SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 51 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BachelorNation - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by suzq Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:39 am

I know the interview was supposedly about Chris defending Rachael -- however, he really seemed to be projecting his beliefs and values into it. He went on about it a lot longer than he needed to. It felt very personal to him more than about Rachael IMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

BachelorNation - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Emeralds Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:40 am

I love that all the ladies posted the statement and specifically mentioned their support of Rachel. I don't know how Chris stays on as host. Imagine the next WoC or MoC that's lead having to fool with him.

Pictures have surfaced of both Jess (Ben's fiancée) & Hannah B. at antebellum-themed parties.

https://mobile.twitter.com/teaandroses21/status/1360043845665370123

Emeralds

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:45 am

@Amethyst Maybe he didn't give anything positive about Rachel K because she is the potential F1... Maybe he is trying not to give a potential spoiler.  jmo

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:50 am

I think with all these drama, the network might overcompensate by choosing a person of color as the next Bachelorette. I dont see Katie as the next Bachelorette.. I wish they had shown more Bri's content.. In my opinion,, Abigail or maybe Michelle are the next potential Bachelorette.. we shall see. JMO

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:53 am

suzq wrote:I know the interview was supposedly about Chris defending Rachael -- however, he really seemed to be projecting his beliefs and values into it. He went on about it a lot longer than he needed to. It felt very personal to him more than about Rachael IMO.

I had the same impression. His responses wandered quite a bit in a way that didn't do him *or* Rachael any favors. IMO it would have been best if he acknowledged people's feelings on the matter, and if he mostly stuck with "I think Rachael needs to address this first, and at the proper time I will address it with her." I also think he might have said something positive about her and her time on the show.

Ruqibabe wrote:@Amethyst Maybe he didn't give anything positive about Rachel K because she is the potential F1... Maybe he is trying not to give a potential spoiler.  jmo

I considered that, but I think he could have said something nice about her without giving away the ending.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:55 am

Ruqibabe wrote:I think with all these drama, the network might overcompensate by choosing a person of color as the next Bachelorette. I dont see Katie as the next Bachelorette.. I wish they had shown more Bri's content.. In my opinion,, Abigail or maybe Michelle are the next potential Bachelorette.. we shall see. JMO

While I acknowledge Katie's positive qualities, I'm on the fence about her as the potential Bachelorette. I love Abigail, but to me she's another Desiree. I loved Desiree's season, but many fans did not.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:28 am

Rachel Lindsay Sounds Off on Chris Harrison’s Problematic ‘Extra’ Interview and Apolog‪y

Van Lathan and Rachel Lindsay discuss the interview Rachel did with Chris Harrison for 'Extra' and how it relates to Rachael Kirkconnell’s situation on ‘The Bachelor’ (0:30). Then Van explains how Van Jones texted him about the last 'Higher Learning' podcast and why Van Jones needs to take a better look around (43:00). Finally, Van and Rachel answer some mailbag questions (1:13:00).

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rachel-lindsay-sounds-off-on-chris-harrisons-problematic/id1515152489?i=1000508690832

ETA:

https://youtu.be/ln36XeP7qaQ
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19231

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:04 pm

Tayshia's guys are speaking up too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMrUzzptnY/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19231

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:21 pm

@bluwavz That is so cool that Clare & Tayshia’s guys put out a statement too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:46 pm

I think it would be forward progress if the show would start vetting for racism (sexism, etc.) Make a statement that you won't tolerate it moving forward and do the vetting process. Stop giving problematic cast members a platform. It's a shame that a season that was specifically meant to celebrate diversity has been brought to this.

At this point I'm not in favor of a pile-on for either Rachael or Chris. But the show as a whole has got to use this as a learning opportunity and do better moving forward.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:05 pm

@Amethyst YES... Questionable characters need to stop being given a platform. The Victorias and Racheal need to be sent home immediately they are discovered. So many women on this season were not given the grace to shine because the producers gave problematic folks maximum attention. Its such a shame.. JMO

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:08 pm

While I don’t disagree with you, Amethyst, “vetting” for racism isn’t fool proof. They can only vet those who have outwardly displayed racism by word or deed. But you can’t vet someone’s inner thoughts and feelings.

I am hoping this controversy raises awareness and prompts important conversations. But I don’t expect TPTB to move the conversation forward in any significant way. Individuals have (Rachel L., Ivan and racheal, e.g.) and can move the conversation forward more powerfully and convincingly..
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+71
Jaybird
AEF
Eagle Eye
2observe
FLChica