SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 57 of 59 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTSFinale - DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 57 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Idlemess Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:46 am

ABC’s Bachelornation consolation prize for Hannah imo. Perhaps this may explain the reaction shots of the show. DWTS Popularity contest!

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

DWTSFinale - DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 57 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Billysmom Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:15 am

Peta is a huge fan....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Ub73_AT9D/

I'm wondering if  any seeming lack of enthusiasm for Hannah by tptb at dwts might possibly just be due to their not wanting to look like they are just a sequel to the bachelor ???   I can't recall for certain, but I think melissa wasn't all that well treated the first time she was on, this in spite of her doing them a favor and coming in at the last minute, as well as being partnered with mensch tony do volcano. Scmiiw...
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:05 am

I thought Hannah and Alan danced so beautifully together. IMO, they had it all, chemistry, rhythm, energy, passion, totally in sync with each other On and off stage. They had that something extra that the others didn’t have. Of course JMO

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by pikake Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:19 am

Astrobach wrote:
alwayscooking wrote:
mtnlvr55 wrote:What I thought was sad was that very few of the other dancers came on the floor to congratulate her. I saw Peta and the backs of a couple of guys heads. Several people surround Witney and Kel

Something was going on this season behind the scenes, and I don't really understand what it could be.  Why the dislike for Hannah?  Even if she was a bit of a diva, the girl doesn't have a mean bone in her body, I just can't see Hannah being that much of a Me-Hannah to tick off everyone at DWTS.

I agree and it’s not going to help their ratings with people noticing the glaring inequities with scoring and criticism. They hopefully will rethink their whole scoring system and also include the WHOLE COUNTRY in their plan.

pikake wrote:A well-deserved win ... congratulations Hannah and Alan!!!!!

I am so tired of having contestants who have singing, acting or dancing backgrounds ... even if they don’t have ballroom dancing in their repertoire, they have “performance” experience and that’s always a huge advantage.  It’s nice to see someone like Hannah win, and I’m so impressed with how far she came.  Kel was good, but I agreed with Len about his two final dances being too similar.  It’s obvious the judges had it in for Ally or Kel to win. I also loved how far Lauren came - she really opened up to be a beautiful dancer.

There continues to be too much favoritism on this show, but I’m very happy with the results ... I loved watching Hannah and Alan together - I knew he’d be the right partner for her, and I’m so thrilled for both of them. JMHO ...

I also see how much her determination and constant work paid off. I liked Kel but didn’t think he was showing much diversity as Hannah did in her free style. It was however visible that the judges were all ecstatic and scored him the highest.

As for the bold: I noticed the very strange reaction - or rather lack of reaction- from Erin particularly when they announced the winners and they were all standing in the center of the stage. First both Tom B and Erin had long, serious faces, and then, when he read and announced it was Alan and Hannah, Erin stood there,  immobile, without any expressions of joy in her face and didn’t make any move to congratulate the winners...who were holding their trophy proudly a few feet away. Instead she was beside Kel and Witney and told them ” well, we love you, ... and I love you so much “ and gave them a hug before ending the announcement to the public, again with NO MENTION of the winners : Hannah and Alan.  no idea
It was so obvious that something was OFF, it made me feel uncomfortable. I haven’t watch DWTS for a while, but saw plenty of them, and have yet to see such an obvious lack of professionalism and blatant favoritism. Erin has never been a favorite of mine since her beginning after they took Brooke out. Her comments are sometimes so insensitive and to the point where she looks dumb. Anyhow, my point of view!
I will rewatch it again to figure out what else was going on while the emotion was taking over everyone.
JMOAA

ITA ... I’m so glad you mentioned the reaction from Tom and Erin during the announcement of the winners. I rewound last night to see it again, as I know my initial thought was “why the long face on Tom” and I was shocked that Erin immediately took the attention away from Hannah and Alan to gush over Kel and Witney. Also after Kel’s freestyle, Erin called it the best ever! It WAS s good dance for sure, but too similar to his first dance last night, and too similar to other dances he’d performed this season ... I agree, his range was not as extensive as Hannah’s. It’s unfortunate the ending was so abrupt, as I think the winners deserve a little more time regardless of who that might be. There’s too much emphasis on filler performances by other entertainers, and not enough on the contestants in my opinion. Overall, I enjoyed the season, but once again did not enjoy the blatant favoritism.

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:26 am

The ending is always abrupt. I don't remember a season where it wasn't.  TPTB just carry every out to the last second.

I just looked at the DWTS Tour schedule.  Kate is apparently going to be this season's "Joe" with the most tour dates.  I think with her background she will be an awesome emcee for the show. Good for her.  Hannah's one date is also with Kate.  Kel is with Kate for every one of his appearances, never alone.  And, of course, the favored child starts the tour off.  Lauren appears to only have 4 appearances. Sailor has more than her.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:15 pm

HavaDrPepper wrote:The ending is always abrupt. I don't remember a season where it wasn't.  TPTB just carry every out to the last second.

I just looked at the DWTS Tour schedule.  Kate is apparently going to be this season's "Joe" with the most tour dates.  I think with her background she will be an awesome emcee for the show. Good for her.  Hannah's one date is also with Kate.  Kel is with Kate for every one of his appearances, never alone.  And, of course, the favored child starts the tour off.  Lauren appears to only have 4 appearances. Sailor has more than her.

I don't understand why Sailor has so many since she was voted off a lot earlier. If they want to make money they better give Hannah more tour dates because she is the one people want to see and is the mirror ball winner.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:29 pm

nannymargie wrote:
HavaDrPepper wrote:The ending is always abrupt. I don't remember a season where it wasn't.  TPTB just carry every out to the last second.

I don't understand why Sailor has so many since she was voted off a lot earlier.  If they want to make money they better give Hannah more tour dates because she is the one people want to see and is the mirror ball winner.

I think a lot depends on the Stars availability. Who knows what Hannah has next, Lauren may be doing another tour, etc. I don't think Sailor has much going on so she is probably more open than some of the others same with Kate. Who would be fun to see.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:48 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
nannymargie wrote:

I don't understand why Sailor has so many since she was voted off a lot earlier.  If they want to make money they better give Hannah more tour dates because she is the one people want to see and is the mirror ball winner.

I think a lot depends on the Stars availability.  Who knows what Hannah has next, Lauren may be doing another tour, etc.  I don't think Sailor has much going on so she is probably more open than some of the others same with Kate.  Who would be fun to see.

On Alan and Hannah's live IG she was kinda asking people request more tour dates for her.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Well, if Hannah knew that she was only scheduled for 1 tour date then during that IG live -- I am sure that she would want to have people request her to do more. I am sure that she'd probably love to do the ones in Alabama and possibly surrounding states. I wonder if they would have to pay Hannah more money to be in the show than Kate or Sailor and if that would make a difference. IMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:40 pm

Hard to believe that a year ago Hannah had $70 in the bank....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:44 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
nannymargie wrote:

I think a lot depends on the Stars availability.  Who knows what Hannah has next, Lauren may be doing another tour, etc.  I don't think Sailor has much going on so she is probably more open than some of the others same with Kate.  Who would be fun to see.

Also consider who Sailor's partner was on the show... Val.  He is the longest running male pro on the show this year with 15 seasons.  Gleb and Sasha are next in longevity and each only has 7.  IMO Val has the same mindset as Maks did... it is HIS show.  The only pro this season with more time on the show than Val is Cheryl and she is not doing the tour.

I wouldn't doubt if Val pushed to get Sailor out there.  Kate I think is a no brainer as to have her on.  She is funny and was actually a decent dancer. If I were to go to a show near me it would be Kate and I would be thrilled to see her but that's not in the cards for me. 

I still think the schedule will change with people dropping out for one reason or another and others stepping in to take up the slack.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan4life Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:04 pm

I think this was a great season. There was a lot of potential talent, and those who didn't have natural talent, certainly improved. I think everyone worked hard, and tried to do their absolute best, and it appeared they all had a great time.

While I was definitely a "Hannah & Alan" fan going in, I felt the judges were definitely partial with their scoring. I also felt they were overly critical of Hannah, which made me push for her even more. There were obvious mistakes, missteps, etc. from the dancers that were getting higher scores, and Hannah & Alan never got their three 10's until their final dance - I just found that really difficult to believe. I have to say my favorite dance from Hannah and Alan was their Quickstep to American Girl. I thought it was near perfect, but Len even found fault with that dance.

I loved James, and really thought he would be the winner this season. I feel like he definitely has natural talent. I also thoroughly enjoyed watching Kate Flannery.

While Kel had an amazing freestyle, I also thought it was too much like his first dance. I also thought Ally was a bit rushed in her dance - she has a ton of energy, but has trouble controlling it. They each had a style of dancing they excelled at. I never expected Lauren to make it into the finals, but she did improve throughout the season.

As I said, it was more than obvious that Hannah and Alan were getting critiqued harder than the others, and I think voters took matters into their own hands.

Fan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 59 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+44
bluwavz
beader
USAGold
Just Looking
LoveDovez