SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Page 54 of 55 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorette - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 54 Empty Re: The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Post by Maddy Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:17 pm

Norcalgal wrote:I didn't watch but presume Nikki was interviewed? Any updates?
Yes, she was, she said she was married, had her job and pert.
thebachelorette - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 54 155774_015-900x0
https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor-the-greatest-seasons-ever/episodes/juan-pablo-galavis/
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

thebachelorette - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 54 Empty Re: The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Post by whit90 Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:21 pm

Norcalgal wrote:I didn't watch but presume Nikki was interviewed? Any updates?

She just talked about her being a nurse and that she was married and is doing good.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:43 pm

Sharleen always with class and grace

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:15 pm

@Maddy I knew Sharleen likes JPab. I appreciate that she is still subtly defending him. She understands, but is much more diplomatic that he was.

I am going to add my thoughts on the show. I've only got up to the big Clare moment.

I never wanted JPab as the bachelor and he annoyed me in many ways, but despite everything the show and some of the self righteous women threw at him...and maybe precisely because of that...at the end, I was kind of rooting for him and appreciated him sticking it to them. Tonight only reinforced that more.

The way they are editing this GOAT is basically let's dump on JPab as much as we can. I remember watching this show and thinking Andi doesn't care about him, she is just wanting to be the next Bette and she was. (And was just as horrible and arrogant on her own season.) The reason she was p*ssed was because JPab was honest with her in the FS and told her she barely squeaked into the top three. She just said as much. (As did Sharleen who while being diplomatic still seemed to like him precisely because he was so honest and appreciated honesty. Which could be why she was the only one he showed any emotion with when she left.) And then Andi was ticked off because he wasn't upset when she made the grand gesture of wanting to leave. Seriously girl you knew him for a hot minute. I was listening to her droning on and on. Girl loves drama and the sound of her own voice. When they aired it, it went on for even longer. Her pride was hurt. Personally I thought he was pretty respectful to her during the big, dramatic speech. He was a lot more patient with her than I would have been. I could see that he was frustrated that she didn't just shut up and leave since that is what she said she wanted to do, but she had to do her full Bette audition. I was laughing at how frustrated she was that he was ok with her leaving.

Up until this point everything and everyone seemed ok with JPab and this is when his edit turned. IMO by this point he was over it and this is when he told production he didn't want to propose and they did everything in their power to get him to do it...including at the after. The more they pushed, the more he dug his heals in and tptb thwarted never turns out well for the person resisting.

Same thing goes for Clare. She was outraged by what he told her in the helicopter, but in reality that didn't matter because once he told her he could see himself with her and they would have babies ASAP if they got together she was fine. She wanted to know that she was the one. That is not how the show works. Did he string her along? Sure, but that is the show. Every other lead in the history of the show did the same. She only got all p*ssy again when he rejected her and didn't put the ring on her finger. If he had picked her, all would have been fine...as she showed when she was getting ready before the final rose ceremony.

Was JPab insensitive, undiplomatic, ignorant about the show? A big fat yes, but I got tired of them trying to demonize him as if he was the worst man ever. Each one of those women who were so mad at him and his behaviour only got p*ssy after he rejected them! The two that he was the most respectful with...Sharleen and Renee...were IMO at the time, also the most honest with him and I think were the two that he appreciated the most.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:47 pm

@Maddy Thank you for the update! @Sprite Enjoyed your analysis and feel you've nailed probably 90% of what went down. I just remember thinking there was NO WAY And would want JP - he wasn't 'enough' for her. I'll never forget JP telling Sharlene she had mundo, which meant worldliness. I thought that one word described Sharlene so well. As for Nikki and Clare, life is what you make of it. I'm glad Nikki has resurrected her marriage and seems happy. I can only hope the same for Clare.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:54 pm

JP, had some really great girls.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:41 pm

@Sprite thanks, that's exactly how I felt with most of your post except I did want him to be TB. I didn't watch last night because I just knew they were going to beat him down. It's a never ending payback for JPG for not doing what they wanted him to do. And yet his season brought in the viewers.

The two-hour “Bachelor” premiere, introducing Juan Pablo Galavis and the 27 competing women, drew an average of 8.48 million viewers overall and a rating of 2.7 among key 18-49-year-olds, according to early numbers from Nielsen.

“The Bachelor” was the highest-rated nonsports telecast of the night in the advertiser-coveted young adults demographic, and came in second in total viewership. The episode increased its rating 17% from last year’s opener in the demo and hit a three-year high for a “Bachelor” premiere in both total viewership and the 18-49 category.
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-tv-ratings-bachelor-premiere-juan-pablo-20140107-story.html

and the ever so classy Sharlen who always finds the good in situations. Just love that gal.

https://twitter.com/JuanPaGalavis

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:32 pm

Yup...they want people to be themselves as long as it suits them and if you don't play along they crucify you in the edit. Sadly, many people drink the :koolaid.

My personal theory on edits is that the more they try to shove something down my throat...be that an angelic edit or a nasty one...the less I buy it. TPTB always have an ulterior motive and I never trust them, but then I am a cynic when it come to this show.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:45 am

@Sprite thumbsup Thank you for expressing so well how and why JP has been made the ‘worse Bachelor in history’. On top of that he had the audacity to
disappear and be unavailable to their ongoing trickery AFTER the show, which they always like to take advantage of... Rolling Eyes he was wise to scram and be far from these vultures and has coped with a lot of unwarranted hate for years. You would think that they would leave him alone now, find some kind of retrospective peace offering in looking back, but because of some entitled bruised egos in the form of Andi and Clare etc... they needed to exploit and revive every single little edit that would justify their choice of having Clare being the Bachelorette next. After all these years, to have so much resentment, anger and negative feelings towards JP is speaking more about them than him, and his character. Glad to see Sharleen was fair and loyal at least.
Note that I didn’t watch and knew it would be focused on his character assassination, so chose to not waste my energy, but I’m partly disappointed and mostly not surprised at all, as I had predicted that last episode to be the last chance for them to air their dirty laundry to prepare us for a very dramatic new Bachelorette Clare / Taysha’s season.

JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:44 pm

@Sprite Sharleen didn't like how this season was presented:
Sharleen wrote:... But my “journey” aside, there were several things about this recap that made me wince. It’s no secret that I’ve never hopped aboard the Juan Pablo-hating train, whether or not it painted me as some “strong” or “smart” woman who “saw the red flags” before others did. Watching last night’s recap, it became clear to me that my departure was being used to support that story line. (I’m not sure I’d have been prominent enough to feature otherwise.) But the thing is, that just isn’t what happened.

Though it really wasn’t my intention when I began writing about this show years ago, my recaps have often wound up in the defence of contestants I’ve found wronged or maligned. I’ve spent years parsing what we’re fed by producers versus what I suspect lies a few layers deeper. While I occasionally might get it wrong, I’ve gotten pretty good at it (if I say so myself) and it’s about time I gave that treatment to the person who possibly deserves it the most: Juan Pablo Galavis.

Now, I would never claim to speak for the experiences of others; if other women felt the famed El Bachelor was callous or disinterested and thus worthy of his “worst Bachelor ever” status, then that is their right based on their experience. But what I can do is speak to my experience on my platform.

Be warned: There are many, many unpopular opinions to follow. If you felt last night’s Greatest Seasons Ever episode was a fair or accurate representation of Juan Pablo, or somehow a depiction of female empowerment, you should probably stop reading now.

I’ll start with my own experience…

thebachelorette - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 54 BACH_EpisodeRecap2-766x431
Exhibit A: Juan Pablo gave me the First Impression Rose. (Some behind-the-scenes for you: I was convinced producers had put him up to it and was overthinking EVERYTHING.) It was—no exaggeration—the most surprised I’d ever been in my life and my reaction, while authentic, was not particularly gracious. In fact, it bordered on rude. But this man allowed me to behave this way without judgment. He didn’t allow it to change his mind about me. Based on nothing more than a first impression, he believed in my surprise instead of basing his next move on ego. I later apologized for not having been more polite and he insisted I had nothing to apologize for.

Exhibit B: On my first 1-on-1 date, I knew the kids discussion was going to happen. A producer had already spoken to me about my thoughts on marrying someone with a child (in the context of the usual “So what do you want to talk about with Juan Pablo tonight?”), and I knew it was inevitable. But I remained steadfastly honest that, though the future could hold anything, dating someone with a kid was something I had struggled with in a past relationship. I knew full well it was not what Juan Pablo would want to hear (and certainly not what viewers would want to hear) and that I would VERY LIKELY get sent home for it. But to my great surprise, he not only accepted it, but appreciated it. We agreed it was a bridge that could be crossed if and when it was reached, and he valued my honesty more than the information itself. Many viewers hated us both for it at the time; they called me dumb for being on a season with a single dad, and they called Juan Pablo dumb for giving me the rose. But I remember my heart reeling at that moment, moved that I could actually say what I felt without consequence, but rather unconditional acceptance. That was the moment where things changed for me.

Exhibit C: I told Juan Pablo I was leaving. At that point, I felt pretty confident I was going to get a Hometown and could continue this “journey” if I so chose. (Honestly, I rarely fretted over whether or not I was getting a rose—to have that level of confidence in a situation that breeds a sense of competition speaks volumes to how he made me feel.) Once again, I said something he didn’t want to hear. Not only that, it was a clear rejection. Yet he was gracious and understanding. He made it as easy as he could for me (yes, by telling me “it’s OK”), which simultaneously made it harder.

From the first night, it felt like he saw past the bullsh*t, saw past the permanent smiles. He realized that everyone there—himself included—had something to gain by saying the right thing at the right time, and he actively fought against that powerful current in every decision he made.
and more here:
https://www.flare.com/bachelor/bachelor-greatest-seasons-ever-episode-10-recap-juan-pablo-sharleen-joynt/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1599593242

I loved it!
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:57 pm

^^^The full version of Sharleen’s blog is worth the time it takes to read! She just gets it!
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Yup. What I said. Clare was fine until she was rejected. I only wish Sharleen had ventured on the Andi goodbye conversation...basically the same as Clare. When she knew she wouldn't be picked all of a sudden he is an a** and no doubt producers had tempted her with her own season.

This is what makes my blood boil...trying to turn 2 ticked off, rejected women and make then into symbols of women empowerment when all they are are two angry, pi**ed off, hurt and humiliated women striking out at the guy who dumped them...under the premise of a show where that is what he is supposed to do! The hypocrisy of it is just mind blowing to me.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 55 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

+41
MiniDiva
Brill
timfan
Dutchy23
leavers