SELECT CONTENT

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 14 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2  - Page 14 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Jolena Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:10 am

Summerfun1980 wrote:@Jolena we don’t know how they started unless I missed it. Gigi just followed him on ig first from what I remember.

I wish everyone the best.

I read a while back that she slid into his Dm's and then they started following each other. Of course it was hear say at the time but then when Hannah did that  interview ( I think it was with Rachel & Ali) right after she met with Tyler at her house. She said "idk maybe someone will slide into my Dm's too. That's what pretty much confirmed it for me. Honestly I highly doubt very much that Tyler was the one to initiate this .jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4298

Back to top Go down

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2  - Page 14 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Summerfun1980 Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 am

@Chgohighlife My issue was dismissing valid critique about Gigi and her walk and career success as just hate. It is not. It is calling out her privilege and lack of talent.

My point about Naomi is that she worked quadruple as hard and had to have quadruple the talent to make it as a dark skinned model which is why she laughed at the likes of Gigi. Yes there are a few. But modeling is a predominately white and racist industry. And a quick google search will tell you the racism Naomi has had to deal with. She had to perfect her walk. So no she didn’t think much of Gigi, a girl who just showed up without putting in any of the work.

The modeling industry has long stopped paying the best or giving lines to the best. It is about who will get clicks in the social media era cue the rise of the hadids and Jenners. There is plenty of information on this online, if interested.

Last edited by Summerfun1980 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Summerfun1980

Back to top Go down

Post by intheroom Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 am

well obviously if he only matter to you because of Hannah then of course he have change. He no longer completing for her love. No longer commenting on anything related to her because he’s no longer in her journey. But to those of us who like him for him, he’s still the same humble and simple guy who entered our screen in May.
intheroom
intheroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerfun1980 Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:12 am

@Jolena ok. I thought I read they had mutual friends and knew of each other before the follow. But I haven’t been keeping up like you all. I think it was in one of the first articles about their dates.

Summerfun1980

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:26 am

Summerfun1980 wrote:@Jolena ok. I thought I read they had mutual friends and knew of each other before the follow. But I haven’t been keeping up like you all. I think it was in one of the first articles about their dates.
Won't be surprised if they had mutual friends in the industry. I think Gigi's friend Kendall V is also friends with Charlotte D'Alessio + Josie Conseco (who is also signed with Next management) et.al. So, that could be where the connection came from.

I also read a theory about Eva Chen, a big shot at IG Fashion, may have influenced Gigi to reach out to Tyler. Eva and Gigi are friends and both watch The Bachelorette. During the airing of the show, Tyler and Matt toured IG head quarters and Eva had a few IG stories up with them. Eva also made it a point in her IG stories to say how Tyler is just like the guy we see on the show; super nice, charming, polite, and a good guy. Shortly after Eva's IG stories, Gigi followed Tyler on IG one evening.

Not sure if any of the above are true, but it wouldn't surprise me that Gigi and Tyler have mutual friends/acquaintances.

Who knows who slid into who's DMs first. Doesn't matter anyway. They were both single at the time.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:35 am

Summerfun1980 wrote:@Chgohighlife My issue was dismissing valid critique about Gigi and her walk and career success as just hate. It is not. It is calling out her privilege and lack of talent.

My point about Naomi is that she worked quadruple as hard and had to have quadruple the talent to make it as a dark skinned model which is why she laughed at the likes of Gigi. Yes there are a few. But modeling is a predominately white and racist industry. And a quick google search will tell you the racism Naomi has had to deal with. She had to perfect her walk. So no she didn’t think much of Gigi, a girl who just showed up without putting in any of the work.

The modeling industry has long stopped paying the best or giving lines to the best. It is about who will get clicks in the social media era cue the rise of the hadids and Jenners. There is plenty of information on this online, if interested.

@Summerfun1980

Not one surprising bit of news there. Fame is fickle and unfair and sometimes fleeting. Same for success - in any field. I'm not being dismissive. I'm a realist. I find none of your revelations surprising. Modeling - like singing, acting, dancing, painting, sculpting, cooking, writing..............is not fair. All the more reason Tyler's degree of success cannot be predicted. Period. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerfun1980 Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 am

Chgohighlife wrote:
Summerfun1980 wrote:@Chgohighlife My issue was dismissing valid critique about Gigi and her walk and career success as just hate. It is not. It is calling out her privilege and lack of talent.

@Summerfun1980

Not one surprising bit of news there. Fame is fickle and unfair and sometimes fleeting. Same for success - in any field. I'm not being dismissive. I'm a realist. I find none of your revelations surprising. Modeling - like singing, acting, dancing, painting, sculpting, cooking, writing..............is not fair. All the more reason Tyler's degree of success cannot be predicted. Period. All IMO.

Ok. Your post sounded dismissive to me. I hear you that it was not your intent.

My thinking re Tyler’s modeling pics are because I just don’t think they are good and some are IMO horrible. You don’t need a great deal of talent but do need to know how to take a pic. I understand it is subjective and others disagree re his photos but most truly make me cringe. Some of the blame falls on the photographers.

Summerfun1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:42 am

Summerfun1980 wrote:@Jolena ok. I thought I read they had mutual friends and knew of each other before the follow. But I haven’t been keeping up like you all. I think it was in one of the first articles about their dates.

Yes , I did read that they supposedly knew or had mutual friends in the business who very well could've talked them up about each other but I had read that she contacted him .  no idea However it happened dosen't matter much now. I also read that Gigi watches the show so maybe between what she saw of him on the show and what the mutual friends told her something clicked for her . jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:47 am

Summerfun1980 wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:

@Summerfun1980

Ok. Your post sounded dismissive to me. I hear you that it was not your intent.

My thinking re Tyler’s modeling pics are because I just don’t think they are good and some are IMO horrible. You don’t need a great deal of talent but do need to know how to take a pic. I understand it is subjective and others disagree re his photos but most truly make me cringe. Some of the blame falls on the photographers.

We can all agree to disagree but I haven't seen not one modeling pic of Tyler that I can honestly say was bad. I think he looks hot as hell in them and a killer body too. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 am

Imho we are part of the reason why the social media stars get all these opportunities offered to them. None of these Bach contestants have done anything for the success and fame they receive after the show, imho. Hannah got an opportunity to appear on DWTS, because people liked her on a reality dating show. She hasn't grafted any talent that has made her a "star". Same with all of the Bach people, Jade and Tanner have zero talent that made them deserve the millions they got from Insta ads.

Imho it's a bit hypocritical to judge Gigi for grabbing the opportunities given to her, when so many of us support these Bach stars when they grab the opportunities given to them, without them having any talent that would make them deserving of their fame. I mean, all these Bach people are imho Instagram stars in the making.

And imho bachelor franchise is one very racist one. This is the franchise that had the local, indigenous people kidnap virgin Ashley in order to offer her as a sacrifice. How racist is that? They also took decade to cast their first AA lead, and they cast an openly racist man to pursue her. They still haven't cast a AA male lead in all these seasons. And we still watch. Jmho.

Gigi is only one of the few, who has grabbed the opportunities offered to her, for whatever reason, and made a career for herself through them. I'm not going to fault her for that.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerfun1980 Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:56 am

@Cocoasneeze I didn’t say bachelor contestants deserve anything or earn anything. But dwts or a reality show gig is not something people work hard for to get. It cannot be compared to a spot on a runway show during fashion week or line with a designer, which models are killing themselves to get and being told they need to work harder to get.  It is apples to oranges. As being a model used to require talent and skill and being on a reality show does not and has never. My comment was in response to what I perceived as another poster dismissing critique against Gigi in the modeling industry from other models busting their butts and the public. She has said that was not her intent so I left it.

If you have no issue with people getting modeling gigs however they can get them, regardless of talent, ok. But I and others call out privilege when we see it and don’t deserve to be dismissed as haters.

I also disagree on the bachelor being as bad as the modeling industry. It’s not even close really.. The modeling industry is overtly racist. Black models have had to deal with makeup artists not wanting to do their makeup because they don’t want to touch black skin and telling them to their faces. It is a different animal.

Summerfun1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 am

@Summerfun1980

That's all your prerogative, but I'm not going to fault Gigi for taking all the advantages she can, in a system she didn't create. And if we get into racism, imho all entertainment industry is extremely racist, which bachelor very much is included in. Imho it's not much different from modelling industry. Jmho.

I just wanted to comment on this, but I'm going to tap out as we are way OT and I'm partly fault for that with replying to completely OT post.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+62
Alanna
Ash2214
sosleepy
teamfiercelove
nd4reality