SELECT CONTENT

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Enough Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:13 am

So many people without symptoms have been tested positive. They only got tested because they want to go interstate. Because of this requirement, those poor people who may have symptoms, those who needs to he tested because they work in Aged care and those who needs to be tested before chemotherapy have to queue for hours to get tested. Its not funny to be tested positive. Hope she isolates properly

Enough

Back to top Go down

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:24 am

Yeah tourism testing is a real problem - the wait to get PCR tests here is 8+ hours at the moment and RA tests were illegal until today.  

I just find her reaction really weird; what mother says she's "positive" her children will be infected as well and then laughs about it?

So much is still unknown about how this will affect kids long term, it's not something to squeal excitedly about on social media IMO.

It doesn't look like she's been taking any precautions not to get it either - her Instagram is full of pics of her maskless at various events.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:38 pm

For those of us who wear masks, get vaxxed and keep our social distance to protect OTHERS as well as ourselves, a cavalier attitude is infuriating. We certainly are not part of the greatest generation(s). I doubt any of us could do what our grandparents and/or parents did during WW2 when sacrifice was given readily.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:22 pm

If you're going on SM to announce you have COVID it might imo be a good idea not to laugh about it considering the number of deaths world wide and the number of deaths who had no chance because there weren't vaccine's at the time.

Pretty tasteless imo.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Agreed. She seriously seems excited to have new "content" to talk about.  So weird.  I can't understand why she's not going to more effort to protect their children.

This family were in the exact same position: one parent (the father) tested positive pre-travel.  He is now isolating away from his wife and baby in a separate room of their 2br apartment (while Laura claims it's "completely impossible" to isolate in a 2br apartment...)

Laura is acting like it's inevitable Matty and the girls will get it but it doesn't have to be, if you take precautions and put your family's health ahead of your Instagram.

Phillipa Nairne said her family was due to leave Sydney for Queensland to spend the holidays with relatives, but a routine COVID-19 test required to travel there scuppered those plans.

Mr Nairne now will watch his one-year-old daughter Leila open her presents over a video call this morning, having tested positive to COVID-19 last week.

"We were basically just doing it (the test) as a tick-the-box exercise," Ms Nairne said.

My daughter and I were negative but Tim was positive."

Tim will spend Christmas in a room in their two-bedroom apartment in Sydney's inner west.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:12 am

Bobette wrote:Yeah tourism testing is a real problem - the wait to get PCR tests here is 8+ hours at the moment and RA tests were illegal until today.  

I just find her reaction really weird; what mother says she's "positive" her children will be infected as well and then laughs about it?

So much is still unknown about how this will affect kids long term, it's not something to squeal excitedly about on social media IMO.

It doesn't look like she's been taking any precautions not to get it either - her Instagram is full of pics of her maskless at various events.

Yeah. Laura continues to show why she's not my favourite in this franchise, never has and never will be

I really hope she's not actually as cavalier about covid as it looks. Omicron isn't that bad apparently but it's not a given it's omicron, in fact if she really can't taste stuff like her stories imply it could be Delta as losing sense of taste/smell isn't a thing with omicron, apparently.

Bobette wrote:Agreed. She seriously seems excited to have new "content" to talk about.  So weird.  I can't understand why she's not going to more effort to protect their children.

This family were in the exact same position: one parent (the father) tested positive pre-travel.  He is now isolating away from his wife and baby in a separate room of their 2br apartment (while Laura claims it's "completely impossible" to isolate in a 2br apartment...)

Laura is acting like it's inevitable Matty and the girls will get it but it doesn't have to be, if you take precautions and put your family's health ahead of your Instagram.

Phillipa Nairne said her family was due to leave Sydney for Queensland to spend the holidays with relatives, but a routine COVID-19 test required to travel there scuppered those plans.

Mr Nairne now will watch his one-year-old daughter Leila open her presents over a video call this morning, having tested positive to COVID-19 last week.

"We were basically just doing it (the test) as a tick-the-box exercise," Ms Nairne said.

My daughter and I were negative but Tim was positive."

Tim will spend Christmas in a room in their two-bedroom apartment in Sydney's inner west.

Source

yeah I also know someone who tested positive. to ensure his still negative kids and wife stay that way, he's camping out in his office for two weeks.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:47 pm

@leavers credit to the fellow camping out at his office.

I just found out this morning a good friend of mine's family is going through this. Dad tested positive yesterday. He immediately isolated himself in a spare room. Meanwhile Mom is trying to stay healthy to care for her two young ones, 3 yrs and 5 yrs old. The problem imo is the time between you have symptoms and get tested, sometimes it's too late, you've already infected others.

How can you not drop everything to protect your family?! My empathy meter is inching closer to zero when I hear stories such as Laura's. It's the innocent unvax'd children I feel for that have to suffer the consequences of the decisions their parents make.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:34 pm

One of my sons and his gf tested positive Nov 2020. They were at our home when their test results came back. I had them isolate in separate rooms, with separate bathrooms, while I was at their beck and call for 10 days. I made them meals, delivered on a tray, kept pitchers of water in a cooler outside each of their doors and then collected everything and sanitized it every night. It was exhausting. I kept thinking there is no way a parent with young children to care for could go the the lengths we did to keep the virus contained. Fortunately, both their cases were very mild.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:33 pm

@Norcalgal I know it's a lot of work. My nieces family went through the same thing. I hope your son and g/f recovered with no lingering side effects.

In addition to my post, now the mother and one child got their tests back today and both positive. What a nightmare.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:12 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@Norcalgal I know it's a lot of work. My nieces family went through the same thing. I hope your son and g/f recovered with no lingering side effects.

In addition to my post, now the mother and one child got their tests back today and both positive. What a nightmare.

I've had a close call with being a close contact and that gave me a taste of what it would be like to have to self-isolate. It really was nerve wracking getting through that period, worrying about if I'd caught it and therefore passed it onto my kids.

I just can't fathom how anyone would ever treat it like a joke. It's disappointing.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:08 am

Now Laura mentioned they are all positive for Covid. I thought initially she said Matty J and her children tested negative before they were driving to Qld. Now Matty J said he got Covid and Christmas day was his Day 5.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10348519/The-Bachelors-Matty-J-Johnson-reveals-Covid-symptoms-isolating-home.html?adobe_mc=TS%3D1640682412%7CMCAID%3D2F7111100515D55D-40000BE423B958BB

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:32 pm

@Enough I was confused because when I watched the story, at one point Matty said he had some symptoms but it was sort of cut off. He also didn't look good but they didn't say he was positive. She posted on xmas eve that she was positive, so Matty must have already contracted it if xmas was day 5?

This is no surprise that they are all positive, they did nothing to prevent that from happening and now it sounds  like Matty had symptoms but they went ahead with their 6 hour journey. I also found it strange that she originally posted she drove 6 hrs then she drove back 6 hrs. At the time I wondered if she was sick why wasn't he driving.

If he thinks his 10 month old daughter is "immune" he hasn't been paying attention the last 2 yrs.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+20
limoncello
LeapofFaith
Kas_256
Agent99
Enough