SELECT CONTENT

BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Blogs - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Blogs - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION	 - Page 3 Empty Re: BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Blogs - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Post by veg_out Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:49 pm

Sprite wrote:
veg_out wrote:Reading these again, Arie basically shifts from gushing about Becca to barely mentioning her, particularly after Jan. 9. He talks a lot about baby Beks and then Krystal and then Lauren.

So basically, he doesn't know WTH he wants. He seems to lose interest quickly.

I am going to wager a guess that Arie did not get engaged at the end of the season.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Blogs - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION	 - Page 3 Empty Re: BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Blogs - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Post by Sprite Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:51 pm

veg_out wrote:
Sprite wrote:
veg_out wrote:Reading these again, Arie basically shifts from gushing about Becca to barely mentioning her, particularly after Jan. 9. He talks a lot about baby Beks and then Krystal and then Lauren.

So basically, he doesn't know WTH he wants. He seems to lose interest quickly.

I am going to wager a guess that Arie did not get engaged at the end of the season.

I'll take that wager. I don't think tptb would let him pull a JPab and he doesn't have the balls to stand up to them.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm

The Bachelor: Chris Harrison blogs week 7

CHRIS HARRISON February 12, 2018 AT 10:00 PM EST

Every week, Bachelor host and executive producer Chris Harrison is giving EW his behind-the-scenes take on the latest episode.

Welcome back, Bachelor Nation! I can’t believe it. It only feels like a few weeks since Janu-Arie 1st, and now here we are, down to the final four remaining women. Seven women came into the week, and as you saw, we did things a little differently than we’ve been doing in the past. The Bachelor is an ever-evolving experience, and challenging Arie to make tough decisions is part of the journey. If you’re falling in love with several people, it’s really important to not just continue coasting in the relationships and start taking big steps towards permanence, especially before you’re going to meet someone’s family.

Instead of walking through every single date, I want to instead address some of the bigger moments of the week and talk about what they meant for Arie’s journey. Ever since the first day of his journey, Arie has been a little worried that some of the women wouldn’t want to be with him. So far, that has not borne out, as the women seem to really be falling in love with Arie, each at their own speeds. Jacqueline was the first woman to really make Arie question himself, and I think the emotion that he felt that night is also part of what you saw from him at the end of the episode. Jacqueline very much has been playing catch-up, and last week in Paris she took a big step forward. Jacqueline is actually a lot like Arie, in that she is constantly fluctuating between following her head and following her heart. The truth is that the right decision often can’t be led with either head or heart exclusively. In this case, it seems as if Jacqueline let her head win. She was being logical and Arie couldn’t help but respect that, but as you can see in both of their emotional reactions, their hearts were somewhat surprised by the decisions their heads made.

I know this is skipping around a bit, but we saw a lot of the same emotion when Arie said goodbye to Bekah M. at the end of the episode. We all know that Arie was magnetically drawn to Bekah M. from the beginning, but as soon as he found out her age in Lake Tahoe, I think he had been systematically trying to use his logic to convince himself that his feelings weren’t legitimate. It’s hard to know how his relationship with Bekah would have progressed if either she were older, or if he somehow never learned her age. But his feelings stalled, and then when he said goodbye to her, I think that was a decision led mostly by his head. And you could see when he gave the rose to Tia, he was very excited but he also was questioning his own decisions: not his decision to pick Tia, but his decision to be logical.

It looked a lot like regret. Again, I don’t think Arie wishes he had made a different decision, but I think he’s starting to question his ability to always make the right decision. When you look at the remaining women — Tia, Lauren, Kendall, and Becca — you start to see that all of these women are remarkably different. These decisions for Arie are not comparing apples to apples. In fact, at this point he should be trying not to compare these women to each other at all, and just focusing on figuring out how his life would look with each of them as individuals.

Next week is a big week. Arie is falling in love with several women, and he is about to meet their families. I promise you you’re not going to want to miss this one. But first, tomorrow is the premiere of the Bachelor Winter Games. Make sure you tune in to the first ever international celebration of love. There will be fun, adventure, and love, and there WILL BE TEARS! See you tomorrow night!
Source
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Blog is so weird. Suspect
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:25 am

The Bachelor's Arie Luyendyk Jr. on Lauren B.: 'I Hadn't Felt Like This About Someone Since Emily'

ARIE LUYENDYK JR. February 14, 2018 11:45 AM

Arie Luyendyk Jr. vied for Emily Maynard‘s heart on season 8 of  The Bachelorette. Now, he’s on his own journey to find love on the latest season of The Bachelor — and he’s blogging about it exclusively for PEOPLE! Follow Arie on Twitter at @ariejr.

As we left Paris, I couldn’t believe just how far we had come. Not too long ago I was standing in the driveway of the mansion, nervous about whether or not I could actually be the Bachelor. Back then, I was worried if I was too old or too gray, or if there was a woman that I’d meet who could be my person. Now, I had a whole new set of worries. I had hoped being the Bachelor would get easier, but as I quickly learned, every day was new, and each decision was harder than the last. There were seven women left — seven beautiful, intelligent, interesting women. Each was wonderful and I could imagine a possible future with all of them. On the other hand, I still had so many questions. How do I know our lives will work together after all this? How do I know if they’re actually ready for me to meet their families? How can I fill my entire bag with Italian red wine?

Before I arrived at our hotel in Tuscany, I spent the day in Florence enjoying the architecture, looking at statues, and eating gelato. It was nice to get some time to enjoy the city before my week of dates.  At the end of the week, I would be taking four women to hometowns — it was my biggest week yet.

My first date of the week was with Becca K. From the beginning, I was attracted to her beauty, humility, and kindness. I always knew she’d make a great wife and mother. We had such a strong start on our first date — my first date of this whole journey — but so much had happened since then. Finding a wife isn’t just about finding someone who would be a great on paper, it’s about love and chemistry. Going into the date, I knew that we needed this time to reconnect and see if we could rekindle our early passion.

The picturesque town of Barga was the perfect spot for our date. We had a great time walking the quiet streets, buying wine and cheese, and chatting with locals. Before long, I knew it was time to openly address my current fears about our relationship. Why hadn’t things felt as passionate and chemistry-filled as before? Becca opened up about having difficulty watching my relationships with other women progress and feeling really awkward on group dates. That evening, when Becca said that she was falling for me and that she could see a future with me, it felt amazing. My heart was full, and I was thrilled that the date totally restored my confidence in our potential. When we kissed that night during our romantic dinner, I finally felt the passion that had been missing the last few weeks.

I left my date with Becca feeling great. I went back to my room and opened a bottle of wine to unwind when I heard the knock. I was shocked to see Jacqueline when I opened the door. My breakup with Jacqueline was one of the most emotional moments in my time on The Bachelor. Getting broken up with always sucks, especially when it’s someone you’re as into as I was into Jacqueline. She’s so smart, interesting, and funny — and we’d just had so much fun in Paris. I knew that our lives were completely different and that an engagement may be difficult, but that didn’t mean I was ready to say goodbye. I was developing such strong feelings for her and thought that we really had a chance of making things work. I’ll never forget her nervous, shaky hands during our first kiss, or her thoughtful gestures during our little moments together on group dates. She’s truly a one-of-a-kind woman.

One thing you didn’t see was that after she left, I went and visited the other women in their suite. I wanted to express my sadness about Jacqueline’s departure and remind them how seriously I was taking this journey. I told them if they were ever having doubts in our relationship to let me know. To be honest, I didn’t sleep much that night. I reflected on my relationship with Jacqueline and wondered where things could’ve gone differently. I also now had new fears about the status of my other relationships. Would any of them also choose to leave?

I resolved to not let the Jacqueline breakup affect my date with Lauren the next day. From the moment I met her, I knew I wanted to get to know Lauren more. In life, sometimes you’re just pulled to certain people. The problem was, until our date in Paris, she was unable to open up. As attracted to her as I was, I needed more than just that gut feeling to be able to take her to a hometown.  My hope was that in Lucca, we’d be able to build upon our amazing connection and the depth we reached in Paris.

As we left Paris, I couldn’t believe just how far we had come. Not too long ago I was standing in the driveway of the mansion, nervous about whether or not I could actually be the Bachelor. Back then, I was worried if I was too old or too gray, or if there was a woman that I’d meet who could be my person. Now, I had a whole new set of worries. I had hoped being the Bachelor would get easier, but as I quickly learned, every day was new, and each decision was harder than the last. There were seven women left — seven beautiful, intelligent, interesting women. Each was wonderful and I could imagine a possible future with all of them. On the other hand, I still had so many questions. How do I know our lives will work together after all this? How do I know if they’re actually ready for me to meet their families? How can I fill my entire bag with Italian red wine?

Before I arrived at our hotel in Tuscany, I spent the day in Florence enjoying the architecture, looking at statues, and eating gelato. It was nice to get some time to enjoy the city before my week of dates.  At the end of the week, I would be taking four women to hometowns — it was my biggest week yet.

My first date of the week was with Becca K. From the beginning, I was attracted to her beauty, humility, and kindness. I always knew she’d make a great wife and mother. We had such a strong start on our first date — my first date of this whole journey — but so much had happened since then. Finding a wife isn’t just about finding someone who would be a great on paper, it’s about love and chemistry. Going into the date, I knew that we needed this time to reconnect and see if we could rekindle our early passion.

The picturesque town of Barga was the perfect spot for our date. We had a great time walking the quiet streets, buying wine and cheese, and chatting with locals. Before long, I knew it was time to openly address my current fears about our relationship. Why hadn’t things felt as passionate and chemistry-filled as before? Becca opened up about having difficulty watching my relationships with other women progress and feeling really awkward on group dates. That evening, when Becca said that she was falling for me and that she could see a future with me, it felt amazing. My heart was full, and I was thrilled that the date totally restored my confidence in our potential. When we kissed that night during our romantic dinner, I finally felt the passion that had been missing the last few weeks.

I left my date with Becca feeling great. I went back to my room and opened a bottle of wine to unwind when I heard the knock. I was shocked to see Jacqueline when I opened the door. My breakup with Jacqueline was one of the most emotional moments in my time on The Bachelor. Getting broken up with always sucks, especially when it’s someone you’re as into as I was into Jacqueline. She’s so smart, interesting, and funny — and we’d just had so much fun in Paris. I knew that our lives were completely different and that an engagement may be difficult, but that didn’t mean I was ready to say goodbye. I was developing such strong feelings for her and thought that we really had a chance of making things work. I’ll never forget her nervous, shaky hands during our first kiss, or her thoughtful gestures during our little moments together on group dates. She’s truly a one-of-a-kind woman.

One thing you didn’t see was that after she left, I went and visited the other women in their suite. I wanted to express my sadness about Jacqueline’s departure and remind them how seriously I was taking this journey. I told them if they were ever having doubts in our relationship to let me know. To be honest, I didn’t sleep much that night. I reflected on my relationship with Jacqueline and wondered where things could’ve gone differently. I also now had new fears about the status of my other relationships. Would any of them also choose to leave?

I resolved to not let the Jacqueline breakup affect my date with Lauren the next day. From the moment I met her, I knew I wanted to get to know Lauren more. In life, sometimes you’re just pulled to certain people. The problem was, until our date in Paris, she was unable to open up. As attracted to her as I was, I needed more than just that gut feeling to be able to take her to a hometown.  My hope was that in Lucca, we’d be able to build upon our amazing connection and the depth we reached in Paris.

We had so much fun biking and walking around. The more I spent time with Lauren, the stronger I felt about her. At this point, though, I still had no idea how she felt about me.  Yes, we had an amazing day shopping (one of the highlights was trying on hats and aprons), playing soccer with local kids, and climbing the tower in the center of town, but I still had so many questions. Was she ready for a hometown? Was she falling for me too?

That night we had dinner at Villa Grabau, a beautiful historic estate outside of Lucca. I hadn’t been this nervous for a date in a long time. The stakes felt so high. Throughout the whole journey, I tried to think logically. I’d constantly ask myself: Do our lives fit together? Could she move to Scottsdale? Is she ready for marriage? With Lauren, it was never about those things. I couldn’t logically explain any of my feelings. I didn’t know why I felt so strongly, I just did. And I know excusing myself during dinner looks crazy. It felt crazy at the time, but when Lauren told me she was falling in love with me, I was overwhelmed. In that moment, I knew I felt the same way but needed to take a moment before I could properly express myself. I hadn’t felt like this about someone since Emily [Maynard]. This feeling was the reason I came back on the show. Even if I couldn’t quite explain why, I was falling in love with Lauren and needed to give her a rose. Now, with two of the four hometowns decided, I felt more hopeful than ever.

After two amazing dates, I knew I still had two really difficult decisions to make. Before I get into saying goodbye to Seinne, let me touch on how cool our final date was. Gulio the truffle hunter and his dogs Maga and Aida were incredible truffle guides. Spending that day with his family put a lot into perspective. They had so much love, warmth, and joy — something I wanted to build with one of these women. One of the highlights was watching the entire family sing and dance to Gulio’s theme song that they had written.

Saying goodbye to Seinne wasn’t easy. She’s breathtakingly beautiful, and so intelligent. Oftentimes, I joked that she was perhaps too good for me. But, that’s one of the crazy things about love. Just because someone is great, doesn’t mean they’re great for you. As much as I liked and respected Seinne, I knew my connection to her wasn’t as strong as my connection to Becca K. or Lauren. As much as I wanted that connection to grow stronger, it hadn’t. In situations like that, I had to listen to my heart. As much as it pained me, I knew that I needed to say goodbye.

The final date of the week was the three-on-one with Bekah M., Tia, and Kendall at the beautiful Villa Reale. We started the day by playing some bocce and touring the property. I wanted to try and have some fun and ease the tension, but we all knew how high the stakes were.

As always, my conversation with Kendall was fun and interesting. Other than worries about her readiness for marriage, our relationship was on such a good track. Our chemistry was off the charts, but I needed to make sure that our relationship wasn’t just about chemistry. In the past, I’ve had relationships based solely on our physical connection, and didn’t want to repeat my mistakes. After we both acknowledged our willingness to work through our logistical issues and that we felt our connection was deeper than just a physical one, I knew I wanted to give her a rose.

Watching everything back, I now understand the drama between Bekah and Tia. I respected Tia so much for coming to me with her issues and for being mature enough to tell Bekah that she had done so. That shows huge strength of character and a sincere desire to have my back. She felt that Bekah was there for the wrong reasons, and wanted to make sure I didn’t get hurt. I love that she was strong enough to confront Bekah face-to-face. I also understand why Bekah was so upset. It never feels good when someone isn’t seeing you for your true intentions.

That evening, when Tia reiterated her feelings of falling in love with me, I knew I wasn’t ready to say goodbye. We always had so much fun together and she was always the first person I wanted to talk to when I had a rough day. I could imagine our life together and felt like she was really ready to make a marriage work. I couldn’t wait to meet her family and see Weiner, Arkansas.  

I didn’t realize how hard it was going to be to say goodbye to Bekah. During our breakup, she was so gracious and mature that it reminded me of all her amazing qualities. Bekah always saw me for who I am and always called me out on my flaws. Even though she was young, our connection was real. Ultimately, I said goodbye not because we weren’t a good match, but because I didn’t think she was ready for marriage and because my relationships with other women felt stronger.

As I ended my time in Tuscany, I realized that the next week I’d be meeting these four women’s families. That meant I would potentially be meeting my future in-laws. I knew from being on The Bachelorette that families can be very skeptical of the whole falling-in-love-on-TV thing. It was going to be my job to convince them it was possible and show them how real my feelings were for their daughters.

Meeting the families was even more stressful and dramatic than I anticipated. You’ll see people question my past, my intentions and my character. I’m forced to confront rumors and try to win people over who don’t want me dating their daughter. Also, in all of this, I make one of the single hardest decisions of my entire life. I came into this experience to find the love of my life, and I was one step closer. And just when I thought I had seen it all, the rest of the journey gets even crazier. You won’t want to miss it. Thanks so much for reading — see you next week.

Best, Arie
Source
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:54 am

Ok, just catching up. What is going on in this season? It just seems all so strange and it's hard to read Arie and his decisions. As of the last episode, it looks as though Lauren B. is the F1. But shouldn't her edit be more, I don't know palatable to the audience? She comes off as standoffish, cold and barely has feelings. The only time she showed some semblance of care for Arie was when she said (unconvincingly) that she was falling in love and Arie got up to leave. When he left, that was the only time we got a glimpse that she might actually care. Either TPTB are doing a very good job of hiding their connection, but it seems onesided to me. We get all the time Arie saying he's falling deeply in love, he's unsure of where Lauren is at etc. but we don't get much reciprocation back from her.

He seems to have a great connection with Becca as well and to me, she would make more logical sense as they seem to have a more natural banter (somewhat) and it seems like a normal relationship. With Lauren she just seems unreachable. With seven weeks in, I am not getting enough of a love story to say that Arie would be on bended knee at the end of the show.

And what's up with Arie's blog? No mention of Arie's date with Becca and Lauren?
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi @aviej - good to see you chime in.

I think TP could be showing us justification for why he doesn't choose Lauren as F1. Which could leave the door open for Becca's rise. Becca would have a lot of catching up to do, imo. Arie seems really smitten with Lauren, atm. I think Lauren is in really deep otherwise why all of the expression about fear of losing him to someone else? TP are knocking us over the head with this.

I think I'm seeing a love story that is lopsided but more realistic with him and Lauren, one that seems more real-life paced on her end.

I think @veg_out considered this season a little like Des' because Arie seems just as much in deep with Lauren as Des was with Brooks. So maybe Becca is Arie's Chris S?  But then back to Arie and the whole "I just hope I don't regret it...."  and " I'm scared of choosing the wrong person" thing.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:34 pm

Maybe it's another Jason Mesnick situation then, where he chose the one he was infatuated with initially but switched to the one who would make more sense realistically? It's all very weird.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:33 pm

aviej wrote:Maybe it's another Jason Mesnick situation then, where he chose the one he was infatuated with initially but switched to the one who would make more sense realistically? It's all very weird.

@aviej, yay!, welcomeyall

It IS very weird. We're all united in the weirdness!

The show knows that the blogs will be dissected, so he and Chris avoid talking about the obvious elephant in the room this week. How do they explain, "I said I love you because the show was over for me then," and get us to watch?!

I ping-pong around on what I think is happening. As you mentioned in your first post, I am leaning on most days towards Arie walking away alone.

veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:34 pm

aviej wrote:Maybe it's another Jason Mesnick situation then, where he chose the one he was infatuated with initially but switched to the one who would make more sense realistically? It's all very weird.

I agree! It is strange and it's been feeling off. Arie has been one of the hardest to read most of the season...until his stunning affirmation to Lauren. Again, there is a contrast in what he wrote about Becca vs. what he wrote about Lauren in this most recent blog.

*snipped f/ Arie's blog*

*snipped*

-This "wife material" talk is often the kiss of death. Also, he fell head over little head over someone else, imo.

-Becca is great on paper in my book, but still not seeing "it" with Beccarie.
-Potential seems like a really lukewarm term, imo

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by rosepetals Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:22 am

So I've been mulling this over and maybe this head vs heart thing is going to play out like this: Lauren is the one he wants, but her ex-boyfriend comes back to plead getting back together again, which causes her to question everything - should she go for a sure thing with her ex or risk rejection from Arie. That might be the conflict.

Meanwhile, Arie is sitting on the sofa weighing his options - Becca is his "head" choice but Lauren is his "heart" choice. But her ex coming back on the scene is making him question her feelings for him. Will she go back to him? Should he go with his "head," ie, Becca, the safer choice?

Finally, Lauren tells her ex that she loves Arie, tells Arie that she's his, and they have their HEA!

rosepetals

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:47 pm

I find it hard to believe that Arie will stick long with  any woman. He seems more like a guy who prefers a harem. When Jacqueline eliminated herself and was crying- I heard him say to her something like-" you can come back to me".  I will be very surprised if he remains long term with anyone and be faithful to them.
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Blogs - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

+7
agentcurls
MVMom39forever
albean99
Sprite
Ladybug82
Luvstruck
GuardianAngel
11 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum