SELECT CONTENT

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Page 54 of 65 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oscars - Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 54 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by George1218 Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:01 pm

As someone who is part Cherokee, I have to say that I do not take offense to being called Indian.
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Oscars - Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 54 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by alwayscooking Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:35 pm

George1218 wrote:As someone who is part Cherokee, I have to say that I do not take offense to being called Indian.

My hubby, of 33 years, is Native American (Apache) and Hispanic, he doesn't take offense to it either, never has.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:12 am

Amethyst wrote: ~snipped

As for Rachel L., all I ask that she treat people equally. IMO she hasn't, by a long shot. If asking for someone to treat people equally is a "microagression," so be it. As far as I'm concerned she is welcome to whatever success she finds in life. I just don't care to be a part of it.

Taylor's vile tweets speak for themselves.

And as for Rachael K., I've been onboard from the beginning for finding her actions racially insensitive. AFAIK I was the first one on this board to bring the plantation/southern belle photos over here for discussion. However I think what happened to her over time became a vicious pile-on that was out of proportion to her offenses (especially when you compare her treatment to Taylor's treatment, which had largely blown over in less than a week.) YMMV

IMO, Rachel's double standards have been on full display since her season as the Bachelorette. She was a willing participant in Dean's heartbreaking discussion with his estranged father on their hometown date, but railed against TPTB showing Matt's talk with his father. To my knowledge, she's never called out TPTB for this or apologized to Dean. Just a bit hypocritical IMO.

Instead of being being disgusted by Taylor's multiple vile tweets, she is angry that they were found and stated "people dug up those tweets to discredit Taylor". She's spoken endlessly on any and everything dug up on Rachael in an effort to discredit her. Just a bit hypocritical IMO. Rachel is quick to bash Rachael for wearing a Native American costume to a Halloween party as a teenager, but where is her disgust at 50 year old Kenya Moore doing so on a nationally televised reality tv show? Just a bit hypocritical IMO.

I've listened to the podcast and also read the transcription of the podcast on another site. Van was an on-air "talent" at TMZ for 9 years before his firing led him to this gig. Calling RK "McKinnon" and "Kirk Kennel" was a a way to diminish and mock her IMO. He's far too experienced not to know the name of the person he's talking about. Both he and Rachel knew calling RK "Rachel KKK" and "ConfedRachael" would be quoted endlessly in the media. As an attorney, Rachel knows the value of the illusory truth effect. Essentially, when we hear something repeatedly it becomes truthful or a fact.

The Bach shows I've watched for years as a little mindless entertainment to escape the harsh realities of the world just isn't fun anymore. IMO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:55 am

Oh no, Rachel! no no

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:08 pm

OMG, did she just really ask her that?  laugh out loud  I'm actually surprised Rachel would even ask such a question to another woman . Yeah, she might not want to quit her podcast just yet.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:04 pm

alwayscooking wrote:OMG, did she just really ask her that?  laugh out loud  I'm actually surprised Rachel would even ask such a question to another woman .  Yeah, she might not want to quit her podcast just yet.
She could ask that on her podcast to someone who is equally caught up in the celebrity cult of Hollywood. Rolling Eyes

I guess she just forgot that she was talking to a renowned actress from another country, old enough to be her grandma, who had just won an Oscar and should be celebrated for that.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:00 pm

Wow, just wow. So Extra released an edited video of Rachel's interview with this women. They edited out the, IMO, idiotic question, and the woman's response. I wonder if Rachel will address this or not? I'm guessing not. It still boggles my mind that Rachel, all about empowering women, social justice warrior, has no problem calling others out for their indiscretions, has the opportunity to interview a woman the just achieved an amazing accomplishment, and her first question is about a man. yes People must be upset about this if Extra is having to edit the video.

alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:25 pm

@alwayscooking Yeah, the comments on that first Twitter post are brutal. Oscars - Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 54 1f62c

I’m not sure she is that big on women empowerment deep down. After all, her first reaction to Colton’s restraining order was “I wonder how HE feels”. Spending time with Billy Bush can’t be helpful either.
All JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by pikake Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:54 pm

blueblues wrote:
alwayscooking wrote:OMG, did she just really ask her that?  laugh out loud  I'm actually surprised Rachel would even ask such a question to another woman .  Yeah, she might not want to quit her podcast just yet.
She could ask that on her podcast to someone who is equally caught up in the celebrity cult of Hollywood. Rolling Eyes

I guess she just forgot that she was talking to a renowned actress from another country, old enough to be her grandma, who had just won an Oscar and should be celebrated for that.
JMO

Rachel's question seemed highly inappropriate and juvenile to me .... Wow!
IMHO

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:18 pm

blueblues wrote:@alwayscooking Yeah, the comments on that first Twitter post are brutal. Oscars - Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 54 1f62c

I’m not sure she is that big on women empowerment deep down. After all, her first reaction to Colton’s restraining order was “I wonder how HE feels”. Spending time with Billy Bush can’t be helpful either.
All JMO

BBM: I don't think she is. She seemed like she was on Eazy's side regarding the allegations against him too given her open support of him after the allegations were made public.

I think Rachel has literally no concept of intersectionality. The only thing she agitates for is Black people, which is why she was also really wishy washy about Taylor. Her concept of social justice isn't about women, or POC generally.

I think it's fine to narrow your activism to one thing - it takes a lot of energy. But she honestly seems to have no clue at all about anything else.

All JMO
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:40 pm

leavers wrote:
blueblues wrote:@alwayscooking Yeah, the comments on that first Twitter post are brutal. Oscars - Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 54 1f62c

All JMO

BBM: I don't think she is. She seemed like she was on Eazy's side regarding the allegations against him too given her open support of him after the allegations were made public.

I think Rachel has literally no concept of intersectionality. The only thing she agitates for is Black people, which is why she was also really wishy washy about Taylor. Her concept of social justice isn't about women, or POC generally.

I think it's fine to narrow your activism to one thing - it takes a lot of energy. But she honestly seems to have no clue at all about anything else.

All JMO

I am not here to argue with any of you, but I have to say Rachel has posted stories /tweets of supporting Stop Asian Hate. I am an Asian American, and I appreciate she and Bryan posting about this topic that’s close to my heart.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:51 pm

sdmom wrote:
leavers wrote:

All JMO

All JMO

I am not here to argue with any of you, but I have to say Rachel has posted stories /tweets of supporting Stop Asian Hate. I am an Asian American, and I appreciate she and Bryan posting about this topic that’s close to my heart.

And that is good, but it's also the bare minimum and would have stood out much more if she hadn't. JMO.

I don't think she's better or worse than anyone in BN, really. Which is kind of my point I guess, she's flawed, but she's so often held up as a paragon of virtue wrt social justice, but she's still learning just like everyone else IMO
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 65 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

+87
Fleurdesel
provenceguy
mbl
chasus71
gurlbrit