SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by 4health Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:31 pm

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by North Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:35 am

Why does Luke still want Hannah? I just don't get it. He said that if she had sex with any of the guys, he'd want to remove himself from the situation. And honestly, that's fine. Hannah should've said, "well, if that's a deal-breaker, there's the limo, time to go." But after her admission, he still wants her? What is it? And he returns to the F3 ceremony? Why??? I get there was TPTB prodding but he could've easily said no.

They don't laugh, they have horrible communication skills, they both have faults the other sees as deal-breakers. So what is it? Why does he compromise his beliefs for her?

I think had the sex talk NOT happened, he would've edged out Peter for the F3 spot.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 pm

North wrote:Why does Luke still want Hannah? I just don't get it. He said that if she had sex with any of the guys, he'd want to remove himself from the situation. And honestly, that's fine. Hannah should've said, "well, if that's a deal-breaker, there's the limo, time to go." But after her admission, he still wants her? What is it? And he returns to the F3 ceremony? Why??? I get there was TPTB prodding but he could've easily said no.

They don't laugh, they have horrible communication skills, they both have faults the other sees as deal-breakers. So what is it? Why does he compromise his beliefs for her?

I think had the sex talk NOT happened, he would've edged out Peter for the F3 spot.
IMO Hannah did want someone with faith similar to hers- she made that clear to Luke. Luke was the one who does have this but they are in different places of growth in that faith. Luke made a decision - believing it was right- to wait for marriage to have further sex. Hannah is not there in her understanding.  He went on the show for the girl and wants a wife. The other guys are fine with Hannah being with the other men which is something that would make me question their sincerity. IMO It is not so much him judging her as it is him wanting her but finding they are not on the same page in their belief. I saw the wrestling he was doing trying to understand where she was coming from. Her belief is contrary to the dedication he made -which we can not demand of others.  All "just my opinion".
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by handsanitiser Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:37 pm

just me wrote:
North wrote:Why does Luke still want Hannah? I just don't get it. He said that if she had sex with any of the guys, he'd want to remove himself from the situation. And honestly, that's fine. Hannah should've said, "well, if that's a deal-breaker, there's the limo, time to go." But after her admission, he still wants her? What is it? And he returns to the F3 ceremony? Why??? I get there was TPTB prodding but he could've easily said no.

IMO Hannah did want someone with faith similar to hers- she made that clear to Luke. Luke was the one who does have this but they are in different places of growth in that faith. Luke made a decision - believing it was right- to wait for marriage to have further sex. Hannah is not there in her understanding.  He went on the show for the girl and wants a wife. The other guys are fine with Hannah being with the other men  which is something that would make me question their sincerity.  IMO It is not so much him judging her as it is him wanting her but finding they are not on the same page in their belief. I saw the wrestling he was doing trying to understand where she was coming from. Her belief is contrary to the dedication he made -which we can not demand of others.  All "just my opinion".

But it's known that bachelorettes sleep with contestants in the FS. At least one, if not more. Why even go on a show like that if sex outside marriage is so abhorrent to him? Why not just find a woman in his church?

I think it's more sincere to understand that it's normal to test sexual chemistry before getting engaged in 2019.

handsanitiser

Female Posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:09 am

Luke's family has come out with guns blazing. His brother has done a radio interview with a conservative radio host named Todd Starnes. Todd Starnes then appeared on Fox and Friends talking about it. What I saw was that Luke was "misled" about Hannah's view of Christianity and her belief that sex only belongs in the marriage bed.

Here is the video of the radio interview. I haven't watched it but IMO they will probably be sl*t shaming Hannah.

A small portion of the interview was played during the Fox and Friends interview and in that Luke's brother aspires to be the man that Luke is. Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 28 2292733854

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:22 am

Interesting that the sex topic is the only behavior of Luke's that the family wants to talk about? Do they support his clenched fist threats to the guys? His take down of Luke S.? Suspect
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by North Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:40 am

Minney wrote:Interesting that the sex topic is the only behavior of Luke's that the family wants to talk about?  Do they support his clenched fist threats to the guys?  His take down of Luke S.? Suspect

Exactly. Poor Luke is being "persecuted" because he's a Christian man who values abstinence. (sarcasm) Let's ignore the lying -- which is pretty hard to do b/c there was so much of it. The lack of humility. The arrogance. The pride. The judging. The lack of self-awareness.

I am actually starting to think Luke got a decent edit on the show. That there was probably much more footage of him being an @$$ that wasn't shown.

He doesn't get a pass b/c he's a Christian. Just be a good person -- regardless of religion.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by cantstopwatchin Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:38 pm

My Spidey sense went off regarding Luke those first couple of episodes and I read him like a book.  He's going to lay it on thick and pull her in, I told Mr. CSW.  He'll back off when he needs to, only to try the exact same thing again at a later time.  He'll manipulate her regarding situations she wasn't present for instead of owning up to his actions.  And when he thinks he's secure and gets comfortable, he'll start laying the foundation for how he wants their relationship to go, putting himself in charge.  "I want it the way I want it."

Only, right when Luke got comfortable, he made a mistake.  Perhaps he listened to a producer who told him to ask if she'd slept with the other men or maybe he came up with the idea to ask himself, but he overstepped and played his hand too quickly.  She hadn't made her choice it was him.  He tried to backpedal and said she misconstrued his words (again) but maybe her conversation with Jed made her more aware and cognizant of what Luke was doing and her eyes finally opened.  Phew!  [I admit, I was afraid the first few episodes that Luke was getting Vienna's edit and was really worried (for Hannah's sake) she'd chosen him, so much so I gave up being unspoiled.]

I wish I had more time and I'd make a montage of Luke's interactions with Hannah where he cut (or tried) her off, told the camera he'd forget what she just told him, and clenched his fist so we could see what a horror this guy is.  [And if you didn't notice the hand clenching into a fist with Hannah, check out his left hand when they're at his goodbye (not goodbye) limo during the last episode.]  He tried to manipulate her at every turn, and I'm so glad (for her sake) she's not a pushover and she (finally) listened to her inner voice, but I do worry for other women out there who are not.

* These observations come from dating someone similar to the description made above, as well as reading many books and watching many movies with characters such as this.  Hannah saw red flags for a reason and I'm glad she listened, as we all should.

We must overcome the notion that we must be regular... it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre. - Uta Hagen
cantstopwatchin
cantstopwatchin

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:22 pm

handsanitiser wrote:
just me wrote:

IMO Hannah did want someone with faith similar to hers- she made that clear to Luke. Luke was the one who does have this but they are in different places of growth in that faith. Luke made a decision - believing it was right- to wait for marriage to have further sex. Hannah is not there in her understanding.  He went on the show for the girl and wants a wife. The other guys are fine with Hannah being with the other men  which is something that would make me question their sincerity.  IMO It is not so much him judging her as it is him wanting her but finding they are not on the same page in their belief. I saw the wrestling he was doing trying to understand where she was coming from. Her belief is contrary to the dedication he made -which we can not demand of others.  All "just my opinion".

But it's known that bachelorettes sleep with contestants in the FS.  At least one, if not more. Why even go on a show like that if sex outside marriage is so abhorrent to him?  Why not just find a woman in his church?

I think it's more sincere to understand that it's normal to test sexual chemistry before getting engaged in 2019.
IMO Love is to have apart in "sexual chemistry". Without this no-one will really be faithful to anyone. When marriage vows are said, I believe most want to know their partner will be faithful to them no matter who else in life they might have "sexual chemistry" with. Luke's expectation to me was not out of line. Hannah showed an interest in him that the other guys in the house noticed and were jealous of. Production chose not to show the extent of what Hannah was saying to him. IMO He had every reason to believe - by her actions and words- that her interest in him was sincere and deeper than the rest. He did not see what she was saying to and doing with the others.
just me
just me

Back to top Go down

Post by RizBiz Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:30 pm

just me wrote:
handsanitiser wrote:
just me wrote:

But it's known that bachelorettes sleep with contestants in the FS.  At least one, if not more. Why even go on a show like that if sex outside marriage is so abhorrent to him?  Why not just find a woman in his church?

IMO Love is to have apart in "sexual chemistry". Without this no-one will really be faithful to anyone. When marriage vows are said, I believe most want to know their partner will be faithful to them no matter who else in life they might have "sexual chemistry" with. Luke's expectation to me was not out of line. Hannah showed an interest in him that the other guys in the house noticed and were jealous of. Production chose not to show the extent of what Hannah was saying to him. IMO He had every reason to believe - by her actions and words- that her interest in him was sincere and deeper than the rest. He did not see what she was saying to and doing with the others.

I agree Just me :yes:

And to the bolded above. “Why not just find a woman in his church?”
He assumed she was from the same “church” or christian circle that he was a part of.
He realized though, probably too late for him, that even though she is a christian as he is, they have differing opinions about the sexual aspect of a relationship.

RizBiz

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:42 pm

RizBiz wrote:
just me wrote:
handsanitiser wrote:
just me wrote:

I agree Just me :yes:

And to the bolded above. “Why not just find a woman in his church?”
He assumed she was from the same “church” or christian circle that he was a part of.
He realized though, probably too late for him, that even though she is a christian as he is, they have differing opinions about the sexual aspect of a relationship.
                                                                                                                                                                                  IMO I agree with your statement RizBiz "He realized though, probably too late for him, that even though she is a christian as he is, they have differing opinions about the sexual aspect of a relationship" I think his family encouraged him to go on the show after he saw Hannah on the Bachelor. She made comments about her faith on Colton's season. Also, they had attended the same College I believe- even though they never met there. I believe he had no idea of what he was getting into.
just me
just me

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Minney wrote:Interesting that the sex topic is the only behavior of Luke's that the family wants to talk about?  Do they support his clenched fist threats to the guys?  His take down of Luke S.? Suspect

I think it’s sad that his community is missing an opportunity. It could, instead, focus on the importance of new couples clearly communicating their specific views on what a Christian way of life means to each of them so that potential partners can better determine if they have shared values. They could advocate for premarital workshops. They could provide guidelines of what to ask potential partners in order to vet for shared beliefs. They could do many things other than focus on sex that would be productive in creating a roadmap for their followers that would guide then in finding good matches. Rather than making it all about what not to do if one believes as they do, they have this brief public platform to do good for their community of followers.
What to do makes so much more sense to me than crusading about what others should not do.
Care for and guide your specific flock recognizing that not ever flock wanders the same pasture.  JMO

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+56
LaineyG
Kashathediva
Lucas15
Chgohighlife
North