SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by LeapofFaith Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:38 am

Lol here’s that exit interview from I’m a celebrity... I can’t believe her favourite bachelor was Nick!! laugh out loud

https://10daily.com.au/amp/entertainment/tv/a190212jag/im-a-celebrity-2019-angie-kent-is-out-of-the-jungle-and-ready-to-be-the-bachelorette-20190212?__twitter_impression=true
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:05 am

I think TPTB know exactly what they're doing announcing her now - she'd have a following among Gogglebox viewers IMO so they might get a few more applicants.  

If she likes Nick that at least suggests she's looking for someone funny - might make for good viewing from that perspective (always the optimist here laugh out loud)

Also she's small and cute and seems... "approachable" IYKWIM. Totally different vibe to Sophie who overshadowed and intimidated the men on her season IMO.

Sophie was the playboy pin up fantasy girl - Angie is the classic Girl Next Door.  I can see men applying who wouldn't usually consider it which is a plus IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 am

I had never heard of Angie before she was talked about on here but I'm excited to see what she brings to the show.

When does filming normally start for Bachette AU?

Louise

Female Posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:29 am

Louise wrote:I had never heard of Angie before she was talked about on here but I'm excited to see what she brings to the show.

When does filming normally start for Bachette AU?

Normally not till after Bach has wrapped (late June?) but I just found this interesting quote from TPTB.  I'm wondering if they're starting early to make sure Osher's home and not off not working when his baby arrives.  Anyone know when she's due?

A local publication today said that the 29-year-old has not only been chosen to be the nest suitress, but will start filming "in just weeks".

Source

ETA:  Answering my own question, baby Georgia is due "late August".  Last year Ali wasn't back on SM till 8th September (filming schedule here) so that explains it IMO - they've brought the whole filming schedule forward for Osh. Nice! yes

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:49 am

Who is Angie Kent?

* Debuted on Gogglebox in 2015 alongside best friend Yvie Jones

* Entered the I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! jungle in early 2019

* Has been candid about her battle with anxiety in her early twenties

* During her time in the I'm A Celebrity jungle, Angie spoke about her struggle with bulimia that saw her almost hospitalised

* Also during I'm A Celebrity, Angie revealed she was left devastated when she found her grandmother dead

* Angie has been single for eight years and is on the hunt for a down-to-earth guy

* The blonde revealed her ideal man to be someone with a 'solid personality and a sensational smile'

* Angie has always wanted children but is not keen on marriage

* She has admitted to dabbling with Botox and skin treatments, but would not go under the knife for a breast augmentation

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:40 am

Good thinking @Bobette with regards to Oshers paternity leave. So maybe as soon as the girls move out of the mansion, like when they leave for hometowns they will move the boys in and start filming? Nicks hometowns were filmed mid May, although Matt’s filming schedule is probably about 2 weeks ahead, which would make the start of Angie’s season late April? I would presume that a lot of the key staff would work on both shows, so it would be a bit tricky to film them concurrently? Osh really only needs to be away for a couple of days to film FRC, I would put money on it being in Australia again to make it easier for him to be away from his family for a shorter time.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:10 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Good thinking @Bobette with regards to Oshers paternity leave. So maybe as soon as the girls move out of the mansion, like when they leave for hometowns they will move the boys in and start filming? Nicks hometowns were filmed mid May, although Matt’s filming schedule is probably about 2 weeks ahead, which would make the start of Angie’s season late April? I would presume that a lot of the key staff would work on both shows, so it would be a bit tricky to film them concurrently? Osh really only needs to be away for a couple of days to film FRC, I would put money on it being in Australia again to make it easier for him to be away from his family for a shorter time.

Yes that's what I'm thinking too.  Realistically Osher doesn't have to appear on camera much except at GDs & RCs so I can see him flitting between the two shows relatively easily.  

They probably wouldn't need to do much at the mansion - maybe a week or two to wash the sheets, restock the minibar, string up some fresh fairy lights and they'd be good to go IMO.

As you say, it will put a bit more pressure on the producers, camera crew, handlers etc, but I think they'd make it happen for Osh because let's face it everyone loves him laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:13 pm

Obviously I know nothing about her other than what has been posted here, but I enjoyed her clips and the fact that she is into animal rescue and lives/supports someone with Down's Syndrome. I think she could be a younger, blonder version of my sassy self!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:52 pm

Kate Halfpenny could be my new favourite journalist, not just because I agree with everything she says below but also for her appropriate use of the phrases "titular" and "hoary old chestnuts".   cantstopl

Naming Angie Kent star of The Bachelorette is a genius move by Ten

OPINION
Kate Halfpenny

Network Ten, I heart you.

Naming former Gogglebox scene stealer Angie Kent as the titular star of 2019’s series of The Bachelorette is a genius media move after last year’s total fizzer with Ali Oetjen at the helm.

The announcement makes Angie a serial reality TV star – in January she hit the jungle in I‘m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here – but like housemate Yvie Jones (who was runner up on I’m A Celebrity) she’s definitely not one who has already worn out her welcome.

The 29-year-old bagel and dog enthusiast is a gem onscreen. She’s innately cool and genuinely funny – eight seasons of Gogglebox Australia proved her sense of humour is charmingly filthy – in an industry which prides itself on uncovering new talent but often ends up with hoary old chestnuts.

Queenslander Angie is the rare talent who brings authenticity to the fake world of reality TV and will give The Bachelorette the warmth it lacked in 2018.

Oetjen almost steered the franchise onto the rocks with her carefully-designed ‘natural’ persona and stream of New Age platitudes that grated with viewers and critics.

Her successor is the polar opposite. Where Oetjen was Barbie –  a plastic version of a desirable modern woman – Angie is more in the mould of Sophie Monk, whose turn at the helm of The Bachelorette in 2017 broke ratings records.

The pair share the same natural sense of self, but where Monk relied on self-deprecation, Angie brings a caustic brainy vibe.

In an interesting twist, Ten also went with a ‘geek’ to hand out the roses on this year’s The Bachelor, plucking astrophysicist Matt Agnew from total obscurity to try his hand and heart at reality stardom.

“I’ve always been the girl who loves to make everyone laugh, but now I reckon it’s time to have someone to laugh with me, rather than at me,” Angie said in an Instagram post.

“I’m at a place now where I have loads of self-love, but I’m also open to all of life’s amazing possibilities.”

Maybe not all. Angie’s search for love reportedly doesn’t extend to a desire to get married, which will make for interesting mansion small talk when her romantic hopefuls ask if they can grab her for a chat at cocktail parties.

Does that mean she’s not there for the fabled “right reasons”?

Does it matter? Her personal dreams are almost beside the point, oddly, and her main role will be to fulfil the desires of what the show’s audience (and producers) want in their leading lady.

On the wish list for Ten and fans: someone who will be interesting, relatable and not an idiot constantly posting a stream of photos of herself doing yoga. Tick to all.

With over 66,000 social media followers, Angie had enough of a fan base to finish in the top five on I’m A Celebrity and said in an exit interview why she wouldn’t mind having a crack at looking for love on TV.

“I always said, ‘God no!’ But you know what, I think after having more time on television now and being on the other side of the couch … I reckon I could be an alright bachelorette,” she told Yahoo.

“I’m definitely open to finding somebody. Home girl’s not getting any younger, so for sure.”

BFF Yvie mooted the idea of Angie having her as a “wingwoman” on the romality show.

“Angie would be the best bachelorette because she really doesn’t do intimacy well, and I think a man would lean in to have a little (kiss), and she’d just go, ‘pull my finger’,” Yvie told Studio 10.

“It would be the most brilliant bachelorette you’ve ever seen, with me making all the decisions.”

The trouble for Ten will be finding 20 potential partners capable of matching it with Angie’s razor edge wit and verve. The series is casting now, and the new star has asked interested parties to “give it a red hot go.”

Can married suburban matrons apply?

Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 2U93jAf

Angie Kent (on Instagram on February 3) has called herself a "cutie patootie" and is a savvy social media operator. Photo: Instagram

Source

Clip below from Studio 10 where Yvie talks about being a wing woman (this was before Angie was announced - full video here).  I think we might see a bit of her on the show too.  Cool!  Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 1710264613

Source

All joking aside Yvie was pretty convinced that if Angie stepped up to the rose-covered plate, she'd come away with a pretty solid prize.

"Angie is looking for an amazing, funny man... she would be looking for calibre, strength of character and someone that would make her wet her pants. And me!"

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:53 pm

Well... this is awkward.  Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 3806527698

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:57 pm

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:36 am

Not sure how Todd could do this with his Police commitments but I think they'd be a good match. :yes:

EXCLUSIVE: Former Bachelorette star Todd King wants in on Angie Kent’s season

APR 01, 2019 12:30 PM BY ANITA LYONS

''I’m definitely a lot more attracted to Angie than I was to Ali, if I’m honest.''

With the announcement of our next Bachelorette, Australia has been sent into a tizzy over former Gogglebox star, Angie Kent, who has been given the coveted role.

And while fans are excited over the appointment – there's one recognisable guy who also has his eye on the down to earth beauty.

Remember Todd King - the handsome runner-up on Ali Oetjen's season whose heart was crushed into a million little pieces on National television?

Well, the 27-year-old sales rep has revealed exclusively to Now to Love that he would consider re-applying for the show – and all because of Angie.

"I think if I had the chance to apply again, I would more so go for Angie's season because I like how she's a little bit rough around the edges and that she's a little bit of a bogan," he said.

"I'm definitely a lot more attracted to Angie than I was to Ali, so I guess that's a good place to start."

So what does Todd like about the new recruit?

"I've seen a couple of clips of her and I think the main thing that attracts me is that she's really funny," he admits.

"I just feel like being able to bounce of each other and having good banter is for me, the key to all my relationships, because at the end of the day, the attraction eventually goes to some degree, and the sex life goes and if you can just have really good chat, you can easily spend the rest of your life together." Naaww, swoon!

While Todd is currently in the throes of applying to be a Police Officer, the still-single Perthian hasn't closed the door on love - so does this mean he is going to apply for the show?

"I would definitely for Angie because I can see a lot of things in common, but for me right now with the whole police gig it wouldn't fit in with the timing, but who knows.

"Put it this way, if she pulled a honey badger and didn't pick anyone…well, fingers crossed that happens!"

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
dolcimumma
mbl
Norcalgal
Vjeff
Just Looking
Kas_256
xostargirlxo
Myachardydayz
ReneeM
Finch
Kindnesscounts