SELECT CONTENT

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 35 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:50 pm

@albean99 I believe that reporter.

She was loved by everyone in the beginning. They were getting more positive press than any other Royal, and imo that's what the problem was.

Imagine being told they are concerned about what the colour of skin the child will have when he is born, or being told the baby and Meghan won't have security because the baby won't have a title. All the other grandchildren have a title, but Archie won't. He'll just be a normal child.

It was ok for Prince Charles to have an affair for years, while he was dating Princess Diana and even when they got married, but PH marrying a lovely girl with no baggage became an issue for them because of the attention they were getting, and the colour of her skin.

They made sure the media's pockets were lined which made people turn against them. It's amazing what people believe when they are told the same thing over and over.

I don't know how they lasted as long as they did.

ETA: I always wondered why they came to Canada then left for the US. It seemed suspicious to me at the time. They explained it, they were going to continue to represent them in a Commonwealth, but when they were told they weren't and they weren't going to have security they left.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 35 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by LynnTa Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:34 am

I hear a lot of people say Meghan knew or should have known what she was getting into. of course, PH told her about the Duties expected of her. She was up to it and she wasn't complaining about that----its the racism she faced especially from within the Palace & Family! How could she have known that the Family was going to treat her that way? Not only did the Family fail to protect her they were part of it!!!! This is mental torture---but for someone who has never experienced racism ,its quite easy to dismiss this as "whining or attention-seeking". A lot of people who are saying this are those who have the privilege of not being a person of color--and just don't understand the impact of racism on one's mental health. Instead of listening and learning from those who have experienced it---they dismiss and invalidate! Sad indeed.
Meghan only mentioned Kate because she was specifically asked about the story in the paper --The interview was about addressing all the untruths in the media .I'm glad they did that & shed some light on the Family

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:39 am

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

This was a very softball interview that was skewed to favour Meghan and stick it to the rest of the royals. There are several things that make me question "her truth".

The hypocrisy of saying they want to lead a private life, but then spilling their guts and painting everyone else in a very unflattering light. Not exactly private.

The fact that she indicated nobody would help her when she was having mental health issues as if that would look bad for the royal family. Well, her husband had very publicly discussed his own mental health struggles so why didn't he just suggest his therapist?

Also, Harry looks pretty miserable. I think Meghan is thriving in this...Harry not so much....but he loves his wife and wants to support her, unlike how his father was with Diana. He is the one I feel the sorriest for. He is stuck in the middle.

The one thing that I thought about today...Prince Phillip is 99 and not in good health. It is only a matter of time. What is going to happen when there is a funeral? Will Harry come back for that? Will Meghan join him? How will the British press respond? What a mess.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:25 am

So happy to hear Meghan say that they are now in a place that is better than a fairytale. What courage and clarity it took from this couple to "save themselves" and particularly from Harry to have the strength as a father and husband and to prevent history from repeating itself. The echos of his mother made this interview heartbreaking and I believe she would be so proud of him.

I believe Meghan said during the interview in Africa, it's not privacy they were seeking from the media but "fairness".

Reading between the lines, I don't think Meghan was talking about wanting to chat to a therapist, she said she could not be left alone as she had very clear thoughts about harm, imo she was asking to go to a clinic and this was denied.

Imo the media is steering us away from the real issue with the fixation on trying to find out who the person was that asked the question about the baby's skin colour. What Meghan was talking about was a pattern of racism that did not just come from any one person. Through multiple actions and comments racism is pervasive throughout the royal system.

I don't know where the Palace goes with this. I think an almost certain exit now from Commonwealth countries such as Australia I think when Charles becomes King.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:56 am

Living a private life doesn't mean that they should keep quite and let untruths and disinformation about them stand! I'm sure when they said private they didn't mean going off the grid! I am of the opinion, the Brits didn't want them to get public funds so PH has no other alternative but to secure private funding for his family just like many others out there.
M&H came out to defend themselves and to publicly correct the record. A private life doesn't mean a silent life--I'm sure they can do both --a private life and calling out racism.
IMO the Palace didn't treat Harry & Meghan the same (they expected her to just silently take it )---- it is sad that PH is being punished for marrying a black woman and for asking for her protection and for calling out his Family. AJMO

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:24 am

Sprite wrote:I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

This was a very softball interview that was skewed to favour Meghan and stick it to the rest of the royals. There are several things that make me question "her truth".

The hypocrisy of saying they want to lead a private life, but then spilling their guts and painting everyone else in a very unflattering light. Not exactly private.

The fact that she indicated nobody would help her when she was having mental health issues as if that would look bad for the royal family. Well, her husband had very publicly discussed his own mental health struggles so why didn't he just suggest his therapist?

Also, Harry looks pretty miserable. I think Meghan is thriving in this...Harry not so much....but he loves his wife and wants to support her, unlike how his father was with Diana. He is the one I feel the sorriest for. He is stuck in the middle.

The one thing that I thought about today...Prince Phillip is 99 and not in good health. It is only a matter of time. What is going to happen when there is a funeral? Will Harry come back for that? Will Meghan join him? How will the British press respond? What a mess.

@Sprite IA, I think Meghan is a bit problematic, she doesn't even talk to her father and his children. I think she could have handle this differently. My hope is that they work it for Harry's sake, because I think family matters to him a lot, especially his brother and grand parents unlike Meghan who wont even forgive his own father.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:19 pm

Meghan has faced racism her whole life but that didn't prepare her for what she found in England. I'm thinking Oprah, despite her denials, did ask Tyler Perry to help them out. Remember, Oprah was the first person to help Tyler sell his first screenplay/movie twenty years ago. She helped launch his career. While it is possible Meghan and Tyler's paths have crossed in the past, was it a sufficient relationship for Tyler to provide a home AND security for M&H for 3 months? I think Oprah helped make the connection and good on her for doing so. But is this interview a favor repaid by M&H to Oprah? Harry and Oprah are developing something mental health related for Apple TV. Did she pressure them to tell Meghan's struggles while they are at the top of their media attractiveness?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:39 am

Having problems posting Is there an issue?  Tried to add a quote but it didn't work either time.  So trying it this way. I believe that this from The Sun serves as a wake up call that they were racist, I was disgusted to find out that the former King (who married Wallace Simpson) was a Nazi sympathizer.  This is the Queen Mother, Elizabeth the Queen and her sister Margaret. I believe Meghan when she talked about the racism in the Firm.

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 35 _8434914

@maggenzm would you forgive your father for selling his daughter out to the tabloids?  I certainly wouldn't and who would want a sister like her step-sister who also sold Meghan out to the tabloids.

@GuardianAngel I believe your comment about her popularity, the same issue was exposed during Diana's trip to Australia and Charles' jealousy that she was more popular than him. With Harry and Meghan being a huge hit down under, I think it came as a shock to the Firm!

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 35 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:57 am

@gurlbrit, I get where you are coming from, but I believe in forgiveness, especially when the person recognize their error. This is her father who was always there for her. I will definitely try very hard to work things out with my family because there are no perfect family. Just the way she handled her family shows me that she does not consider others perspectives.
As far as the racism, I believe it is true. JMO
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:01 pm

Maggenzm wrote:@gurlbrit, I get where you are coming from, but I believe in forgiveness, especially when the person recognize their error. This is her father who was always there for her. I will definitely try very hard to work things out with my family because there are no perfect family. Just the way she handled her family shows me that she does not consider others perspectives.

Thanks, I grew up in the UK, had no idea about the Nazi stuff until I watched The Crown, then I googled it and read articles.  I had thought that bringing a person of color into the Royal family would change viewpoints, but the tabloids just got uglier and uglier, Meghan got no support from The Firm, just as Harry's mother never got any support.  As far as Meghan's father is concerned, forgiveness goes both ways, as long as he continues to go to the tabloids he will not be a part of her family.

I also believed Harry when he said the Tabloids and The Firm had an agreement that for the major members of the Firm they would go easy on them. Now that Meghan is out of the picture I see The Sun has started to dish nasty tea on the major members of the organization.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 35 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:18 pm

gurlbrit wrote:
Maggenzm wrote:@gurlbrit, I get where you are coming from, but I believe in forgiveness, especially when the person recognize their error. This is her father who was always there for her. I will definitely try very hard to work things out with my family because there are no perfect family. Just the way she handled her family shows me that she does not consider others perspectives.

Thanks, I grew up in the UK, had no idea about the Nazi stuff until I watched The Crown, then I googled it and read articles.  I had thought that bringing a person of color into the Royal family would change viewpoints, but the tabloids just got uglier and uglier, Meghan got no support from The Firm, just as Harry's mother never got any support.  As far as Meghan's father is concerned, forgiveness goes both ways, as long as he continues to go to the tabloids he will not be a part of her family.  

@gurlbrit I get your point, but I think she should have a conversation with him and then, if he continues you 're on the right. He continues to reach out to her, but she won't give him a minute in a her day, to me that's cold and selfish. she is rich and her father is poor, blows my mind! Can only imagine what she would do to Harry if they break up. Will he be able to see his kids???? JMO
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:57 pm

Maggenzm wrote:
gurlbrit wrote:

@gurlbrit I get your point, but I think she should have a conversation with him and then, if he continues you 're on the right. He continues to reach out to her, but she won't give him a minute in a her day, to me that's cold and selfish. she is rich and her father is poor, blows my mind! Can only imagine what she would do to Harry if they break up. Will he be able to see his kids???? JMO

Unfortunately, this is why she WILL not allow him back in.  He promised one time to stop going to the tabloids, then he released a letter she'd written to him to the Daily Mail.  I am using People Magazine's article about it. https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-apology-from-uk-tabloid-printing-dad-letter/

gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

+44
chasus71
terrypat
HavaDrPepper
Topazgold