SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Discussion - *NO SPOILERS* - *NO SLEUTHING*

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 -  Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Discussion - *NO SPOILERS* - *NO SLEUTHING* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Discussion - *NO SPOILERS* - *NO SLEUTHING*

Post by veg_out Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:48 am

@albean99, agreed pretty much across the board. IDK if I just forgot or if it's worse, but the drama between the women seems more intense this season. In the past, when the drama between the women reached fever pitch, it was either to hide a strong connection or mask a boring Bachelor. I don't see many strong connections for Peter yet TBH, so maybe TPTB are just trying to keep us engaged.

Peter's a hard one for me because he seems really good with women, learned probably from watching his parents. In that way, I've not seen a lot of "special treatment" from him towards any woman (maybe the picture frame gift to his first date?). He does seem irritated, confused, and maybe hurt by the backstabbing going on with the women, like he doesn't know who/what to believe. I only see genuine connection with the attorney (Kelly?) though he's trying with the nurse (I feel like he'll want to love her, but it's not going to work out for all of his good intentions.). Maybe if he shaves to scruff only the rest of the show, we have our F1 giggling

We did hear one of Peter's fears: that he'll fall for someone who's "fake." Since so much time was spent on that point, I wonder if it's a central theme of the season: Who is here for me vs. fame?

I don't know the girls' names, which makes it tricky for me to isolate his final four. I have no guess on who will be his final pick either because I just don't see it with anyone yet. I can see most of these initial sparks fizzling out by mid-season. Any guesses for you, bean?
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

1 -  Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Discussion - *NO SPOILERS* - *NO SLEUTHING* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Discussion - *NO SPOILERS* - *NO SLEUTHING*

Post by albean99 Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:50 pm

The biggest sparks I've seen so far this season was with Hannah B, @veg_out.   giggling Other than that, I’m going mostly with who he's the most comfortable with. Kelly is really the only one I like but we haven’t seen her much. Hiding a front runner maybe?

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:00 pm

@albean99, right?! I was suprised at the intensity of emotion from both Peter and Hannah during her visit. I chalked it up to residual feelings being unexpectedly stirred in a crazy environment, but that she didn't say "yes" to staying and that he decided to continue on indicated to me that they both knew that they needed to move on without the other. Having the Hannah visit as a barometer for Peter when he has feelings for a woman, though, is a good thing now that I think about it. He's been hard for me to read.

He seems uncomfortable with the drama stirrers and any dynamic that causes confusion or makes him doubt the woman. But is he a rescuer? Does he like or want to be a knight in shining armor type of guy or is he looking for an equal? To be determined, I guess.

See you next week if not before, bean!
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:18 am

This show IMO has gotten so fake there is hardly a speck of real romance anywhere. They only show the drama and most of that is created by production. What a disappointment.
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:37 am

just me wrote:This show IMO has gotten so fake there is hardly a speck of real romance anywhere. They only show the drama and most of that is created by production. What a disappointment.

I couldn't agree more. I think the majority of viewers watch hoping to see a love story , at least I do., They are turning this so called " search for love" show into a drama, fighting crazy,fiasco. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4298

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:33 pm

Well. This season seems very weird.  scratch

Last night, neither Peter nor the women seemed like they want to be on this show. Peter looks downright miserable, and I'm honestly perplexed with the level of his emotional involvement in the women's drama such that he's inadvertently creating more drama. This level of infighting among the women differs, imo, from previous seasons, and I'm wondering the reason that the show is going to these lengths to cause emotional overwhelm.

I reviewed the earlier episodes and think his final 7 girls based on screentime/roles are Tammy, Kelley, Mykenna, Hannah Ann, Madison, Victoria F., and the redhead.

I suspect that Sydney, Aalayah, Victoria P., and champagne girl will cancel each other out eventually with all the drama, mostly because Peter won't feel like he can trust them. Victoria P. is already trending that way.

Peter said in epi 3, "I think I just gave in to listening to everyone else," and he goes on to say that he might not be able to get passed it for awhile, may have regrets, and hopes he made the right decision. Combined with the season's emphasis on deception via fakeness, it seems like that statement and those themes might be portentous: Does Peter fall for someone who is not who she portrays herself to be?

I'm also now wondering if someone comes back at the end, someone he sends home later on this season (or maybe she leaves), and he regrets it because a.) people coming back has happened twice now: Hannah and Aalayah b.) foreshadowing of the above statement whereby he accepts the influence of others in his decision-making and then regrets it. The coming-and-going theme happened in Jillian Harris' season: her F1 left mid-season and came back for HTDs and then her F3 came back at the RC after she eliminated him. Hmm.

Has Peter said to other women beside Kelley, Hannah A., and Madison that he feels confident in their relationship? Were Hannah Ann and Madison shown in every episode with Peter?
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:24 pm

Jolena wrote:
just me wrote:This show IMO has gotten so fake there is hardly a speck of real romance anywhere. They only show the drama and most of that is created by production. What a disappointment.

I couldn't agree more. I think the majority of viewers watch hoping to see a love story , at least I do., They are turning this so called " search for love" show into a drama, fighting crazy,fiasco. jmo

The absolute- only reason I watched this show was for the love story. Now if there happens to be one- that is the one person we will see little of. It is hard to understand how this show thinks that we want this drama based craziness. They always had some drama they focused on but not like now. Maybe it is my age but this has become a real disappointment.
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:49 am

Nice to see others posting. Interesting theories, @veg_out. I don't know if I feel good about Peter being able to pick anyone after what we've seen so far.

I was underwhelmed by last night's episode to say the least. I don't find Peter to be a good lead because he's so indecisive and easily led. He probably shouldn't have sent Alayah home if he didn't want to but he picked the worst way to let her back in. He could have just asked her to come to the RC. Instead, he alienated the women at the GD by giving her their rose. it's his choice but was a dumb one, imo.

I was really annoyed by the manipulation by TPTB on Victoria F's date. it wasn't fair to any of them. Peter was so clueless that there was even anything wrong. I assume they realized early on that they wanted more drama since Peter's a bit of a bland guy but I didn't find that it helped. Wishing we had Mike instead. 1 -  Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Discussion - *NO SPOILERS* - *NO SLEUTHING* - Page 3 4256136633

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:01 pm

This season is hard to watch and enjoy. It seems like most of the contestants, including Peter, are not ready for a serious, committed relationship.

I really loved Kelley's date: It showcased a realistic conversation that displayed a maturity unlike any other relationship, but does Peter really want what he says that he wants, 50/50? To me, it seemed like he was uncomfortable when Kelley went head-to-head with him compared with the times that he can be more of a knight-in-shining-armor.

TBH, I do suspect that Kelley made her mind up in Cleveland, and her current mindset reflects that. IMO, they set up that she'll likely leave though I'm not sure if it's by her own choice or Peter's. Peter wants to be pursued, imo, which is not Kelley's style.

In spite of their intense 1:1, I do think that he has a strong connection to Kelley. He pushed her to discuss her goals for the show because, imo, he wants her around. Peter's other strong connection is with Victoria F. (we've seen their r/ship in every episode except no. 3). Going off this idea of Peter maybe being deceived, I'm getting a vibe from Victoria F. that she's not really into Peter; he is chasing her though.

Hannah Ann, Victoria P., Madison are definitely players going forward since their 1:1 times with Peter were in almost every episode, building the story of their relationship. Kelsey, imo, is in there, too, though I'm not sure for how much longer. ETA: Sidney will likely stick around until FSDs.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:16 am

I’m a little slow this week because there’s so much show in one week. What’s that about?  no idea

Monday’s episode really annoyed me because it seemed like it was constant drama. That’s mostly what stands out. IA with much about what you said about Kelley's date, @veg_out. I like her but I don’t think she and Peter are on the same page. I have to wonder if her feelings have changed after watching him with the drama girls? I wouldn’t be shocked if she decided to leave.

Hannah Ann seems sweet but oh so young. Peter likes her but am not seeing it as too serious. The GD seemed like it was copied from another season. He gave the rose to Madison and seems to like her a lot but we’re not seeing much.

The whole Tammy/McKenna thing was so tedious. I do think that Tammy was in the wrong. I don’t see her point in 'tattling' instead of developing a relationship with Peter. McKenna just came across as very young and immature to me. I would have sent them both home instead of doing it the way Peter did.

Right now Peter's favorite seems to be Victoria F but I also don’t get the vibe that she feels the same. It will be interesting to see what happens. He also seems to like Kelsey a lot which I don’t get. I really didn’t like him giving her a rose when she went to talk to him. Yet again giving the others cause to wonder where his head's at. The only thing I’m happy about this season is that it’s going somewhat fast.  giggling

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:45 am

Good thoughts, @albean99 hi Peter's consistently been a hard read for me, but a few things are starting to make sense. He said to Kelsey, Kelley, and in an ITM (I think) that he wants someone who wants him as badly as he wants her. IMO, Peter's love language is probably words of affirmation and then physical touch. The words of affirmation part comes out when he does a 180-degree flip once a woman either cries to him and/or admits her feelings. He needs emotion to feel like there's a bond.

That type of emotional security might be the reason that he's struggling so much with the withholding from the women. He has a visible, visceral reaction when he hears that a woman may want to leave or might not be into him. We've seen it with Kelley, with Victoria, with Hannah, and even with Mykenna.

Along with the deception theme, I suspect that this fear will be Peter's central conflict for the latter half of this season: Does this woman want me as much as I want her?

His dynamic with Victoria F. reminds me of Colton and Cassie whereby she's the one with the power because he's falling for her hard. It's just not reciprocated, but she's talking herself into it. Maybe she's trying to make top 4 or 6 to increase a chance at being Bachelorette? Same with Hannah Ann though Peter doesn't seem as interested in her as Victoria.

The best part of the night was his time with Madison: there's such ease and joy between them now, and the show has made a point to include brief snippets of his time with her since night one. If I checked correctly, none of the remaining girls have been featured with Peter in every episode, which might be a first.

Based on edits, I'd wild guess that he takes Madison, Hannah Ann, Victoria, and Kelley to HTDs. I think things could fall apart with Kelsey next episode but Kelley and Kelsey could easily swap places. If I had to guess now, he wants either Victoria or Madison for F1.

Who are your top 4, bean (and any others who are still here!)? Any guesses for his F1?
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:44 pm

I think this moment on the show, his f4 would be Victoria, Madison, Hannah Ann, and Kelsey. I only pick Kelsey over Kelley because I think he's sure of Kelsey's feelings for him and not Kelley's. Previously I had thought Kelley would be in his f2. I think if Kelley’s really not feeling it that she’ll pull out before taking him for a htd. Victoria may also leave at some point.

I barely notice Madison because I think I mixed her up with Sydney. She doesn’t stand out to me.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Discussion - *NO SPOILERS* - *NO SLEUTHING*

+4
veg_out
albean99
bluwavz
GuardianAngel
8 posters