SELECT CONTENT

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Page 14 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 14 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by Summerfun1980 Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:07 pm

@lleyki it wasn’t the fact that he commented but what he said. It was very juvenile and showed his youth and inexperience. “If you can’t stand the heat get out the kitchen.” To attempt to tell a married man what not to do in his marriage. And his tone. He is just trying to get retweets. He doesn’t know anything about relationships or marriage and has admitted such. All JMO he could say “I don’t think Kanye should tell Kim how to dress” or “I wouldn’t care about how my wife dresses” His tweet was over the top on a subject he knows nothing about for praise. JMO

Summerfun1980

Back to top Go down

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 14 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by lleyki Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:21 pm

The Lori K thing was posted on reddit, I can’t remember what proof there was but I figured since she comments on his stuff that it’s probably true. I’m also hoping it’s not.

Yes, I remember people speculating about it because he started following her and she of course follows him. Was just confirming whether or not there had been anything else to indicate that he was working with her and I guess not.

As for the rest, agree to disagree. I think a much bigger deal and much ado is being made out of this. Like I said, it's The Kardashians. To me commenting on the show is no different than public figures who comment on The Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise. As for the pandering, well again, perception is reality.

If one sees Tyler as a clout chasing reality star seeking approval on social media from followers, then you see pandering. Personally I think Tyler is just doing him and everything gets read into as something more. Honestly, at the end of the day, it's simply this for me, "it's not that deep".

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:34 pm

I think regardless if he has signed with Lori, he has a huge team of people working for him for different aspects of his brand, imo. He's signed with WME for his talent agency. I'm pretty sure he's signed with Sunshine Sachs for PR/Publicist which is also a huge company his Wake Forest friend works at. Not to mention his modelling agency and a bunch of other marketing/branding firms out of LA and NYC. I'm actually not sure how much Lori even plays a role as I think he has so many different avenues he is pulling from. Perhaps he uses Lori to help him with the LA connection as she's based in California and Montreal. I think his NYC shilling/work/charity and PR is facilitated by Tessa (WF friend) as she seems to be very involved. She's had IG stories of Tyler at the US open during his Heineken sponsorship, his volunteering, abcfoodtours, and other things in the past. Tyler also has media people go through Tessa to get approved for interviews according to his short snippet on Chicks in the Office (when he crashed Dylan's interview).
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:12 pm

silverstreams wrote:Just want to ask y’all a question that’s been weighing on my mind a bit. Does anyone else feel Tyler is pandering to female targeted media of late? His social posts are really coming off like some PR orchestrated “I’m a male feminist” schtick and although he’s shown signs of that on the show, it’s getting a bit heavy handed and disingenuous. I really wish he wouldn’t have signed with Lori K because her PR is really hammy and cringe and the way Tyler is moving of late shows that. I just see him going down the road of being a cheesy ex-reality star. I had higher hopes for him. All IMO
I think anytime a man consistently speaks up on feminist issues it can definitely come off as pandering and maybe it is a little bit in the sense of him speaking so publicly about things, but we can only go off what we know, and from what we know, this is just who he is. Someone on reddit had made a post months ago that Tyler was in their women’s or gender studies class in university and mentioned him being a very active participant in class and that he always did all the readings. Tyler is a pretty active SM user, and he’s also very opinionated when when it comes to sports and pop culture and I think he’s just giving his thoughts on a clip that’s been widely circulated. Agreed about Lori though, not a fan of that move. Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:21 pm

I also think Tyler thinks the things he Tweets. Why should we describe it as pandering to feminist Twitter when Tyler actually considers himself to be a feminist?

Tyler sounds like he wants back the identity he had during the airing of the show, of a guy who supports and cheers on women. IMO.

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Honestly once I saw who this was directed towards, I'm in total agreement. IMO, Kanye is one pompous azz who deserves to be called out. I don't follow the Kardashian stuff, but wasn't this televised/published on an SM forum? K is once again trying to stir the pot. Enough! Good for Tyler.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Bleiby527 wrote:I also think Tyler thinks the things he Tweets. Why should we describe it as pandering to feminist Twitter when Tyler actually considers himself to be a feminist?

Tyler sounds like he wants back the identity he had during the airing of the show, of a guy who supports and cheers on women. IMO.

:yes:
If men who hold feminist views remain silent then people wouldn’t be aware that men support feminism. Speaking their POV will appeal to some and not others. It will also draw other likeminded, both male and female, to them.
JMO

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:55 pm

"wants back"? Um did he lose it somewhere?

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:33 pm

lleyki wrote:

Well he didn't Tweet anything similar to what he posted about Kanye West and Kim Kardashian during the Gigi days. So yes "wants back."

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:51 am

lleyki wrote:

He’s not titled the “Respectful King” for nothing! IMO
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by smg2587 Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:52 am

I don't understand how from what we know Tyler has felt this way its going back because he is talking about it again. Is he suppose to bring it up any random time he wants and more people will say its pandering. He brought it up again because he saw the clip from what we know. I don't understand how people can say his opinion changed because who he was dating at the time. He at least express these feelings when he was just one of the guys competing for Hannah's heart and from what we know at a time from what he knew she was engage to another man. Whos to say they where gone just because he didn't bring it up for two months. He brought up his opinion on transgender issues both while the show was airing and still with Gigi (a story he made about a speech a transgender model he made the day he got back to NYC from the Netherlands with Gigi at a fashion event he attended). So how is he going back on his opinion just because he didn't bring up is feelings about women's right to do what she wanted for a two month period? How is it proof he changed and "went back"? Maybe I am not getting it. How does one go back from there opinion on a subject just because they don't bring it up at random times. Because if they did bring it up at random times you would hear more people say its pandering or not genuine. I am probably not making much sense for some but I don't really get the issue with this. All jmho.

smg2587

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:25 am

smg2587 wrote:I don't understand how from what we know Tyler has felt this way its going back because he is talking about it again. Is he suppose to bring it up any random time he wants and more people will say its pandering. He brought it up again because he saw the clip from what we know. I don't understand how people can say his opinion changed because who he was dating at the time. He at least express these feelings when he was just one of the guys competing for Hannah's heart and from what we know at a time from what he knew she was engage to another man. Whos to say they where gone just because he didn't bring it up for two months. He brought up his opinion on transgender issues both while the show was airing and still with Gigi (a story he made about a speech a transgender model he made the day he got back to NYC from the Netherlands with Gigi at a fashion event he attended). So how is he going back on his opinion just because he didn't bring up is feelings about women's right to do what she wanted for a two month period? How is it proof he changed and "went back"? Maybe I am not getting it. How does one go back from there opinion on a subject just because they don't bring it up at random times. Because if they did bring it up at random times you would hear more people say its pandering or not genuine. I am probably not making much sense for some but I don't really get the issue with this. All jmho.

I personally find Tyler to be more open since his Gigi breakup during New York Fashion Week. Compare his Juliet Litman podcast during the Gigi relationship (mostly about travel and sports) and his Juliet Litman podcast after the Gigi relationship (boners galore). I didn't see him Tweet his "respectful king" (to quote Lauren Zima) schtick during the Gigi relationship and now he's doing it again. To me, it doesn't mean he stopped being a feminist during the period from early August to early September, it means that he was probably worried about an NDA that he signed in order to date Gigi. IMO.

Last edited by Bleiby527 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

+55
forrealspeople
albean99
bachefan
bleuberry
Pichic121