SELECT CONTENT

Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:05 am

@Bobette do you know of any animal shelters/rescues etc that I can donate to? I've been looking but can't find anything. I'd like to donate to specifically a local shelter/person/group whomever that can use $. TY

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:07 am

Try Bobette wrote:Just a quick post to say how impressed I've been with Timm's posts during the fire crisis.  

Thoughtful reposts.  Powerful images.  Sensible suggestions for where to donate so it goes direct to those in need.  No preaching.  Not using it as an excuse for self promotion.  No IMO useless waffle about "thoughts and prayers" like some other Bach alumni.  

Good job Timm.  yes

Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread - Page 2 W7MWIcX

Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread - Page 2 6ropkUP

Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread - Page 2 A58pz5e

Source

@Bobette I couldn’t agree more! Timm has been a delight to follow. He is the real deal imo. Genuine through and through!

I have so appreciated his posts and how needed they are especially with the ongoing absolute devastation from the fires and climate change issues in Australia. My heart breaks for all of you, the wildlife, the land, the air. Devastating. I’ve donated and spread the word but wish there was more I could do. It’s heartbreaking, infuriating and exhausting to see how little the world seems to care about the fact that we are killing our planet. But nevertheless I will fight on. 

Please stay safe all my Aussie friends!!!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:20 am

GuardianAngel wrote:@Bobette do you know of any animal shelters/rescues etc that I can donate to? I've been looking but can't find anything. I'd like to donate to specifically a local shelter/person/group whomever that can use $. TY

@GuardianAngel WIRES is a good, trustworthy organisation for all wildlife: https://www.wires.org.au/donate/emergency-fund The koala populations are in particular strife - they're so small and docile they can't run away like kangaroos or hoofed animals.

Port Macquarie Koala hospital is taking donations here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-thirsty-koalas-devastated-by-recent-fires They've gone over their initial target and are redistributing additional donations within about 50 local shelters and organisations.

My personal opinion is that the smaller, local funds are the best to donate to. With some of the larger organisations one never knows how much of the money is actually going to get to those in need and how much will be diverted to "running expenses".
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:31 am

@Bobette Thank you so much. Yes that's what I was getting to in a round about way, the smaller local companies. That's my personal preference and in no way deterring anyone from donating to whatever organization they prefer.

I'm so heartbroken as I've been following for several months now and it's so much worse than initially when it started.

I thank all countries that are helping as well as my own beautiful Canada that has been sending help from across the country since early September.  Reciprocation  to our cousin country Australia for helping with the fires in British Columbia and Alberta Canada last year. beatingheart

thumbsup to Timm for bringing awareness. This is when former contestants can use SM for a good cause.

I hope there are no more deaths and that everyone gets to safety asap. Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread - Page 2 3552228123

I know there isn't any rain in the forecast but a miracle would be much appreciated. Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread - Page 2 3552228123

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:44 am

@Bobette thank you for those links and so devastating to see those koalas sad @GuardianAngel I donated to WIRES, the charity bobette linked and local fire brigade. IA with @Bobette about staying away from large charities where so much of the donation goes to “overhead” and not directly helping. I wish there was more I could do but every little thing helps and the little I can do wherever I am to keep our planet and life alive I will.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:48 am

Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:50 am

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:54 am

@Bobette omg those links are breaking my heart. Thank you so much.

I don't mean for this to go off topic, but .....

@AllAboutLove Good idea on the fire brigade. I am a recycle fanatic and am very mindful of doing whatever I can to save our planet.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:45 am

@GuardianAngel Yeah it's pretty full on - the magnitude of death and destruction of the natural environment is hard to fathom (let alone the human toll).  

One more charity worth a mention (which will get us back on topic since Timm was supporting them, along with Ciarran and Jackson) is Buy a Bale: https://www.buyabale.com.au/donate/

Many of the stock animals who survived the fires are now starving and farmers are desperate to save them. Article DM ran back about it back in December:

Bachelorette stars urge fans to support Australian farmers

They've sparked a strong bromance, after all three of them failed to find love with Angie Kent on The Bachelorette earlier this year.

And it appears Jackson Garlick, Timm Hanly and Ciarran Stott are using their platform for good, as the trio posted a string of inspirational posts urging fans to help the Australian community this festive season.

On Boxing Day, Jackson, 25 - whose family own their own pie company, Garlo's Pies - encouraged fans to 'buy a bale' and support local farmers, while out on the town with Timm and Ciarran.

Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread - Page 2 QCuRZFZ

Doing good: Jackson Garlick, Timm Hanly and Ciarran Stott (L-R) urged Australians to dig deep and support their local farmers in an Instagram post on Thursday

Alongside a snap of the trio, he wrote: 'Farmers are our livelihood. @timmhanly & @ciarranstott know what’s up.If you like this photo, donate to @buyabale.'

The charity itself is there to support the thousands of farmers across Queensland and Northern NSW to help keep cattle, sheep and horses alive through one of the worst droughts in living history.

Those wanting to help can give money or time to help the farmers, and can donate from as little as $10.

Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread - Page 2 9LTvr6k

Helping out: The charity itself is there to support the thousands of farmers across Queensland and Northern NSW, to help keep cattle, sheep and horses alive through one of the worst droughts in living history

Ciarran, 25, responded: 'You know it lad!! People need to wake up!'

Earlier in the day, Timm shared a special Christmas message thanking firefighters for their brave work across the country in a touching post, also alongside his fellow Bachelor star pals.

Timm also shared a jaw-dropping snap of the trio posing on Terrigal Beach on the Central Coast, showing off their rippling muscles and washboard abs in the summer sunshine.

Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread - Page 2 X1JXCZY

Giving thanks: Earlier in the day, Timm shared a special Christmas message thanking firemen for their brave work across the country in a touching post, also alongside his fellow Bachelor star pals

Timm, 27, wrote alongside the snap: 'The three blind mice. On a serious note, it’s a special time of year and I’m grateful to be surrounded by my family and my friends.

'While we face one of the hottest summers we’ve seen, our fire fighters sacrifice these times with there families and friends so we can live like this The real Christmas heroes. Thankyou.'

Ciarran added: 'As @timmhanly said in his last post, we all aren’t lucky enough to spend Christmas with our loved ones or with our friends.

'So please do remember the guys fighting the furious fires and keeping us safe and putting their lives on the line. Please go and support @portmacquariekoalahospital and help out the guys saving the Australian wildlife that are truly in need right now.'

Positive: Ciarran added 'please go and support @portmacquariekoalahospital and help out the guys saving the Australian wildlife that are truly in need right now'

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:07 am

@Bobette Thank you for highlighting the good Timm continues to do. These fires bring back very acute memories for me as I live in the area north of San Francisco where we've had 3 years of terror from fires. I know how glued to the news (tv or internet or text messages) as you  look for any little bit of news on the progress or containment. But AU is such a large country that the resources seem minute compared to what is needed and to what California had when we mobilized in 2017, 2018 and 2019. It breaks my heart to see the wildlife decimated. My friends in Sydney send me info every day or so and other friends have family in Canberra and Adelaide and am getting updates from them, too. Thank you for the links to donate - I will follow through and give to a smaller organization. We all need to take care of each other.

I don't want to be a naysayer but some of the hardest days are ahead of you as the assault eases and dealing with the trauma continues. Our local governments, schools and businesses had to lay off employees as their budgets shrunk. People moved out of the area, especially renters, as they couldn't find affordable housing, exacerbating a shortage of a class of workers. A future fire triggers PTSD-like symptoms but through it all there are so many moments of beauty - acts of kindness abound and extraneous 'things' are not even thought of.

sent a donation to Buy a Bale as the need to assist people living in rural areas is one I am acutely aware of.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:19 pm

@Bobette thanks for the additional link. I'm a big fan of supporting farmers!

@Norcalgal thank you for shedding light on the devastating effect not only during but after such horrific losses.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:28 am

Shout out to our man Timm who started this discussion about the need to support AU with his IG posts. The Golden Globes tonight had so many mentions of the need to support it.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Timm Hanly - Timm The Magnificent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Fan Thread

+4
appiah01
Astrobach
Norcalgal
AllAboutLove
8 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum