SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Winter Games - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 34 of 68 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51 ... 68  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Winter Games - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor Winter Games - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Yuki is endearing - you can't help but smile when she talks. But can't figure out if it is a game with her (pretending to know little English) or it is really her. I'd much rather watch her than watch Clare criticize a guy for not being a mind-reader.

According to this interesting blog post,

People affectionately call her "Yuki Poyo". "Poyo" (ぽよ) in Japanese is a bit of a cutesy onomatopoeia sort of analagous to "boop" in English; it's a term that can be used when touching something soft and squishy, for instance.

Yuki represents what the Japanese call "gyaru".  Gyarus are basically fashion-conscientious girls who try to maintain an almost childish and over-the-top image.

While her surname of Kimura is certainly Japanese, it's interesting to note that Yuki is only half-Japanese. According to my research ... her father is Japanese, but her mother is half Filipino and Spanish... she also apparently can speak Tagalog!

So ya, I think the cutesy broken English is a bit of an act, especially considering she is tri-lingual.  My kids go to a multicultural/multilingual school so I've had lots of conversations with people who speak very little English and they do not speak the way Yuki does.  

IMO she knows far more English than she's letting on but it doesn't bother me; she's fun to watch.  Ben aligning with her was IMO a producer decision to raise his popularity and I agree with others predicting he'll be the next US Bach.  Good luck with that. laugh out loud

Re: Clare and mind reading, if there's one thing I've learned from meeting German parents at school it's that they are SUPER organised and punctual.  You do not break an appointment with a German.  No wonder Christian had a fit about her not meeting him in the Jaccuzi! rotfl
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Winter Games - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor Winter Games - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:34 am

Katiebelle wrote:
Sprite wrote:I don't know @AllAboutLove. I could totally buy his explanation. I never really saw Fleur all that into him and Naz was just in it to win it and exposure.
IA

In a recent article in ET online he says

““I thought it was unfair taking a genuine person into a fake relationship for cameras -- that would’ve been traumatic for someone who’s in it for real,” he explains. “Then, there were the other two girls [Verhoeven and runner-up Nazanin Khanjani] who didn’t really give a sh**. I saw their hissy fits, heard through crew what they said behind the scenes and saw they didn’t believe in the process, so [decided] to have them as the final two and flipped a coin for the winner.”

Source http://www.etonline.com/bachelor-winter-games-jordan-mauger-on-death-threats-flipping-a-coin-for-his-final-rose-exclusive

Jordan is talking about himself as well in this imo. He didn't give a sh*t either and wasn't in it for the right reasons so he is not better than anyone he is talking about imo.  I just can't defend the guy and how he acted. It's not like he was some genuine guy looking for love at all. So at best, if he's saying anything true, he's as bad as them. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:57 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
Katiebelle wrote:
Sprite wrote:I don't know @AllAboutLove. I could totally buy his explanation. I never really saw Fleur all that into him and Naz was just in it to win it and exposure.
IA

In a recent article in ET online he says

““I thought it was unfair taking a genuine person into a fake relationship for cameras -- that would’ve been traumatic for someone who’s in it for real,” he explains. “Then, there were the other two girls [Verhoeven and runner-up Nazanin Khanjani] who didn’t really give a sh**. I saw their hissy fits, heard through crew what they said behind the scenes and saw they didn’t believe in the process, so [decided] to have them as the final two and flipped a coin for the winner.”

Source http://www.etonline.com/bachelor-winter-games-jordan-mauger-on-death-threats-flipping-a-coin-for-his-final-rose-exclusive

Jordan is talking about himself as well in this imo. He didn't give a sh*t either and wasn't in it for the right reasons so he is not better than anyone he is talking about imo.  I just can't defend the guy and how he acted. It's not like he was some genuine guy looking for love at all. So at best, if he's saying anything true, he's as bad as them. jmo

I don't think he is better than them, but I get that he didn't see anyone who he was really into and decided not to go with someone who might genuinely be into the process and thus possibly hurt if picked and instead decided that the two who he saw as being the most like himself....not really invested...would be the easiest to take to the end. I don't have a problem with that as it was clear...to me at least...that Naz was all about Naz and Fleur was trying to be the fan favourite. They came across very differently, but both seemed to be about promoting themselves. It most definitely was not my favourite season...because of the lead and the ladies.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:20 am

IA @Sprite with that for sure that Jordan is not better than them Bachelor Winter Games - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 34 4256136633  I just think Jordan thinks he is better and more genuine than them based on the things he's said. Yet the actual genuine girls (specifically Rebekah) said he wasn't genuine so he's just like them to me yet acting like he's not. I'd also love to hear why he had sex with Naz if he wasn't interested in her at all. He's never denied that so I guess him being like that is just who he is I guess  dizzy  Funny how the other two leads managed to not sleep with anyone and certainly not with someone they weren't into at all. Overall, that was one of the worst seasons I've watched and it wasn't just because of the contestants in F2, Jordan as a lead was terrible as well. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:28 am

He admitted to not being into anyone, admitted to flipping a coin to determine who to choose, rather than not choosing anyone, to me tells me he did what he was suppose to do and that was chose someone for the sake of the show.

That alone for me is truly the worst bachelor ever IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:34 am

GuardianAngel wrote:He admitted to not being into anyone, admitted to flipping a coin to determine who to choose, rather than not choosing anyone, to me tells me he did what he was suppose to do and that was chose someone for the sake of the show.

Good Post I agree
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:57 am

provenceguy wrote:RS says Claire & Benoit get engaged during the after show next week.

Wow. Good luck, Benoit! laugh out loud laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:50 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:He admitted to not being into anyone, admitted to flipping a coin to determine who to choose, rather than not choosing anyone, to me tells me he did what he was suppose to do and that was chose someone for the sake of the show.

I can't really fault anyone for choosing someone because that is what the show wants. Lots of leads have done that. Unfortunately for him, his audience was spoiled after Art and unlike the US show, they hadn't gotten jaded yet by lead choosing because they had to. As for sleeping with Naz...I don't know what possessed him...but again, he is hardly the first...well, maybe in NZ. Either way, he wasn't a good Bachelor...the worst for NZ...but he didn't really bother me all that much. I'm not minding him so far on the Winter Games and I like that he still seems to be friendly with Courtney and Lily after the show.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:24 pm

Jordan flipped a coin between two women he thought were as disinterested in him as he was in them. As for having sex with Naz. People have sex with people they don't want a relationship with all the time.  Physical attraction doesn't always lead to commitment.  Doing it on a show that is supposed to lead to commitment was stupid. But she didn't seem to really want more than sex out of it either. IMO.

**edited**

Jordan thought he was not really hurting either woman. The man who proposes then continues to be interested in someone else is hurting the woman he proposed to.

Then again, most claim JPG was a horrible bachelor and he was one of my favorites.  I like him, Charlie, and Brad 1.0.  

JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:03 pm

giggling  @stuckinsc While JPab wasn't one of my favourites, he did grow on me and I give him major props for being able to withstand the pressure to propose from producers...and particularly for sticking it to CH. Charlie is still one of my favourites...along with Brad...both of whom did the show and then went about their lives. I always respect that.

So far this season, I have enjoyed the cast...for the most part. Ben and Luke I can do without. They both look bored and seem to have their own agendas. I'm not a huge fan of Ashley, but if she can manage to keep down the annoying crying and ends in a relationship, well, good for her. Same deal with Clare. Never was that impressed by her and she has done nothing so far to change that opinion. If she and Benoit actually manage to have a relationship come out of this I will have to give them the same props I do to everyone who manages to make something worthwhile from this mess.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:26 pm

I read a summary of a podcast with Juliet Litman and Ben Higgins. The one bullet point in the summary that caught my eye was that he had hoped to be the host along side Chris Harrison because he has enjoyed the hosting he has done recently.

Someone is looking to break into showbiz...

The other thing was that he thought it was going to be more competition based and less relationship based.

Duh... this is bachelor series program.

Please get him off my screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:39 pm

havadrpepper wrote:I read a summary of a podcast with Juliet Litman and Ben Higgins.  The one bullet point in the summary that caught my eye was that he had hoped to be the host along side Chris Harrison because he has enjoyed the hosting he has done recently.  

Someone is looking to break into showbiz...

The other thing was that he thought it was going to be more competition based and less relationship based.

Duh... this is bachelor series program.

Please get him off my screen.

I don't care if he is looking to break into showbiz and this show is his ticket, what bugs me here is that he acts totally bored...and for all I know, he very well could be...but, if he is looking to get into the biz, at least fake it better! Emoting is one of the things a host/actor has to do. I also hate that he is using his relationship with Lauren and whining and crying about how hard it is when he has a girl on the side. STHU!!!

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 68 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51 ... 68  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Winter Games - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+46
mtnlvr55
sdmom
Brill
aviej
Diana