SELECT CONTENT

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Idlemess Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:01 pm

I'm not interested in Rob's sexual orientation. Its none of my business. I think that he's a well mannered gentleman who's into fashion and looking good. Good on him if it makes him happy because it's his choice.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:53 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
So now Rob is a liar because someone believes they have gaydar?

snipped

Rob has stated he is not gay. One should respect that and respect a person.

Who's accusing him of being a liar?  And where did he state that he's straight?  Nowhere in the article posted upthread that I can see.  What he actually said was:

'I've been called gay a few times in the past and I just think people are usually threatened.' ... 'If anything, I take it as a compliment - because it means I'm well dressed!'

Source

From that quote, one could argue that ROB is the one making assumptions and perpetuating stereotypes, by implying that all gay men are well dressed, and that people who think he could be non-heterosexual do so because they feel threatened.

Thinking somebody might be non-heterosexual isn't an insult, and being bisexual doesn't preclude people from being on the show.  Several past contestants have been bisexual, so IMO it's not inconceivable, nor offensive, to think others might be.

And if Rob himself says he's "not worried" that he comes across as not entirely straight, that suggests to me doesn't feel disrespected by people speculating, so... no idea
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Idlemess wrote:I'm not interested in Rob's sexual orientation. Its none of my business. I think that he's a well mannered gentleman who's into fashion and looking good. Good on him if it makes him happy because it's his choice.

Well said.

A reminder as part of our rules, below. This is the same as we would not be discussing the fact that I'm a white straight Canadian born female born to Italian immigrants. There's no need to speculate one's gender or background as if there's something wrong with it.

Ethnicity - Sexual Orientation - For sleuthing purposes, as it is with all sleuthing, facts must be proven when stating someone's ethnicity. If it is being speculated, then IMO must be utilized, or it should be worded that it's the posters opinion the contestant appears to be of a certain ethnic background. We are acceptable of all genders. It is not acceptable to speculate what one's gender is especially in a derogatory manner. Avoid making assumptions of one's gender because it doesn't matter, we treat everyone respectfully. Our forum is a proponent of equality and inclusion.

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2409-rules-guidelines#602920

Back to sleuthing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:20 am

Thank you @GuardianAngel  yes

To add: there's no need to continue questioning a contestant's sexuality. Other contestants have stated they are bisexual or sleuthed to be dating someone of the same sex. Rob has done neither - he has not stated he is bisexual or gay nor has he been sleuthed to be dating someone of the same sex. As such there's no need to be questioning his sexuality. That's not what the forum is for.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:24 am

Rob's ex posted on her IG stories and tagged Rob  Suspect They still follow each other on IG too. Considering how much he talked about her in media, not sure that it is completely over with them but hope so for his sake. I think he can do much better  Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 4256136633

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 44802393_10215474166921211_800468856140201984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fcmh1-1 
Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 44490350_10215474166801208_2488679530781212672_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fcmh1-1
IG stories carlybowyer
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Popcorn For All Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:49 am

@AllAboutLove

Hey, I am new here. One of the reasons why I have joined this forum is because I have been following the discussion and at some point I decided not to remain passive and come here and share my point of view too. I feel very strongly about this issue for I know many men who do not fit the stereotypical 'masculine' demeanour/image yet they are heterosexual and even my gay friends mention that there is no real link between sexuality and lifestyle choices. Sadly, society seems to encourage outdated notions of Hegemonic Masculinity and we need to see beyond that. Because of this, I wanted to tell All About Love that I admire your stand on this matter. Looking at social media I feel that a significant portion of viewers seem unable to question stereotypes, and just repeat things without actually considering different possibilities; therefore, those viewers make assertions that have been continually refuted and proven incorrect by those undertaken studies on gender, sex, and sexuality. I would like to applaud your stance in this matter, All About Love and Guardian Angel. @allaboutlove @guardianangel That is all I wanted to say, thank you! Smiley clapping! thumbsup clapping!

The more  the merrier , I have popcorn for all! Smiley
Popcorn For All
Popcorn For All

Female Posts : 288

Back to top Go down

Post by Popcorn For All Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:53 pm

Should this be here or on social media @allaboutlove ?

https://punkee.com.au/bachelorette-robert-exit-interview/60064

BTW, in this interview, I think Robert is making an allusion about BIP, so I think we will see him there. I also think Robert is giving away the top 4.

The more  the merrier , I have popcorn for all! Smiley
Popcorn For All
Popcorn For All

Female Posts : 288

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:05 am

@Popcorn For All here is fine. You can copy it to the SM/Media thread to for discussion about the other contestants (those in top 4) yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rob Colangelo - Sweater Guy - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+5
Enough
AllAboutLove
Bobette
Norcalgal
GuardianAngel