SELECT CONTENT

Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:38 am

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

Post by Amethyst Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:19 pm

In a recent interview, Madi said that she would only return to the Bach franchise if a substantial number of church-going men were cast.

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/30/madison-prewett-godly-men-could-make-me-rejoin-the-bachelor/

I don't have a problem with Madi's religiosity, her desire for a practicing Christian husband, or her desire to remain a virgin until marriage. I might raise an eyebrow at her being on Peter Weber's season in the first place, because it's not like he was even remotely what she was looking for. But given that she obviously wanted to become a Christian influencer, it makes sense.

What I do have a problem with is the phrase, "Godly men." There is something really arrogant about that phrase. I could understand, "Christian men," "church-going men," or "men of faith." But "Godly men" smacks of superiority. It implies that church-going men are better than other men. Well, life has taught me that good men might be religious or not religious. And likewise, evil men might be religious or not religious. There have been plenty of evil "Godly men" who have hidden behind the facade of faith. I wish that  Madi would rethink the use of this particular phrase.

Of course, it might be particular to her Christian culture, and therefore she doesn't care how it is perceived by others. But IMO it is offensive. It is a put-down to the numerous men of good character who are not church going individuals.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:24 pm

@Amethyst I'd like to know if she has been asked to return. Kind of "unhumble" to be setting the terms by which she might again grace our screen.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:43 pm

@Amethyst some people consider the most 'godly' men are those that are looking like 'gods'! There have been a few of those on the Bachelor - not sure they would qualify under Madison's definition.

Madison is a prime example of someone who would benefit from getting out of her bubble to realize exactly what you said - good people can be found in many persuasions.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:47 am

Amethyst wrote:In a recent interview, Madi said that she would only return to the Bach franchise if a substantial number of church-going men were cast.

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/30/madison-prewett-godly-men-could-make-me-rejoin-the-bachelor/

I don't have a problem with Madi's religiosity, her desire for a practicing Christian husband, or her desire to remain a virgin until marriage. I might raise an eyebrow at her being on Peter Weber's season in the first place, because it's not like he was even remotely what she was looking for. But given that she obviously wanted to become a Christian influencer, it makes sense.

What I do have a problem with is the phrase, "Godly men." There is something really arrogant about that phrase. I could understand, "Christian men," "church-going men," or "men of faith." But "Godly men" smacks of superiority. It implies that church-going men are better than other men. Well, life has taught me that good men might be religious or not religious. And likewise, evil men might be religious or not religious. There have been plenty of evil "Godly men" who have hidden behind the facade of faith. I wish that  Madi would rethink the use of this particular phrase.

Of course, it might be particular to her Christian culture, and therefore she doesn't care how it is perceived by others. But IMO it is offensive. It is a put-down to the numerous men of good character who are not church going individuals.
Well put! This attitude from Christians is really disturbing IMO.
I think Madi handled herself well in that regard on the show, which is why I always have defended her. However, I do remember her mother saying something like “remember the standard you have set for yourself” no no at her hometown.

I don’t think I would like her book at all.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by ariwolf Thu May 05, 2022 10:56 pm

ariwolf
ariwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 06, 2022 4:47 pm

Good for her. I'm glad she met someone who seems to have a lot in common with her. I looked at his IG. I can see him being a preacher, (sorry not sure of the terminology for her religion) he's a good speaker.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Fri May 06, 2022 8:07 pm

People are saying on Reddit that he is the son of a billionaire.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Sat May 07, 2022 6:39 pm

suzq wrote:People are saying on Reddit that he is the son of a billionaire.
Here's a link to his dad's profile from Forbes.com

Link

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:35 pm

Congratulations to Madi!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgvEH8dtGBX/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:52 pm

Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion - Page 14 Screen47

Looks like a Bachelor/ette proposal to me! (snarking)
I'm sure her parents are please with her choice. Colton vs a straight man with a billionaire father who truly walks his talk? Hmmm

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:00 pm

Congrats to them!

I'd like to know how it was all set up considering they are dressed so nice.

ETA: details here.

https://people.com/tv/bachelor-alum-madison-prewett-engaged-to-boyfriend-grant-troutt/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Madison Prewett-Troutt - Grant Troutt - Bachelor 24 - Discussion

+38
ariwolf
pavalygurl
Mia_Leoni
beader
ReneeM