SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ElonM Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:51 am

mbl wrote:Here’s the full 14 minute discussion between CH and Rachel Lindsay about Rachael.

A whole lot of deflection and bullsh*t he's spewing.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by lightredemption Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:52 am

Ok, but why is CH acting like 2018 was sooooo long ago? He makes it sound like this is something Rachael did decades ago as opposed to very, very recently when there was plenty of awareness about stuff like this. Extremely accessible via social media which was very much alive and kicking in 2018. You can't keep moving the goal posts - if something like this happens in 2023, you can't then go 'oh but it happened 3 years ago so we should be forgiving!' I can understand this argument if we're talking about 10 years ago or pre-twitter but 2018???? JMO.
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:28 pm

@gabriele thank you for the clarification. I remember that post now that you brought it forward but for some reason I thought she was "recruited" by TPTB.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Bachelor fans are fed up! A petition has been started to remove Chris Harrison from the Bachelor Franchise: link to sign petition

And, for those of use who are not watching the Bachelor Franchise anymore there is a new hashtag #boycottthebachelor. There is also a graphic from Reddit that can be shared but I’m not sure if I can post it here. Here it is on Twitter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:01 pm

Bravo :claphands

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:19 pm

It sounds like Rachel is planning to leave behind her work with the Bach Franchise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topazgold Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:51 pm

JMO ~ @gabriele good for her!!!

She’s got enough pots on the stove so she won’t go hungry.

Now they can get a non-POC to step up and tackle their diversity issues within the franchise.

Topazgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:18 pm

I like Chris H., and I don't want him removed from the franchise. I do think he could have handled this interview a whole lot better -- he's usually smarter than that. He should have stopped with, Rachael should address this first, and I will address it with her at a future time.

It gets back to vetting of cast members. The series really has dropped the ball with certain cast members in the past (i.e. Lee, Chad.) The producers picked some really stellar POCs for Matt's cast. But I questioned their selection of Victoria right from the get-go. I refuse to believe, in a season with a record number of applicants, that Victoria was the best villain they could come up with. A good villain should have some positive qualities to at least partially offset their negative qualities. If Victoria had positive qualities, they were "left on the cutting room floor."

As for Rachael, it's mind boggling that the show would not have been more sensitive to potential racism in a season with a POC lead. You would think they would have been extra careful in their casting. I think this is something that does need to be addressed. It seems that some questions could and should have been raised by her Instagram feed. If the fans could find it, the producers should have been able to find at least some of that.

If some fans have had it with the series, I get that. A lot of hopes were pinned on this season. I do keep in mind that they got it right with Tayshia.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:31 pm

@Amethyst TPTB should count their lucky stars that Tayshia 'fell' into place as a backup Bachelorette! However, they should have gone ALL OUT to cast Matt's season as the goal for the first man of color should be to have a stellar season. If I were ABC, I'd give the producers a serious talk. This reflects on the network as well as the Bachelor brand. Plenty of women wanted 'in', they had a very good looking, educated and caring lead. But they cast such a young group of women - and then had several with glaring issues that just derailed the entire season thus far. I remember Jillian's interaction with Stephen Stagliano, who was at least 5 or 6 years younger. They had fun together and chemistry. It was a far more believable coupling than some of the alleged finalists with Matt.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:54 pm

@Norcalgal The issue this season wasn't just about the cast, the producers also dropped the ball. They chose to focus on DRAMA..There were so many amazing women but they chose to keep adding women like buffet instead of digging deep into the present. Pieper and Kitt also commented on this during their BHH interview.. The producers chose to ask these women about the drama instead of highlighting their strengths... I almost feel like they tried to sabotage this season with their antics..  I am almost hoping and praying they don't choose Abigail as Bachelorette, the producers are too messy for her sweetness..

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 pm

Obviously the producers can't assure that the lead is going to fall in love as intended.  Matt - to me - has been kind of flat - unable to carry on an interesting conversation.  That's maybe where the producers let us down - did they know much about Matt ?  Were there other leads that might have been better suited to the role ?  So far he hasn't seemed to be too turned on or inspired by the girls - or at least so we've been shown -- so he seems kind of just dragging along til it's all over.  Maybe something will begin to bloom - but by this time a lot of us are fed up and tired of all the other stuff.  There's no excitement building as to a possible love match.  Even if it is Rachael (which I am doubting) - their coversations are stilted - body language doesn't seem there... Aside from Claire - and Tayisha to some extent, the producers seem to refuse to show us the fun, romantic parts.  Maybe there just wasn't anything there  ....   but if there was --  it's time !!
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:50 pm

https://twitter.com/RealitySteve/status/1359678740192763904?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+71
Jaybird
AEF
Eagle Eye
2observe
FLChica