SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Page 58 of 60 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teambbf - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by solaroo Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:31 pm

AEF wrote:
NostalgicNZA wrote:Sooo, thebachelorau account deleted their video together

It is still on facebook

They had to delete it because the sound wouldn't work for some reason. There were a ton of comments saying that.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

teambbf - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by AEF Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:34 pm

solaroo wrote:
AEF wrote:
NostalgicNZA wrote:Sooo, thebachelorau account deleted their video together

It is still on facebook

They had to delete it because the sound wouldn't work for some reason.  There were a ton of comments saying that.

ok thanks it's back up on the page

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeans Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:54 pm

So I couldn't follow this thread live last night so it may have already been mentioned.

But wtf happened to Elise's lucky coin???

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:57 pm

BlueJeans wrote:So I couldn't follow this thread live last night so it may have already been mentioned.

But wtf happened to Elise's lucky coin???

Nothing. Maybe Laura will turn it into a nice piece of Toni May? :uptonogood
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeans Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:03 pm

So he gave it back to her at the hockey game and TPTB never aired the whole thing. Pfft

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Dutchy23 wrote:I wasn't on the Elise train. I liked the final and I like Matty and Laura together.
I agree it wasn't an overly romantic season, but not every person is the same. I think both Matty and Laura aren't very comfortable with PDA. That doesn't mean they can't be in love IMO.

Matty knew from the very first day Laura was the one he wanted. I don't think he was really very interested in any of the other girls. He had to act through the entire season. That's what made this season feel off.

I knew as soon as they described Elise as the "girl next door" and "the perfect match on paper", she was never going to be F1. The same happened on previous seasons. It was like Nikki al over again.
There's always going to be a F2. And most of the time it's the one most liked by the public.
It's the way this show works. I think Elise is going to be alright, like every F2 eventually.

I don't think Matty deserves all the hate he is getting on SM. He choose the girl he fell in love with and he thinks is the best fit for him. Who are we to judge!

I hope they are gonna make it. I like them as a couple.

Loved your post @Dutchy23 , I agree.  I loved watching their love story this season.  As it turns out he knew Laura was the one on the first night, but really, who can plan when they're going to fall for someone?  I'm sure he went into it willing to explore relationships with the other girls, but what was he to do?  Impossible to see how he could have done anything differently and I feel for him having to fake his way through the season with the other girls.  It's no doubt why the whole season seemed so scripted because IT WAS, it had to be to cover for his choice already being made.  IMO, probably those rumours were then true that he needed the producers' help to guide him sensibly through the process.  If he'd already decided but needed to make the show look plausible then I think he had no choice but to get them to produce the storylines for the other girls.  It's just what the show is. JMO.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by mjoy Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:11 pm

In any of the other Bachelor franchises, has the slow burn/dark horse ever won? Certainly, in all the Australian ones, the winner has always had a spark from the start. I just wonder if that would ever happen in this environment given the short time frames. The instant connection will always win out in the lead's eyes when making their decision in the end.

Also, I don't understand the anti-returning contestants sentiment. For me, whether it's a returning contestant or a brand new contestant, the issue will be the same - the producers and the editing! The last comparison to non-returning contestants is Sam wood and yes that was a great season but it was also done by different producers so it's not a fair comparison IMO. It's yearning for something that's never going to happen cause the conditions are different now.
mjoy
mjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:13 pm

mjoy wrote:In any of the other Bachelor franchises, has the slow burn/dark horse ever won?  Certainly, in all the Australian ones, the winner has always had a spark from the start.  I just wonder if that would ever happen in this environment given the short time frames.  The instant connection will always win out in the lead's eyes when making their decision in the end.

Also, I don't understand the anti-returning contestants sentiment.  For me, whether it's a returning contestant or a brand new contestant, the issue will be the same - the producers and the editing!  The last comparison to non-returning contestants is Sam wood and yes that was a great season but it was also done by different producers so it's not a fair comparison IMO.  It's yearning for something that's never going to happen cause the conditions are different now.

I think they should retire the show as it's so boring now if we're only ever going to get the same storyline. I certainly won't tune in next year because it's same ol' same ol'. Sam Wood was a fantastic lead i really enjoyed that season. Give it up Channel 10 the novelty is over now. Although i will be watching Sophie!!

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeans Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:27 pm

dolcimumma wrote:
mjoy wrote:In any of the other Bachelor franchises, has the slow burn/dark horse ever won?  Certainly, in all the Australian ones, the winner has always had a spark from the start.  I just wonder if that would ever happen in this environment given the short time frames.  The instant connection will always win out in the lead's eyes when making their decision in the end.

Also, I don't understand the anti-returning contestants sentiment.  For me, whether it's a returning contestant or a brand new contestant, the issue will be the same - the producers and the editing!  The last comparison to non-returning contestants is Sam wood and yes that was a great season but it was also done by different producers so it's not a fair comparison IMO.  It's yearning for something that's never going to happen cause the conditions are different now.

I think they should retire the show as it's so boring now if we're only ever going to get the same storyline.  I certainly won't tune in next year because it's same ol' same ol'.  Sam Wood was a fantastic lead i really enjoyed that season.  Give it up Channel 10 the novelty is over now. Although i will be watching Sophie!!

I agree. I was watching the finale with my boyfriend and I told him exactly how the finale was going to pan out before it aired. Family will warm to Elise but not to Laura  Elise to get the first (less elaborate/expensive date), Laura to get the second. Laura not wearing any jewellery means she gets the ring. It all panned out exactly like we all thought except I was dead set on the animal curse which has now been broken!!

Predictable. Scripted. Things I already knew but fell for anyway with the hope the underdog would finally win. Nope! The fact that Laura and Matty met before the show and Laura was plugging her jewellery line like crazy and also coming across insincere on SM and in interviews just makes it a lot worse to take. Poor Elise.

Also why would Matty J openly tell Elise at the start he was going to Matty J her? Just awful.

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Justme Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:31 pm

ssin0547 wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:

teambbf - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 58 21728099_10212425172218249_295390367127982159_n
my SC post-finale message from tonight

Matty looks so tired in this photo.

Laura looks like she had a "Ross 4-Mississippi" moment with the fake tan

This comment is priceless! cantstopl

Justme

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 pm

iamreal2u wrote:
Billysmom wrote:Hmmm, sounds like parts of Brooklyn here where the hipsters have moved in and apts are being sold for similar prices. Thanks.

Park Slope and Brooklyn Heights!

Yep, and now Williamsburg and green point, from where the price creep is now spreading into my own queens neighborhood. Unreal prices. (Sorry to be off topic)

Thanks for the insights into the seeming cultural divide Tara was supposedly referencing....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 pm

Billysmom wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:
Billysmom wrote:Hmmm, sounds like parts of Brooklyn here where the hipsters have moved in and apts are being sold for similar prices. Thanks.

Park Slope and Brooklyn Heights!

Yep, and now Williamsburg and green point, from where the price creep is now spreading into my own queens neighborhood. Unreal prices. (Sorry to be off topic)

Thanks for the insights into the seeming cultural divide Tara was supposedly referencing....

I think what's funny is that there are people like Laura and Matty who have only lived in Sydney for such a short period of time yet are soooo proud of living in the Eastern suburbs like it's some amazing achievement and yet the rest of us Sydney siders who were born and raised here understand that paying 2 million dollars for a shoebox in the city when you can have a huge massive McMansion a little further out with money to spare is probably the more sensible decison IMO anyway. I think that's what Tara means. It's too preppy and pretentious. JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 60 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

+53
solaroo
Chi
Dutchy23
Skeppy
Idlemess
Zaynab
djogbenyuie
NostalgicNZA
carraiger
Norcalgal
Pongo