SELECT CONTENT

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Page 3 of 52 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

perfect -  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:39 am

Alanna wrote:The irony of these two being the only couple to marry in the last 3-5 years is just too sweet imo. Bach Nation is beautiful.

Well they're not married yet and I wouldn't bet $5 they ever will be. He raised her stock by making her the one he had to have and dumped Becca for. Then they toured the world and bought a house but, when it's time to seal the deal? I think Lauren is going to decide at the last minute that she really doesn't want to be settled in and married to Daddy. Only time will tell. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

perfect -  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by limoncello Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 am

This may not be appropriate for the thread but the general use "Daddy" as a sexual reference always leaves me so speechless. I just find it so disgusting and can't wrap my head around it. Of all the cultures and languages I know, it seems like only those where English is the native language seem to use this term. I am very curious about the evolution of the term that led to this point... so many people use it :crazed
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:52 am

I find daddy as a sexual/sexy term disgusting and bizarre too. Like it makes no sense to me but I guess I’m not the one sleeping with him or starring on his spreadsheet so who cares what I think.

As for them getting married, I think it’ll happen. At least he’s proposed and she’s accepted and they have nailed down a real date (AD, common calendar style) and a location on planet earth so they’re further ahead than all our other faux-gaged couples. Imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:04 pm

Alanna wrote:I find daddy as a sexual/sexy term disgusting and bizarre too. Like it makes no sense to me but I guess I’m not the one sleeping with him or starring on his spreadsheet so who cares what I think.

As for them getting married, I think it’ll happen. At least he’s proposed and she’s accepted and they have nailed down a real date (AD, common calendar style) and a location on planet earth so they’re further ahead than all our other faux-gaged couples. Imo.

I don't disagree with the characterization of the term Daddy as a sexual reference as disgusting however, it is extremely popular and normal in current X-Gen culture. We don't have to like it but, we are making far too much of it, IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:06 pm

I’m a Millennial just like Libster too and still find it gross. However, I’m from a millennial grouping that doesn’t think 30 year old is the new elementary school age so perhaps I’m out of bounds here.

Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Alanna wrote:I’m a Millennial just like Libster too and still find it gross. However, I’m from a millennial grouping that doesn’t think 30 year old is the new elementary school age so perhaps I’m out of bounds here.

You lost me. What does that even mean - 30 year old is the new elementary school age?

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:11 pm

You know how the catch phrases are all “30 is the new 20!!” Meaning that people are staying younger longer. I was exaggerating/being sarcastic that many 20-somethings and even 30-somethings are permanently in arrested development as kid-ults. Imo.

~ Sex and the City

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:14 pm

Also a millennial here. Calling the person you have sex with daddy is gross.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:16 pm

Alanna wrote:You know how the catch phrases are all “30 is the new 20!!” Meaning that people are staying younger longer. I was exaggerating/being sarcastic that many 20-somethings and even 30-somethings are permanently in arrested development as kid-ults. Imo.

ohhhhhh Embarressed! Thanks!! perfect -  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 3 3806527698

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:26 pm

Millennial here who also finds the whole Daddy thing super weird and Electra complex-y! I am only a few short years from 30 and don't have my ish together at all though, so I might be adopting the "30 y/o is basically a fetus!" mentality that seems pervasive in this franchise. 

In terms of Arie/Lauren (probably) being the sixth Bachelor/ette couple, it's kind of crazy, but it kind of make sense. I think they're really good friends (which is always the most important quality for longevity and is almost always missing with Bachelor couples), they're living a relatively limelight-free life, which you can't say for the other couples (and maybe that's by circumstance, but they're doing it), and they both really, really, really want to get married and have babies (not sure if Arie wants a monogamous relationship, but I do think he wants a wife and kids). That's probably the most similar circumstances to the other five married couples that we've had. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:35 pm

Just realizing that my marriage is older than many of you members! LOL With that experience I truly think they are rushing things given their differences. What they have in common is that they both want marriage and children, both want to follow Arie around for his career, and both like to life off Arie's daddy's money, IMO. I would think that Lauren's mom would talk with her more about the hard years of marriage when it's not all love and romance and try to slow the roll a bit. The Daddy comment is just beyond disgusting and does point to the sugar daddy/gold digger roles these two seem to fulfill for each other.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:02 pm

Minney wrote:Just realizing that my marriage is older than many of you members!  LOL  With that experience I truly think they are rushing things given their differences.  What they have in common is that they both want marriage and children, both want to follow Arie around for his career, and both like to life off Arie's daddy's money, IMO.  I would think that Lauren's mom would talk with her more about the hard years of marriage when it's not all love and romance and try to slow the roll a bit.  The Daddy comment is just beyond disgusting and does point to the sugar daddy/gold digger roles these two seem to fulfill for each other.

They are not living off daddy’s money Arie has made enough doing real estate and his racing career. I think these two have a lot in common . I do not see how they are rushing to the alter they would be engaged a year when the wedding happens. They spend almost all their time together so, I think they probably know each other pretty well. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 52 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

+60
leavers
lightredemption
Billysmom
pavalygurl
SeekAny