SELECT CONTENT

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Page 4 of 52 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

perfect -  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 4 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by sosleepy Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:29 pm

Minney wrote:Just realizing that my marriage is older than many of you members!  LOL  With that experience I truly think they are rushing things given their differences.  What they have in common is that they both want marriage and children, both want to follow Arie around for his career, and both like to life off Arie's daddy's money, IMO.  I would think that Lauren's mom would talk with her more about the hard years of marriage when it's not all love and romance and try to slow the roll a bit.  The Daddy comment is just beyond disgusting and does point to the sugar daddy/gold digger roles these two seem to fulfill for each other.

Haha I doubt it!! I’m on the 30 side of millennial. Millennials span all the way to people in their mid 30s now, believe it or not. Kids in high school now are actually the generation below millennials
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

perfect -  Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 4 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by richmondrose Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:40 pm

Not to defend them, because I really don't care for them, but I think she calls him "daddy" because of their two dog kiddies. But then again, I could be wrong …
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:16 pm

richmondrose wrote:Not to defend them, because I really don't care for them, but I think she calls him "daddy" because of their two dog kiddies. But then again, I could  be wrong …

Daddy/Zaddy is a common term of endearment for a boyfriend/sexual partner. There is nothing unusual or outside the norm about it. No one has to like it but it’s true. There are random memes indicating how common it is. Just google “daddy boyfriend”. I know it’s common among millennials but, women have called their men Daddy, Papa, etc. since I was a girl and that was a while ago. rotfl

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:18 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Alanna wrote:The irony of these two being the only couple to marry in the last 3-5 years is just too sweet imo. Bach Nation is beautiful.

Well they're not married yet and I wouldn't bet $5 they ever will be. He raised her stock by making her the one he had to have and dumped Becca for. Then they toured the world and bought a house but, when it's time to seal the deal? I think Lauren is going to decide at the last minute that she really doesn't want to be settled in and married to Daddy. Only time will tell. JMO

I will see your $5 laugh out loud and I truly think they will get married in January and will beat the others to the altar. Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:14 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:
Alanna wrote:The irony of these two being the only couple to marry in the last 3-5 years is just too sweet imo. Bach Nation is beautiful.

Well they're not married yet and I wouldn't bet $5 they ever will be. He raised her stock by making her the one he had to have and dumped Becca for. Then they toured the world and bought a house but, when it's time to seal the deal? I think Lauren is going to decide at the last minute that she really doesn't want to be settled in and married to Daddy. Only time will tell. JMO

I will see your $5 laugh out loud  and I truly think they will get married in January and will beat the others to the altar. Jmo.

You’re on! I’ll believe it when I see it. I think he’s all in and she’s doing an extended victory tour which will end when the reality of having a husband close to forty sinks in. She’s a baby and a babe. There are bigger fish. He’s only slightly upper middle class. A respectable gold digger with national exposure can do better. Arie won’t be her first broken engagement. Stay tuned.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:16 pm

Arie's not her first fiancé. How many has she already had? Was it 1 or 2? Girls wants to get married and I do believe they will even if I don't believe they should and I definitely don't believe it will last. IMO.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 pm

Agree @Minney. Marriage yes , lasting no. We also know what a chameleon Arie is. As long as he pays her bills, I think she’ll hang on no matter what. The golddigger finds her sugar daddy . #perfect imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:05 pm

I don't really see what makes her a gold digger, TBH. I think she's clearly a wealthy girl and is accustomed to a certain lifestyle and was always going to end up with someone in the same tax bracket as her family. I think you can say that about practically every girl in this franchise though. 

And, I think if they make it down the aisle, they'll make it. I think that Lauren wants to be married and she'll tough it out if the guy does cheat on her, just like her mom did. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:21 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:

I will see your $5 laugh out loud  and I truly think they will get married in January and will beat the others to the altar. Jmo.

You’re on! I’ll believe it when I see it. I think he’s all in and she’s doing an extended victory tour which will end when the reality of having a husband close to forty sinks in. She’s a baby and a babe. There are bigger fish. He’s only slightly upper middle class. A respectable gold digger with national exposure can do better. Arie won’t be her first broken engagement. Stay tuned.

Nah.  I believe she is all in and he is too.  Some of the Bach couples put on a performance post-show, but I think these two are really going to get married.  Stay tuned...for Janularie! laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:51 pm

I'm not holding my breath for either them getting married or lasting if they do. I do feel like they're determined to show the naysayers so may pull off the wedding but not sure if there's long-lasting love to go with that. I guess we'll see.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:53 am

albean99 wrote:I'm not holding my breath for either them getting married or lasting if they do. I do feel like they're determined to show the naysayers so may pull off the wedding but not sure if there's long-lasting love to go with that. I guess we'll see.

My thoughts exactly, @Albean99.. No way is Libby gonna let him off the hook this time. laugh out loud IMHO
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:36 pm

All I know about these two post-show is based on info from this thread so I’m not well informed regarding their SM etc.
I do, however, think they have a few traits in common that bode well for the future. IMO if the ways a couple are alike strengthens and the ways they are different balance then the match is solid.
Common: somewhat traditional partnership goals where the woman wants her man to be more old school (ex: she likes to be reassured and he feels needed as a reassurer) ; each went after what they wanted and had the ability to shut out external noise to achieve that as a team; the ability to close the door on either of their individual histories or what transpired on the show.
I think a lot of alumni get tripped up because the show lives large for a long time in their minds. With Arie and Lauren I get the sense they stepped out of the bubble and choose to capitalize on only monetary opportunities  much like actors who filmed a movie then leave those roles and that storyboard behind to focus on the next opportunity.

I’m also not surprised they are marrying this quickly. He’s known his share of women so Lauren must be unique to him making him uninterested in further pursuits but is interested in parenting soon within a marriage. No reason to wait.

I’m not keen on either of them but do feel they are a match.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 52 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

+60
leavers
lightredemption
Billysmom
pavalygurl
SeekAny