SELECT CONTENT

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PrinceHarry - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 38 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by gurlbrit Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:21 am

@Linds911 I've never been so disgusted with the way they are being treated. The British have that stiff upper lip stuff going on but FFS Harry should have been kept apprised of his grandmothers condition. I'm glad they left the "Firm" I could see Meghan getting the same treatment as Diana, by both the press and the public. Diana loved two MOC during her lifetime and she was vilified for it.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
PrinceHarry - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 38 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

PrinceHarry - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 38 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by Relalou Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:13 pm

I may be in the minority here. I have watched Prince Harry grow up from a little boy, adored by the British public, even through some escapades! I was glad he found his "love" in Meghan and I believe she genuinely thought that her celebrity experience would help her to fit into the royal family.

I do think she was given a hard time by the press, but honestly so has almost every member of the royal family in their time (including Charles, Camilla and Kate). Each of them kept their own counsel and got on with what is actually a job as well as a family. The working royals work extremely hard for charities, good causes and the British people.

In the US many celebrities frequently share their thoughts, feelings and opinions, but in the UK the royal family tend not to do so. In abstaining from sharing their personal opinions they remain above politics, etc, and unify the country to a large extent over times of difficulty and crisis. This is not how Meghan was raised and she clearly had trouble fitting in - it must be hard to do so. However, she and Harry made the best choice for themselves and stepped out of the "firm", the royal family (if not the intimate family) and left the country. Distance brings its own challenges and when the Queen dies there is much that is immediately put into place. Harry was notified before the general public and probably at the same time as many other members of the royal family.

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:43 pm

gurlbrit wrote:@Linds911 I've never been so disgusted with the way they are being treated.  The British have that stiff upper lip stuff going on but FFS Harry should have been kept apprised of his grandmothers condition.  I'm glad they left the "Firm" I could see Meghan getting the same treatment as Diana, by both the press and the public.  Diana loved two MOC during her lifetime and she was vilified for it.

I watched a vid of Harry mentioning that. His mother was chased by media because she was with a MOC. He says history is repeating itself.

I cannot believe the hatred for Meghan that I sometimes come across. I'm glad Harry had the guts to get out. He also mentions how therapy helped him so much.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:07 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
gurlbrit wrote:@Linds911 I've never been so disgusted with the way they are being treated.  The British have that stiff upper lip stuff going on but FFS Harry should have been kept apprised of his grandmothers condition.  I'm glad they left the "Firm" I could see Meghan getting the same treatment as Diana, by both the press and the public.  Diana loved two MOC during her lifetime and she was vilified for it.

I watched a vid of Harry mentioning that. His mother was chased by media because she was with a MOC. He says history is repeating itself.

I cannot believe the hatred for Meghan that I sometimes come across. I'm glad Harry had the guts to get out. He also mentions how therapy helped him so much.

According to "gossip" she was in love with Pakistani surgeon named Hasnat Kahn. https://www.rd.com/list/secrets-about-princess-dianas-affair-hasnat-khan/

There was also whole bunch of gossip about her relationship with Dodi Al Fayad.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
PrinceHarry - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 38 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

+44
chasus71
terrypat
HavaDrPepper
Topazgold