SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 17 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 17 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Dirty Street Pie Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:22 am

Emayem wrote:
brownravens wrote:I know we've addressed this ad nauseam but I still find it super interesting that based on the FB live the least amount of people want Laura to win - Tara beating her is understandable but Elise too is weird IMO. Compared to Alex, she's been given a generous edit and lots of screen time but people just haven't warmed to her and pretty curious about why. I know we spend tonnes of time analysing (and stalking) so its only natural we develop favourites but it just seems like casual viewers aren't that keen on her and it's confusing me on a conceptual level - there's nothing she's explicitly done.

I don't think it is anything she has done, I just think she is too snobby maybe for the Australian public. We love to get behind the funny one, the one who is a little bit bogan, the underdogs. Someone like Laura just doesn't resonate with the majority of the public.

Yeah, we are a strange lot sometimes. I wonder if someone with Laura's edit would have been popular with the public in another countries Bachelor?
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 17 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Justme Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:25 am

*SPOILER WITHIN*

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/national/the-bachelor-angered-by-editing-tara-pavlovic-rules-out-a-run-as-the-bachelorette/news-story/094383ff1f2c293a163c573dd18a449f

Justme

Back to top Go down

Post by everending Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:32 am

Justme wrote:*SPOILER WITHIN*

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/national/the-bachelor-angered-by-editing-tara-pavlovic-rules-out-a-run-as-the-bachelorette/news-story/094383ff1f2c293a163c573dd18a449f

That's totally ridiculous, how can they release this before the show has aired? How is Tara allowed to say this stuff to the media before her outcome is revealed?
everending
everending

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:37 am

@everending I think it's a PR offensive to avoid the mass disappointment of Tara's shock elimination IMO.
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:39 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:
Emayem wrote:
brownravens wrote:I know we've addressed this ad nauseam but I still find it super interesting that based on the FB live the least amount of people want Laura to win - Tara beating her is understandable but Elise too is weird IMO. Compared to Alex, she's been given a generous edit and lots of screen time but people just haven't warmed to her and pretty curious about why. I know we spend tonnes of time analysing (and stalking) so its only natural we develop favourites but it just seems like casual viewers aren't that keen on her and it's confusing me on a conceptual level - there's nothing she's explicitly done.

I don't think it is anything she has done, I just think she is too snobby maybe for the Australian public. We love to get behind the funny one, the one who is a little bit bogan, the underdogs. Someone like Laura just doesn't resonate with the majority of the public.

Yeah, we are a strange lot sometimes. I wonder if someone with Laura's edit would have been popular with the public in another countries Bachelor?

I think you guys are right - there's just something about Australians that doesn't like "always had it" storyline.
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by Justme Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:42 am

brownravens wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:
Emayem wrote:

I think you guys are right - there's just something about Australians that doesn't like "always had it" storyline.

We love a good underdog imo laugh out loud

Justme

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:45 am

I think it's Laura's "humour"' that people don't resonate with. I think she says things not realising how they actually sound to other people. I think I rolled my eyes so hard when she said her dog loves her so much. It's just a weird thing to say IMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:47 am

brownravens wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:
Emayem wrote:

Yeah Australian's like to root for the underdog. Though the voting on Tenplay for "Who Should Matty Choose?" is very different to the voting on the FB page "Who will win mattys heart?". Whether voters actually differentiate the two (I doubt it) Tenplay voting ranks them as 1. Tara  2.Laura  3.Elise. So it could even be a further break down of demographics who use FB vs demographic who is on the tenplay site
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:49 am

I am not Australian and I haven't warmed to Laura at all since sleuthing her back in March. It has very little to do with her edit which has been really good IMO and doesn't matter to me if Laura was F6, F10 or F1 I'd still feel the same. It's just different strokes for different folks.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeans Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:55 am

They must've quickly deleted that article because I can't access it

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 am

BlueJeans wrote:

@bluejeans, head to the SM thread or the No Discussion SM thread, poster Leapoffaith was able to bring it over before they deleted it Smiley It's confirmation for the F3 elimination Hugesmile

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Justme Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:57 am

BlueJeans wrote:

Seems some can and some can't. Strange. You can head to the sm if you want to read it. Has been posted with article visible Smiley

Justme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+55
BabyGotBach
Sprite
BasicallytheFBI
Michdealm
Seabear