SELECT CONTENT

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Page 36 of 52 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 44 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:35 am

@Jolena I felt exactly the same. The bodice of the dress was awful. IMO I could not understand the point of that shear material at her cleavage. IMO those netted bags of clementines sold at the grocery have more coverage.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

Post by Larie Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:45 am

Kashathediva wrote:@Jolena I felt exactly the same. The bodice of the dress was awful.  IMO I could not understand the point of that shear material at her cleavageT. IMO those netted bags of clementines sold at the grocery have more coverage.
Love that dress a lot. Those in the industry have raved about the dress, and one designer has now reproduced the dress, just saw it this evening

Larie

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:46 am

notarose wrote:
limoncello wrote:I'm not a fan of either of them, however, I am a fan of love and I think these two seem to be made for each other with all their beauty and flaws. Plus I am a sucker for babies. I'm glad there's another couple going against the odds of the show.   Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 36 1f340

I really like the flow of the bottom half of her dress ... very delicate. I also like the strands of pearls as a way of attaching her veil. 
Did they have attendants?

I thought the bottom half was lovely too but the top half was not flattering.  Modesty mesh never is a good look and does not photograph well.  Even the top designers find it tricky to work with and it needs to be incredibly sheer to pull it off and in a more discreet location on the dress.  No need for deep plunging wedding gowns IMO.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:45 pm

Minney wrote:
notarose wrote:
limoncello wrote:I'm not a fan of either of them, however, I am a fan of love and I think these two seem to be made for each other with all their beauty and flaws. Plus I am a sucker for babies. I'm glad there's another couple going against the odds of the show.   Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 36 1f340

I really like the flow of the bottom half of her dress ... very delicate. I also like the strands of pearls as a way of attaching her veil. 
Did they have attendants?

I thought the bottom half was lovely too but the top half was not flattering.  Modesty mesh never is a good look and does not photograph well.  Even the top designers find it tricky to work with and it needs to be incredibly sheer to pull it off and in a more discreet location on the dress.  No need for deep plunging wedding gowns IMO.

What is the point of a plunging neckline if you are going to try to cover it up with mesh? Either go for it or choose something not quite so revealing.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:47 pm

Larie wrote:Love that dress a lot. Those in the industry have raved about the dress, and one designer has now reproduced the dress, just saw it this evening
Lauren was stunning IMO, just as I expected. Plunging necklines, side panels and backs have become increasingly popular over the last several years.  It's prevalent in designs of wedding gowns, prom dresses, pageant gowns, etc. 

The "modesty panel" is generally used to add additional stability to the neckline, side panel or back - not to cover up the area or make it less revealing. It's a wise choice to eliminate wardrobe malfunctions or "nip slips". Smiley

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:13 pm

I guess I am a bit old fashioned, because I’m definitely not a prude. My point was, I believe a plunging, plunging neckline on any wedding gown is, sorry/ not sorry, trashy. Why have a bodice at all? IMO, it’s a wedding gown and not lingerie.
I don’t care what’s in style. Once upon a time so were harem pants and zoot suits.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:25 pm

Kashathediva wrote: I guess I am a bit old fashioned, because I’m definitely not a prude.  My point was, I believe a plunging, plunging neckline on any wedding gown is, sorry/ not sorry, trashy.  Why have a bodice at all? IMO, it’s a wedding gown and not lingerie.
I don’t care what’s in style. Once upon a time so were harem pants and zoot suits.

giggling Hey, I liked the harem pants. They were comfy and I looked pretty good in them.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:29 pm

@Sprite laugh out loud. So go for it.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:36 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@Sprite laugh out loud. So go for it.

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5 - Page 36 3806527698 I have always known what is in style, but just because it is, doesn't mean I have to wear it. Sometimes it is because that particular style/colour just doesn't look good on me, but sometimes it is because I think it is too trashy. While I don't mind a bit of decolletage, that was just a bit too much for me. Not to mention, I'm a lot better endowed than Lauren so I would be spilling all out...even with the mesh.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:08 am

@Sprite agreed. I tend to be a bit bohemian flower child, but I can definitely be unpredictable and then again just go Ivy League. Or comfort slouch.
I always go with less is more no matter what, however. You sell the clothes, IMO, the clothes don’t sell you.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:51 am

FLChica wrote:
Larie wrote:Love that dress a lot. Those in the industry have raved about the dress, and one designer has now reproduced the dress, just saw it this evening
Lauren was stunning IMO, just as I expected. Plunging necklines, side panels and backs have become increasingly popular over the last several years.  It's prevalent in designs of wedding gowns, prom dresses, pageant gowns, etc. 

The "modesty panel" is generally used to add additional stability to the neckline, side panel or back - not to cover up the area or make it less revealing. It's a wise choice to eliminate wardrobe malfunctions or "nip slips". Smiley

Yep understand what it's for but if a design is done well (sheer side panels ok) it's not needed because it never looks good particularly in the front and if it is added or needed (and I'm guessing Lauren had it added possibly because her waist needed to be looser due to bump) it needs to be super sheer and delicate mesh. This was not super sheer or delicate and distracts from the over all front of the dress design. IMO. The bottom and back of the dress were beautiful!
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Larie Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

So far, online review of the dress has been positive, have not yet come across a single negative comment about the dress.  The dress has received high marks. The pics are stunning. the one Lauren just posted is so beautiful and romantic with that old world charm

Larie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 52 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 44 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Jr & Lauren Luyendyk - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #5

+60
leavers
lightredemption
Billysmom
pavalygurl
SeekAny