SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Media - SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 14 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Media - SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Media - SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Aria Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:37 pm

Caila was all set to the be the Bachelorette and she was 23 during Ben's season taping (she turned 24 shortly after in December of that year). If she hadn't been so unpopular, she would have gotten it. And, not to be cynical, I think a 23-24 y/o getting it is much more likely than a divorced WOC getting it. I think it's going to be Caelynn too, just because she looks older than she is, she's beautiful, she's very articulate and poised, and she had a tragic story that is very "topical" and is going to make her stand out.

IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Media - SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Media - SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by cookielover12 Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:22 am

Aria wrote:Caila was all set to the be the Bachelorette and she was 23 during Ben's season taping (she turned 24 shortly after in December of that year). If she hadn't been so unpopular, she would have gotten it. And, not to be cynical, I think a 23-24 y/o getting it is much more likely than a divorced WOC getting it. I think it's going to be Caelynn too, just because she looks older than she is, she's beautiful, she's very articulate and poised, and she had a tragic story that is very "topical" and is going to make her stand out.

IMO.

What is Caelynn's tragic story?
cookielover12
cookielover12

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:27 am

@cookielover12 She and her friends were drugged and r*ped by two men at a fraternity during her sophomore year at college.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by barbell Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:38 am

Many of the early complaints about Colton (mine included) were that he was a young 26, so perhaps one of the 23 year olds is a better match for him than a previously married 28 year old. I think I would go with either Cassie or Heather G as the final one, but I need to see more than what we’ve gotten thus far. TPTB seem to have the great fortune of having at least two girls out of the final four with great back story potential. Hopefully one or the other keeps Tia off my tv screen.
barbell
barbell

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:38 pm

bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:35 pm

bluwavz wrote:

tweet on Vulcan's twitter:

Vulcan is the world’s largest cast iron statue; made of 100,000 pounds of iron and 56 feet tall, he stands at the top of Red Mountain overlooking the city of Birmingham. But Vulcan is more than just a statue—Vulcan Park and Museum features spectacular views of Birmingham, an interactive history museum that examines Vulcan and Birmingham’s story, a premier venue for private events, and a beautiful public park for visitors and locals to enjoy. With an official information center operated by the Greater Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau, Vulcan Park and Museum serves as the first stop for visitors to the Birmingham area!
source

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by flojo031 Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 pm

Aria wrote:Caila was all set to the be the Bachelorette and she was 23 during Ben's season taping (she turned 24 shortly after in December of that year). If she hadn't been so unpopular, she would have gotten it. And, not to be cynical, I think a 23-24 y/o getting it is much more likely than a divorced WOC getting it. I think it's going to be Caelynn too, just because she looks older than she is, she's beautiful, she's very articulate and poised, and she had a tragic story that is very "topical" and is going to make her stand out.

IMO.

I get what you're saying, and you bring up some valid points. But I just wanted to throw in my two cents. Sure Caelynn is gorgeous and has a compelling backstory, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's going to get it. It's still really early, and we don't even know how the casual fans/general audience is going to react to her. You said that she's poised, articulate, etc. but what if she gets a similar edit to Britt or Caila? It's possible that the whole pageant background thing could end up working against her instead of for her. She could end up coming across as too nice and too perfect and look disingenuous.

As for Tayshia, I think that she has just as good of a chance (if not better) of being chosen for Bachelorette. Especially if she places at F3. I mean, look at it from a logical standpoint: if she made it this far, then clearly TPTB must have something planned for her. Because otherwise why bother bringing her to F4? Because we all know how rare it is for a WOC (black in particular) to make it all the way to the end. The last (and only) time this happened, Rachel became the first black lead (male or female). So anything is possible.

And considering all those reports we've been hearing about the sparks/chemistry that she had with Colton, I just can't see him bringing her this far just to send her home right after. So don't count her out just yet! Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Media - SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 14 4256136633 Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Media - SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 14 2498057887

Last edited by flojo031 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:11 am; edited 2 times in total

flojo031

Female Posts : 429

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:01 pm

I think she made final four because Colton likes her! Like I said earlier, I think she'll make final two, just based on her getting a week 7 date. I just don't think the show has any plans for her, just like i don't think they had plans for Seinne or Wills or Eric or Marshana, who all made top 6. I think they just went far because the leads liked them.

I definitely don't think Caelynn's a definite and I could see people finding her too "fake". I just think she has the best shot, on paper, but I could also see Cassie or possibly someone in F6 or even Tia getting it. I think Hannah just looks too young and (again, I'm being cynical) I don't think they're setting it up to give to a divorced WOC. I'm a WOC myself, so I'm definitely all for more diversity and representation and would love to be wrong, but just knowing the things Fleiss has said and how this show handles race, I would be really surprised. 

IMO!

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by flojo031 Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Yeah, I'm torn between being skeptical/jaded and cautiously optimistic myself. Tayshia might get an awesome edit and tons of screen time. But I guess we'll just have to see what happens (and hope for the best)! BTW, I'm a WOC as well, and just really want to see another black lead.

flojo031

Female Posts : 429

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:29 pm

I totally get it - I'm psyched that a WOC made it to final four and is possibly a real contender, because it just makes the show so much more interesting! 

And I like that you're cautiously optimistic! I wish I wasn't so jaded about this show.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kure24 Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Do we know how long the lead/production stays at a contestants hometown to film...

Kure24

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

@kure24 I think it’s one day.  In between each hometown date is a travel day.

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Media - SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+75
Diana
eirekay
Goldie2
iamreal2u
Billysmom