SELECT CONTENT

Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion

Page 38 of 81 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 59 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion

Post by notarose Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:20 am

@Tiger Tip score
Adding a fun fact: when Jared was initially sleuthed pre-Kaitlyn’s season, it was found out that he had acting cred -  a reoccurring role in a web series. I have no idea what he studied in college but the web series may be linked to his college days. Certainly verified that he has a longstanding interest in being on camera so a future Ash/Jared project does look like a transition both would consider.

yes  agree that this couple may be the one tptb feels will give them optimum return. They seem to be bridging the demographic gap by capturing the imagination of the younger viewers while still having the history to keep older viewers interested.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion

Post by suzq Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:29 am

Ashley said that Say Yes To The Dress had reached out to her a few days after their engagement. I definitely think that they would both welcome doing some things on camera -- and especially together.

They really enjoy each other's company which I think is kind of refreshing. Maybe it's because they have gotten to know each other so well off-camera. They really are close friends as well as being a romantic couple.
That is something that I would love to see more of on the show -- how the couples relate to each other going on "regular dates" and not having to compete for the lead's attention so much. I think it would be great to see them try casting less contestants each season and allowing those who do stay to be there longer (ie. less rose ceremonies). That would give the lead more time with each one to determine which contestant they are most compatible with. Yes, I know that a lot of casual viewers probably wouldn't like that because they don't really care if these people end up having a long-term relationship in the outside world or not, though.

I love the "romance" of the Bachelor franchise shows, but I have to imagine that for many contestants -- trying to navigate a relationship after the show when you are out of the "Bachelor Bubble" and have hardly spent any time together as a couple isn't easy at times.
I think it would be interesting to see how some of the couples would do after the show without the pressure of being engaged. I know that the leads say that they don't have to get engaged at the end of the show, but I am sure that the pressure to do so is very high from production.
I would love to see some of the couple's have spinoff shows (although I think doing that really affected Ben H. and Lauren B.'s relationship negatively). Maybe that isn't as good of an idea as I thought. It would be interesting to watch, though -- particularly a very popular couple where the public is supportive of them and their relationship.
I think that is one advantage that Ashley and Jared have over a lot of other couples in the franchise. They got to know each other off the show without the time pressure that most of the couples have to get engaged on the show. JMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:17 am

@Tiger Tip welcomeback and thank you for the info! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:43 am

I think ashley and Jared are pretty savvy to have co opted the harry met Sally themes.... Such an iconic rom com.

Would be interesting to see how a season with fewer contestants fares with viewers, since the stakes are so much higher when contestants spend more time with the lead. I guess that would eliminate the silliness of some of the early group dates, which might not be something tptb are willing to surrender? I definitely would prefer things without an engagement...there were so many f1s who IMO I think got the spot mainly because they were willing to propose, whilst there were other really good relationships left in the dust because of more hesitant (really more sane?) contestants....jmo
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger Tip Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:36 pm

suzq wrote:Ashley said that Say Yes To The Dress had reached out to her a few days after their engagement.

This is true.  But she also revealed in an interview (and I'm sorry that I now don't remember where/when) that there were logistics that needed to be worked out because of her contract - which I presume was with ABC.

That is something that I would love to see more of on the show -- how the couples relate to each other going on "regular dates" and not having to compete for the lead's attention so much.... I know that the leads say that they don't have to get engaged at the end of the show, but I am sure that the pressure to do so is very high from production.  

Keep in mind - a love story ending isn't what the producers are interested in - it's all about ratings.  That is what they need to make money.  What becomes utmost important at the end of every season is who and how they are going to edit someone they may be interested in taking the lead for the next season.  Did you ever consider just how much time is spent on men-tell-all and after-the-final-rose on petty comments and drama dribble and NOT on the final couple?  Fanning the flames of controversy or getting viewers to rally around certain men and women who viewers believes 'deserves a happy ending' is one of the major focuses particularly in the final episodes because they are then the next 'bread winners' for the network.  And as for getting engaged in the end... there's not a whole lot of pressure for that ever since Brad Womack 1 jilted both of his final two and they network saw that it wasn't detrimental to moving the show forward in ratings.

I would love to see some of the couple's have spinoff shows...

While in theory some would find it interesting - it is unlikely to pull ratings sufficient to support it because reality (the kind that we live in day by day} is not all that dramatic.  Seeing a couple go to dinner, or have a bbq with the neighbor, or binge watching a tv series just doesn't make for interesting TV.  But on this thought, what might be fun is for the show to interject brief up-dates on the existing couples throughout the season - fans would likely find that interesting.  

I think that is one advantage that Ashley and Jared have over a lot of other couples in the franchise.  They got to know each other off the show without the time pressure that most of the couples have to get engaged on the show.  JMO.  

I agree - but remember, the couples who are successful were people who at least knew enough about themselves to know the choices to make.  Not everyone goes on the show for love - it would be a very long post to list the reason of the demise of the many unsuccessful couples from the bachelor world - I will say that it is my opinion that few are the number of people who are 20-something years old who have had enough life experience and self-reflective understanding to make a life decision like engagement particularly within a highly fantasized, whirlwind romantic situations.  I know of only one person out of many that define my world, who could say that they are the same person today as they were when they were 20-something.  That decade of life (which is the age of most contestants) is one defined by self-discovery.

Tiger Tip

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger Tip Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Billysmom wrote:I think ashley and Jared are pretty savvy to have co opted the harry met Sally themes.... Such an iconic rom com.

Would be interesting to see how a season with fewer contestants fares with viewers, since the stakes are so much higher when contestants spend more time with the lead. I guess that would eliminate the silliness of some of the early group dates, which might not be something tptb are willing to surrender?  I definitely would prefer things without an engagement...there were so many f1s who IMO I think got the spot mainly because they were willing to propose, whilst there were other really good relationships left in the dust because of more hesitant (really more sane?) contestants....jmo

Fewer choices would have some risk. What if none in a bachelor's only 10 choices were women he could relate to or be interested in? I recall an interview with Ali Fedotowski who said that she knew her top two on the first night. What if she had fewer men too choose from and an Alberto-type or Frank-type were not within that smaller selection? Would they have a show to produce? At least with 25, there's a good chance a lead would find someone to find interest in... AND.... there would be enough personalities to connect and conflict to serve as a backdrop to the 'love story'.

Tiger Tip

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:00 am

I’m most intrigued by the PR role of the franchise. It is apparently now fully onboard promoting off camera love stories. I’ve noticed a pattern.
Ex 1: because Ash saw Jared on K’s season she honed in on him on BIP .....
Ex 2: CH recently touted Wells and Sarah as one of his fav couples.
https://www.eonline.com/news/955894/sarah-hyland-and-wells-adams-biggest-fan-may-just-be-chris-harrison
- because Sarah saw Wells on Jojo’s season....
Ex 3: Alexis W has thanked Kaitlyn (a few times while appearing as a recapper) adding because she dumped Nick he was her Bach and kept her so she was able to befriend Rachel who introduced her to her current love interest.
Ex 4: sometimes today Jason T will appear on iHeartRadio.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TanyaRad/status/1023951478916935680
We know he has been invited because Tanya saw him on Becca’s season...to be continued...(may be a red herring)

Who’s next?  :uptonogood

There seems to be an “x degrees of separation” trend being touted; the message being that appearing on the show incrementally leads, off camera as well as on (all inclusive), to the previously elusive “one”. The first 3 examples are of rather quirky IMO peeps. Mysterious ways giggling

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:37 am

@notarose

Add these to the list:

Deanna Pappas met her husband, Stephen Stagliano because his twin brother was a contestant in the franchise.
Juelia Kinney met her now fiance, Aaron Bass, at her good BN friend Carly's wedding to Evan... Aaron is Evan's brother.

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:33 am

That really is how love works, in the most classic sense: a few degrees of separation, friends or family connecting other friends or family through natural life events.

Love seeing it among these people we've seen on our TV.

I met my husband through my sister, btw. They were friends.

I wish Ashley and Jared happiness. Took them long enough!

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:07 pm

There is a streaming video on people.com (peopletv) from their People magazine engagement photo shoot. I don't know how to link to it -- otherwise, I would put a link for it here.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:48 pm

Ashley and Jared said in a very recent interview that they already have a wedding planner and are thinking the wedding will be next summer possibly July.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:11 am

PS. Their wedding/event planner is Troy Williams (a friend of theirs)-- the same planner who did Julianne Hough's wedding and has worked with Eva Longoria, Seth McFarlane, Fergie. Even if it isn't televised, it sounds like it will be beautiful.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 81 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 59 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion

+89
4merBachAddict
Buckeye_Fan
bluwavz
fyww
Amethyst