SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

metoo - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 27 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by notarose Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Mia_Leoni wrote:*I hope this isn't too political for this board. All just my personal views on sex and consent*

Just to be clear about my perspective here: I neither side with Blake, nor with Caelynn or Kristina in this situation. I personally believe that casual sex is generally a terrible idea, because of the consequences we now see unfold on this show.

In this time of #METOO, the flip side, imo, is that people need to take accountability when they do consent.

It's just not credible, imo to say: yes, it was casual,  yes we had sex before defining our relationship,  BUT this person disrespected me by having (casual) sex with someone else right afterwards.

This is the arrangement you agreed to, if you haven't discussed otherwise.  

And, again IMO, consenting perpetuates the disrespect and makes this arrangement "ok" as long as people continue to consent to it.  As long as these women are agreeing to sleep casually with Blake, why should he change his  behaviour? Why would he feel like he needs to commit when his partners consent to have sex with him, without setting boundaries?

Unless Blake outright lied about his intentions, and the women who agreed to sleep with him were lied to, manipulated, or forced in any way, it's unfortunate but they weren't "used".

This is very conflicting. It's not ok.  And yet, everyone who was a part of it needs to accept responsibility for their role in it.  Just my 2 cents on this topic. Very murky.
yes
Definitely murky. I agree that if a person has expectations other than sex when consenting to sex in a non-romantic relationship then they need to acknowledge that to themselves and not have casual sex. Some people are emotional equipped to separate a hookup from further expectation; some people are not. Both type of people need to be aware of each other’s POV and of themselves in a sexual context and make choices accordingly. In the Kristina/Blake/Caelynn scenario Blake had spent time previously with both but didn’t seem to know how having sex would effect either or how his relationship with either would be effected. Lots of missed communication by all involved in this situation.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

metoo - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 27 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:19 pm

@notarose and @Mia_Leoni I totally agree with both of your posts.

I just do not understand how that could happen. There should be no excuse for not knowing what type of relationship you are having with someone.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:31 pm

I didn’t see any of them confused as to what was agreed. Kristina called it friends with benefits. Cailynn in the texts clearly knew what it was she tried to change the story but knew it was just sex. I don’t think this issue had to do with the communicated relationship. At most maybe some wanted more but it doesn’t seem like that was ever discussed hence the surprise on Blake’s face,

I still have issues with the texts. He clearly said no and she ignored him

All imo

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Bachhh022 Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:51 am

my issue is not blake being called out for his actions, im fine with that. But Blake was also honest with both Caelynn and Kristina and told both about the other. i was listening to Kaitlyn Bristowes podcast the other day and think she said it best: the issue is Caelynn seemed to come into paradise intent on making Blake the bad guy and her the victim, when the texts seemed to prove otherwise. I just think if Blake is called out, she should be too.
Bachhh022
Bachhh022

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:I didn’t see any of them confused as to what was agreed.  Kristina called it friends with benefits.  Cailynn in the texts clearly knew what it was she tried to change the story but knew it was just sex.  I don’t think this issue had to do with the communicated relationship.  At most maybe some wanted more but it doesn’t seem like that was ever discussed hence the surprise on Blake’s face,

I still have issues with the texts.  He clearly said no and she ignored him

All imo

IMO none of this would have been an issue had not these people decided to go on the show.

Frankly, I don't get the hoopla about Blake and why all these women are all hot and bothered about him. To me he is blah...a horny idiot who is taking full advantage of his new found celebrity to get into as many women's pants as possible. He didn't seem to make any promises to anyone and seemed to be pretty honest that he was bedding multiple people. If these women decided to have sex with him regardless, that is all on them.

Caitlyn … never was a fan and those texts did her no good. I don't blame him for sharing them since she IMO clearly had an agenda on the show. She couldn't shut up about how disrespected she felt and yet, she seemed pretty disrespectful to him in those texts. If a man had written those he would have been crucified. All her crying, looked pretty fake to me and as if she was trying to set herself up as the next beloved heroine. Not going to happen chicky. I think plenty of people see through you.

Kristina … I do not understand this woman's need to make herself look more and more pathetic with every appearance. She admitted they were friends with benefits … so what is the issue? I am embarrassed for her. Clearly she has no self respect.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Sprite wrote:
Tiggerlgh wrote:I didn’t see any of them confused as to what was agreed.  Kristina called it friends with benefits.  Cailynn in the texts clearly knew what it was she tried to change the story but knew it was just sex.  I don’t think this issue had to do with the communicated relationship.  At most maybe some wanted more but it doesn’t seem like that was ever discussed hence the surprise on Blake’s face,

I still have issues with the texts.  He clearly said no and she ignored him

All imo

IMO none of this would have been an issue had not these people decided to go on the show.

Frankly, I don't get the hoopla about Blake and why all these women are all hot and bothered about him. To me he is blah...a horny idiot who is taking full advantage of his new found celebrity to get into as many women's pants as possible. He didn't seem to make any promises to anyone and seemed to be pretty honest that he was bedding multiple people. If these women decided to have sex with him regardless, that is all on them.

Caitlyn … never was a fan and those texts did her no good. I don't blame him for sharing them since she IMO clearly had an agenda on the show. She couldn't shut up about how disrespected she felt and yet, she seemed pretty disrespectful to him in those texts. If a man had written those he would have been crucified. All her crying, looked pretty fake to me and as if she was trying to set herself up as the next beloved heroine. Not going to happen chicky. I think plenty of people see through you.

Kristina … I do not understand this woman's need to make herself look more and more pathetic with every appearance. She admitted they were friends with benefits … so what is the issue? I am embarrassed for her. Clearly she has no self respect.

@Sprite
Exactly! metoo - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 27 1377737533

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Amethyst wrote:If I were Blake, I would have released the texts, too. Caelynn portrayed Blake as a monster. The texts put their relationship in a very different light.

For one thing, Caelynn was trying to make it seem like they had a romantic relationship. The texts put her instead into a FWB or "booty call" kind of relationship. They make her come off as both predatory and calculating. She appeared to go along with keeping their sexual relationship on the downlow from Hannah G. This tells me that Caelynn knew darn well that Blake would go after Hannah G. on Paradise. Exactly how upset can you be after you have previously acknowledged that your "boyfriend" will be publicly pursuing someone else?

If Caelynn had handled Blake in the same manner that Kristina did (i.e. calling what he did to both of them, "disrespectful" in a private conversation,) I would have no issue with her. Instead, she put their situation out there to almost everyone on the beach with her noisy, tearful accusations, and then she left in a huff before he would respond. She willfully destroyed Blake's reputation with the viewers. If Blake had not released the texts, what would everyone be thinking now? -- he would have virtually no reputation to salvage with BN. Caelynn's tone sure wasn't noisy, tearful, or accusatory in those texts.

Blake called her out on her false narrative, and I'm glad for his sake that he did. I'm not saying that he's Prince Charming -- he's clearly not. But neither is Caelynn a Cinderella sweetheart whose romantic hopes were dashed by him.

I haven't seen these text messages but what she said with her own mouth, I came to the conclusion it was a booty call. She is very calculating (slick I might say), I can see that is her way of getting what she want. She knew Blake was interested in Hannah G. and then put on the crying act to get the date from Dean. I think this is what Hannah B. was talking about concerning Caetlyn.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:40 pm

pbmax wrote:
Amethyst wrote:If I were Blake, I would have released the texts, too. Caelynn portrayed Blake as a monster. The texts put their relationship in a very different light.

For one thing, Caelynn was trying to make it seem like they had a romantic relationship. The texts put her instead into a FWB or "booty call" kind of relationship. They make her come off as both predatory and calculating. She appeared to go along with keeping their sexual relationship on the downlow from Hannah G. This tells me that Caelynn knew darn well that Blake would go after Hannah G. on Paradise. Exactly how upset can you be after you have previously acknowledged that your "boyfriend" will be publicly pursuing someone else?

If Caelynn had handled Blake in the same manner that Kristina did (i.e. calling what he did to both of them, "disrespectful" in a private conversation,) I would have no issue with her. Instead, she put their situation out there to almost everyone on the beach with her noisy, tearful accusations, and then she left in a huff before he would respond. She willfully destroyed Blake's reputation with the viewers. If Blake had not released the texts, what would everyone be thinking now? -- he would have virtually no reputation to salvage with BN. Caelynn's tone sure wasn't noisy, tearful, or accusatory in those texts.

Blake called her out on her false narrative, and I'm glad for his sake that he did. I'm not saying that he's Prince Charming -- he's clearly not. But neither is Caelynn a Cinderella sweetheart whose romantic hopes were dashed by him.

I haven't seen these text messages but what she said with her own mouth, I came to the conclusion it was a booty call. She is very calculating (slick I might say), I can see that is her way of getting what she want. She knew Blake was interested in Hannah G. and then put on the crying act to get the date from Dean. I think this is what Hannah B. was talking about concerning Caetlyn.

I agree , I think Hannah was spot on when she told Colton that Caitlyn was manipulative and conniving  and that he should trust what she was telling him.  Something about Caitlyn that I just don't trust. She instantly clung to the Randolf sisters,moved near them and has been a third wheel at times . I know Colton will not tell Cassie who to be friends with but I hope her mother is in her ear about keeping her guard up with Caitlyn especially after seeing Blake's text messages and how she lied. JMHO
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:42 pm

Jolena wrote:I agree , I think Hannah was spot on when she told Colton that Caitlyn was manipulative and conniving  and that he should trust what she was telling him.  Something about Caitlyn that I just don't trust. She instantly clung to the Randolf sisters,moved near them and has been a third wheel at times . I know Colton will not tell Cassie who to be friends with but I hope her mother is in her ear about keeping her guard up with Caitlyn especially after seeing Blake's text messages and how she lied. JMHO
We are both fans of C&C, but I have a different perspective. Both Cassie and Michelle love Caelynn, and she has been a recurring guest in their parents’ home. While Caelynn clearly is an emotional mess and has done some questionable things, I like to put some trust in the Randolphs, who actually know her, when it comes to judging her character.

Blake though. I am sure that Cassie would never tell Colton who to be friends with, but she might prefer to not be around when they hang out (if Colton even wants to). At this point, his f*ckboi ways are far from the worst thing about him IMO.
All JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Caelynn's behavior disturbs me a bit. As a woman who has experienced sexual violence, I feel she should be very careful with whom she is sexually active. A good. safe relationship can be healing and I just think everything about Blake screams the opposite. Too early to tell about Dean but he seems to be trying to 'atone for his sins'!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:04 pm

Jolena wrote:
pbmax wrote:

I agree , I think Hannah was spot on when she told Colton that Caitlyn was manipulative and conniving  and that he should trust what she was telling him.  Something about Caitlyn that I just don't trust. She instantly clung to the Randolf sisters,moved near them and has been a third wheel at times . I know Colton will not tell Cassie who to be friends with but I hope her mother is in her ear about keeping her guard up with Caitlyn especially after seeing Blake's text messages and how she lied. JMHO
At the time I thought it strange that Caelynn followed Cassie and Colton to California. Did she do this because she was such good friend's with Cassie or because she still had an interest in Colton?
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:15 am

just me wrote:
Jolena wrote:
pbmax wrote:

At the time I thought it strange that Caelynn followed Cassie and Colton to California. Did she do this because she was such good friend's with Cassie or because she still had an interest in Colton?

I thought the same thing when Cailyn moved to California. Then as time went on I thought maybe she went there to get close into their circle with hopes of meeting a guy through Michele's actor boyfriend. Who knows what her real intentions were. IMO there's something about her that dosen't sit right with me and I wouldn't trust her. Hannah B could've been spot on when she told Colton "Just friggin trust me" when she told him Caitlyn was manipulative and conniving .jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 6 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+60
mizzoufan
Kas_256
just me
pbmax
Chgohighlife