SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by tatladylu Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:22 pm

During the interview, he actual gave those earning amounts for the minors.

Also, 2.5 M gross in 10 years is not great deal of money. Many jobs in the public easily make 1M -2M in 10 years (with no agents or managers involved). Good salary yes but big bucks no!

At least what my idea of big bucks means anyway...hahaha!

Humber is a community college.

tatladylu

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:34 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:Funny thing is, Lindsey’s family may be seeing this 33 year old semi-predator when Chris is probably not even as experienced in day-to-day real life as Lyndsey. Still he needs someone older, more educated and more life and career savvy as a partner, IMO.

Many years ago the blind could lead the blind as long as they had love. Nowadays, at least one party needs to have a clue, IMO. Also, Chris needs to stop spouting lines he’s borrowed from movies
I lost the last half of my post hissyfit

I wanted to say his canned lines confuse the girls (and the audience, too) so, the families no no   IMO, Chris needs a more educated, experienced, career savvy woman. I think he’s a really great guy but he’s got some personal growth in the real world to achieve and buying his house was the first of many milestones.
How is Mikaela more educated than Lyndsey. I havent' looked at Mikaela's stats, but Lyndsey is very educated. Not to mention her experience, who's to say Mikaela is more experienced than Lyndsey. If we are just going off of age, well IMO that's not good enough. I was FAR more experienced in ways of life at 19 than many others that I know at 25 so where does this experience word come into it??

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:41 pm

I don't think @Chgohighlife was saying that Mikaela is the more experienced one...

Anyway, from what I've seen both girls seem very ambitious and goal oriented. Chris is the one with the question mark.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:09 pm

Ok, just seems that when someone looks at a young age, that means that that they aren't experience, they aren't mature, they have little life experience as well.

I know that it can be looked at like that, but also know that some have had to face family deaths, some have had to be parentless due to deaths, some have even faced cancer and been left to deal with stuff so age is a number. Learned that early on.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:29 pm

tatladylu wrote:During the interview, he actual gave those earning amounts for the minors.

Also, 2.5 M gross in 10 years is not great deal of money. Many jobs in the public easily make 1M -2M in 10 years (with no agents or managers involved).  Good salary yes but big bucks no!

At least what my idea of big bucks means anyway...hahaha!

Humber is a community college.
Humber is a publicly funded college that DOES award bachelor degrees. Look at its Wiki and site. 

I agree $2.5M means he has flexibility but he needs a new career. It is not $2.5M gross. That’s after estimated adjustments.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by tatladylu Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:46 pm

University admission standards, grading and assessment requirements are different for community colleges "degrees". Generally, most courses are not transferable because of the course itself, standards in grading or required courses for admission

At least, that's what I understand from those who gotten into community colleges vs universities.

Didn't realize salary was adjust ...just thought they stated earning in almanac. Again, for me, that's not a lot of money....laugh out loud!!

tatladylu

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:53 pm

tatladylu wrote:University admission standards, grading and assessment requirements are different for community colleges "degrees". Generally, most courses are not transferable because of the course itself, standards in grading or required courses for admission

At least, that's what I understand from those who gotten into community colleges vs universities.

Didn't realize salary was adjust ...just thought they stated earning in almanac. Again, for me, that's not a lot of money....laugh out loud!!

Humber College is affiliated with the University of Guelph at Humber ... they share the same campus. A student that attends the University earns a degree from the University of Guelph as well as a diploma from Humber College. If Mikaela has a Bachelor of Commerce, then she must have take some University courses in order to have attained that degree.
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:55 pm

tatladylu wrote:University admission standards, grading and assessment requirements are different for community colleges "degrees". Generally, most courses are not transferable because of the course itself, standards in grading or required courses for admission

Once again, Humber awards bachelor degrees. This is Canada’s system, not U.S. look at their wiki.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by tatladylu Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Yes they do share campuses with the universities but just because they're affiliated with the campus doesn't mean that their "degree" standards are equivalent to, for example, a commerce degree from Rotman at U of T. or their engineering degree is equivalent to an engineering degree from UW....because of standards, grading and requirements.

tatladylu

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:06 pm

I'm not speculating ... I know this for a fact. Hugesmile

Last edited by richmondrose on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:21 pm

tatladylu wrote:Yes they do share campuses with the universities but just because they're affiliated with the campus doesn't mean that their "degree" standards are equivalent to, for example, a commerce degree from Rotman at U of T. or their engineering degree is equivalent to an engineering degree from UW....because of standards, grading and requirements.

It’s a distinction without a difference, IMO. Mikaela has a Bachelor’s degree, not an associate’s degree or a certificate but a Bachelor’s. Are there better ones from better schools? Almost always unless you’re at Harvard or some other uber prestigious university which would trump the other 95% of schools. Fact is she has been on her own, earning her degree then making her way in fashion since she was 19. From all that we know of her history, it does not appear she has gotten involved with an older man at her job, gotten her heart broken and moved home to mend so, good for her.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:

Once again, Humber awards bachelor degrees. This is Canada’s system, not U.S. look at their wiki.

This isn't Canada's system in general. Its either a diploma from a college or a degree from an accredited university. The reason that Humber awards bachelor degrees is because they are affiliated with a university, in this case, the University of Guelph at Humber. It is a satellite university of Guelph university in Guelph, Ontario. Most colleges I know of are not affiliated with a university and therefore only award diplomas. In order for a Humber college student to receive a degree, completion of mandatory university courses is required.
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+29
Jennifer
Pinkgirl
ReneeM
Norcalgal
timfan
notarose
Diana
mercieme
4health
northernviewer
Brill