SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Page 59 of 60 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teambbf - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by ideas_ideas Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Zaynab wrote:I wish Laura and Matty all the best as well as Elise. I will continue to follow all three on their continuing journeys in love. Can someone remind me of Laura and Matty's astrological signs?

@Zaynab - Matty is Cancer and Laura is Aries. Wouldn't be surprised at all if she has a Gemini ascendant, love to know!

ideas_ideas

Back to top Go down

teambbf - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by solaroo Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:20 pm

Look in my experience I think there are lots of reasons why people choose to live in whatever suburb and they are all valid, it's just different strokes for different folks and not unique to Sydney. IMO if you're not originally from Sydney, you're (sensibly) going to pick closest to where your job is, family, social circle, proximity to the beach if that's your thing within the range of what you can afford etc. Not everyone needs or wants a McMansion in the outer suburbs just like not everyone wants a shoebox in the inner city, or everything in between, but that's the great thing about Sydney - it's diversity. I can't judge Matty and Laura for choosing to live where they do, that's their choice for the reasons I mentioned above, and it doesn't affect how I feel about them as a couple.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Emayem Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:32 pm

solaroo wrote:Look in my experience I think there are lots of reasons why people choose to live in whatever suburb and they are all valid, it's just different strokes for different folks and not unique to Sydney.  IMO if you're not originally from Sydney, you're (sensibly) going to pick closest to where your job is, family, social circle, proximity to the beach if that's your thing within the range of what you can afford etc. Not everyone needs or wants a McMansion in the outer suburbs just like not everyone wants a shoebox in the inner city, or everything in between, but that's the great thing about Sydney - it's diversity.  I can't judge Matty and Laura for choosing to live where they do, that's their choice for the reasons I mentioned above, and it doesn't affect how I feel about them as a couple.

For me, it's not the fact they live there that bothers me, it's the way they wear it as a badge of their social status.

Emayem

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyGotBach Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:41 pm

Love Love Love them!! :sprinklehearts Jumping hearts I had all the feels all season long with these two. I really love when i can see a love story and when its this obvious its even better.

I really felt for Elise my heart just broke and wanted to jump through my TV and give her a big warm hug :thismuch:
But unfortunately this is the nature of the show that sux the most.

IMO Laura was wonderful and a breath of fresh air. She felt so real and i cried so much when she told Matty that she loved him and he was worth the heartbreak if she was not his chosen girl. She just wanted him to be happy. IMO That's true love people! Nikki said the same thing at the end of Richies heartbreaking moment. She said she loved him so much that she just wants him to be happy!

Then at the finale rose ceremony when Laura was breaking down in tears expecting to be dumped telling Matty just do it, do it, then Matty told her he loved her :fanningfan beatingheart it really was beautiful.

Well that's my 2 cents and i hope they will last because i could feel Matty fell for Laura from the beginning. :swinginglove

BabyGotBach
BabyGotBach

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:46 pm

Emayem wrote:
solaroo wrote:Look in my experience I think there are lots of reasons why people choose to live in whatever suburb and they are all valid, it's just different strokes for different folks and not unique to Sydney.  IMO if you're not originally from Sydney, you're (sensibly) going to pick closest to where your job is, family, social circle, proximity to the beach if that's your thing within the range of what you can afford etc. Not everyone needs or wants a McMansion in the outer suburbs just like not everyone wants a shoebox in the inner city, or everything in between, but that's the great thing about Sydney - it's diversity.  I can't judge Matty and Laura for choosing to live where they do, that's their choice for the reasons I mentioned above, and it doesn't affect how I feel about them as a couple.

For me, it's not the fact they live there that bothers me, it's the way they wear it as a badge of their social status.

Exactly this. The fact that Laura stated it's something they both want is weird.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:47 pm

BabyGotBach wrote:Love Love Love them!! :sprinklehearts Jumping hearts I had all the feels all season long with these two.  I really love when i can see a love story and when its this obvious its even better.

I really felt for Elise my heart just broke and wanted to jump through my TV and give her a big warm hug :thismuch:

IMO Laura was wonderful and a breath of fresh air.  She felt so real and i cried so much when she told Matty that she loved him and he was worth the heartbreak if she was not his chosen girl.  She just wanted him to be happy. IMO That's true love people! Nikki said the same thing at the end of Richies heartbreaking moment. She said she loved him so much that she just wants him to be happy!

Then at the finale rose ceremony when Laura was breaking down in tears expecting to be dumped telling Matty just do it, do it, then Matty told her he loved her  :fanningfan  beatingheart it really was beautiful.  

Well that's my 2 cents and i hope they will last because i could feel Matty fell for Laura from the beginning.   :swinginglove

I'm on the red helicopter/hang glider thingie/elephant with you!!!

Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStarsShiver Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:59 pm

BabyGotBach wrote:Love Love Love them!! :sprinklehearts Jumping hearts I had all the feels all season long with these two.  I really love when i can see a love story and when its this obvious its even better.

IMO Laura was wonderful and a breath of fresh air.  She felt so real and i cried so much when she told Matty that she loved him and he was worth the heartbreak if she was not his chosen girl.  She just wanted him to be happy. IMO That's true love people! Nikki said the same thing at the end of Richies heartbreaking moment. She said she loved him so much that she just wants him to be happy!

Then at the finale rose ceremony when Laura was breaking down in tears expecting to be dumped telling Matty just do it, do it, then Matty told her he loved her  :fanningfan  beatingheart it really was beautiful.  

Well that's my 2 cents and i hope they will last because i could feel Matty fell for Laura from the beginning.   :swinginglove

I have been watching the show but not commenting on here and I just love these two! When Laura told Matty that she thought he was breaking up with her I died. I was very sad for Elise but I never really saw Matty look at any of the girls the way he looked at Laura.
BlueStarsShiver
BlueStarsShiver

Female Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneleigh Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:41 am

BlueStarsShiver wrote:

I have been watching the show but not commenting on here and I just love these two! When Laura told Matty that she thought he was breaking up with her I died. I was very sad for Elise but I never really saw Matty look at any of the girls the way he looked at Laura.

Totally agree. I love watching them together. :yes:

stoneleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:48 am

ssin0547 wrote:
Emayem wrote:

Exactly this. The fact that Laura stated it's something they both want is weird.

I disagree, I don't think it's the slightest bit weird at all.  When people go on this show, the lead and the winner can potentially be from opposite ends of the country and we've seen how problematic that can be in terms of having to relocate one person's entire life (see:  Richie/Alex).  How wonderful for Matty and Laura that they don't even have to consider that as an issue.  When Laura referenced this in the interview, IMO she was just highlighting how much easier it's going to be for them given they can stay right where they are and don't have to worry about moving for exactly the reasons I mentioned above.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:10 am

solaroo wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:
Emayem wrote:

I disagree, I don't think it's the slightest bit weird at all.  When people go on this show, the lead and the winner can potentially be from opposite ends of the country and we've seen how problematic that can be in terms of having to relocate one person's entire life (see:  Richie/Alex).  How wonderful for Matty and Laura that they don't even have to consider that as an issue.  When Laura referenced this in the interview, IMO she was just highlighting how much easier it's going to be for them given they can stay right where they are and don't have to worry about moving for exactly the reasons I mentioned above.

To me, it shows naive thinking especially for two 30 year olds. Of all the things you could possibly have in common and want to say, it's "We both want to live in the Eastern suburbs"'. If that's one of the top things you list as having in common, that is weird. All I can say is good luck wanting to live in Bondi or Rushcutters Bay with your children you apparently want on the salary of a marketing manager. It's a different kettle of fish to when you're single and living in those suburbs with a roommate. Elise also has moved to the Eastern suburbs but she hasn't referenced it in interviews or the show (apart from when her and Matty drove past it on their
SD). She simply says she moved to Sydney. Elora also lives in the Eastern suburbs but hasn't boasted about it. And there in lays the difference in their personalities. I agree with above. She wears it like some weird badge of honour. JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:23 am

ssin0547 wrote:
solaroo wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:

To me, it shows naive thinking especially for two 30 year olds. Of all the things you could possibly have in common and want to say, it's "We both want to live in the Eastern suburbs"'. If that's one of the top things you list as having in common, that is weird. All I can say is good luck wanting to live in Bondi or Rushcutters Bay with your children you apparently want on the salary of a marketing manager. It's a different kettle of fish to when you're single and living in those suburbs with a roommate. Elise also has moved to the Eastern suburbs but she hasn't referenced it in interviews or the show (apart from when her and Matty drove past it on their
SD). She simply says she moved to Sydney. Elora also lives in the Eastern suburbs but hasn't boasted about it. And there in lays the difference in their personalities. I agree with above. She wears it like some weird badge of honour. JMO.

Depending on how many of these rings she sells, they might do alright there. I ventured to her website for the first time today.... for rings that look like you could buy them for $15 at Lovisa, I was shocked to see how much she sold them for...

... with all of this toni may promotion during the show, they probably have enough for a house deposit in the Eastern Suburbs...

spangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeppy Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:30 am

ssin0547 wrote:
solaroo wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:

They definitely wear it as a badge of honour but I'm not sure that's such a bad thing.

If one of them lived on the North Shore and the other in the East, would it be just as bad if they said "XYZ is going to move to Mosman" (or similar.) Both locations are sought after in Sydney- you've got the prime real estate of being by the water and close to the CBD.

With Laura's Rushcutters and Matty's Bondi being so close, maybe the "Eastern Suburbs" generalisation came mostly from the mindset that they were answering the question re: who will move? The answer: nobody just yet, they are both already living in the Eastern Suburbs.

Skeppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 60 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

+53
solaroo
Chi
Dutchy23
Skeppy
Idlemess
Zaynab
djogbenyuie
NostalgicNZA
carraiger
Norcalgal
Pongo