SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 61 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BachelorNation - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 61 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sdmom Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:48 pm

CHO wrote:I think both Rachel L and Chris H could have handled the interview differently.  Chris H was representing the producers/network etc - so he should have been more careful in what he said, regardless of how he felt personally.  In my opinion - from what I have read over the years - Rachel has been upset for a long time.  She has sounded hurt and angry to me for quite a while.  She has now found a platform for expressing that hurt - and this is all fine.  Perhaps if there had been more patience on both their parts - more give and take - more kindness - then there could have been a better outcome to the interview.  Maybe more learned and less resented.   I don't pretend to know everything that has gone on betw Chris H and Rachel L - but she did meet her husband through the program - and I believe Chris H married  the couple in a wedding paid for by the franchise.  It seems a shame that the outcome of all of that - had to be this.  Right or wrong - we are all learning - and we all have made mistakes - and it takes time.  The producers - and Chris H are certainly entitled to feel the way they do - and produce the show they want to produce imo.  And Rachel is certainly entitled to feel the way she does.  Chris H grew up in a different time (he's 25 yrs older than most contestants)  - and in a particular area of the US.   I am in no way excusing the attitudes - maybe those attitudes are not right - or not fair - but change takes time.  Sometimes a lot of time.  Chris' mistake was letting his personal feelings be aired publicly in behalf of a show.  But I wonder what the purpose of the interview was.  Rachael K's past was discovered.  Maybe the franchise knew - most likely they did.  Rachael K and others live in our country ... I personally don't agree with her past views (whatever they are now) but watching the show I have gotten no indication of her views on the show so I haven't been offended.  Should she not be allowed to be on the show ?  Is it not up to Matt to decide who he  thinks he wants?  Is it Chris H's - or Rachel L's  for that matter - position to take a stand on Rachel's apparent views ?  The show seems to be showcasing several nasty girls - who are assuming/accusing/calling out and trying to get others to join in with them.  Alot of us are tired of seeing all the bickering and hatred.  Why is the issue betw Chris H and Rachel L occurring now - outside the show ?  Haven't we had enough ?  Chris H - in my opinion - has been a great part to the franchise. We've had our laughts about his pre-set comments every episodes but he has served as the on show confidant and helped contestants see the error of their ways on the ATFR show.  He has seemed to celebrate the love when it happens.  He has seemed to be well - liked.  I personally hope he will be back.

Bolded part: not true. CH was not in their wedding. The franchise did not pay for their wedding.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

BachelorNation - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 61 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by 2observe Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:21 pm

CHO wrote:I think both Rachel L and Chris H could have handled the interview differently.  Chris H was representing the procers/network etc - so he should have been more careful in what he said, regardless of how he felt personally.  In my opinion - from what I have read over the years - Rachel has been upset for a long time.  She has sounded hurt and angry to me for quite a while.  She has now found a platform for expressing that hurt - and this is all fine.  Perhaps if there had been more patience on both their parts - more give and take - more kindness - then there could have been a better outcome to the interview.  Maybe more learned and less resented.   I don't pretend to know everything that has gone on betw Chris H and Rachel L - but she did meet her husband through the program - and I believe Chris H married  the couple in a wedding paid for by the franchise.  It seems a shame that the outcome of all of that - had to be this.  Right or wrong - we are all learning - and we all have made mistakes - and it takes time.  The producers - and Chris H are certainly entitled to feel the way they do - and produce the show they want to produce imo.  And Rachel is certainly entitled to feel the way she does.  Chris H grew up in a different time (he's 25 yrs older than most contestants)  - and in a particular area of the US.   I am in no way excusing the attitudes - maybe those attitudes are not right - or not fair - but change takes time.  Sometimes a lot of time.  Chris' mistake was letting his personal feelings be aired publicly in behalf of a show.  But I wonder what the purpose of the interview was.  Rachael K deb's past was discovered.  Maybe the franchise knew - most likely they did.  Rachael K and others live in our country ... I personally don't agree with her past views (whatever they are now) but watching the show I have gotten no indication of her views on the show so I haven't been offended.  Should she not be allowed to be on the show ?  Is it not up to Matt to decide who he  thinks he wants?  Is it Chris H's - or Rachel L's  for that matter - position to take a stand on Rachel's apparent views ?  The show seems to be showcasing several nasty girls - who are assuming/accusing/calling out and trying to get others to join in with them.  Alot of us are tired of seeing all the bickering and hatred.  Why is the issue betw Chris H and Rachel L occurring now - outside the show ?  Haven't we had enough ?  Chris H - in my opinion - has been a great part to the franchise. We've had our laughts about his pre-set comments every episodes but he has served as the on show confidant and helped contestants see the error of their ways on the ATFR show.  He has seemed to celebrate the love when it happens.  He has seemed to be well - liked.  I personally hope he will be back.

Rachael was hosting an entertainment news show.  It was her job to ask questions about current news in the entertainment communities.  Chris had no excuse for his behavior in that interview, imo.  He's had many years to learn about the affects of racism in America.  Why didn't TPTB have Rachael talk to Matt about her past racist behavior on the Show???  If Rachael had been upfront with Matt, and let him know that she has since changed her position on racism, I don't believe people would have reacted so harshly.  I also want to know WHY Rachael applied to be on the Show when she has participated in racist behavior.  TBH, this post sounded an awful lot like Chris H's interview, imo.

Last edited by 2observe on Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the word "know" and other corrections)
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:58 pm

Just curious, before all this controversy aside from people who live in the south,how many people knew what an Antebellum party even was? I didn't and maybe CH didn't either. just saying.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:14 pm

Antebellum means before a war

FROM GOOGLE:
The answer: Antebellum means “before a war,” and the term has been widely associated with the pre-Civil War period in the United States.
Enslaved African people made up a large portion of the southern population. The Antebellum South (also known as the antebellum era or plantation era) was a period in the history of the Southern United States from the late 18th century until the start of the American Civil War in 1861.
Because of slavery and many other human rights abuses, this era is found offensive to some Americans, especially African Americans, than the adjoining Victorian Era.
t's really something. That's the major problem with the antebellum aesthetic: It was built on the backs of slave labor. While the original term wasn't offensive, "antebellum" as we use it today glorifies a painful period in our history when Black people were enslaved by white people.

SHORT ANSWER TO A LONG HISTORY

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:27 pm

@Jolena I had no idea what that was.

But I can guarantee you I didn't comment on anything until I had a full understanding of what it was and what it signifies.

CH seems to think "50 million people" have attended those types of proms. CH said he has seen stuff on SM, tearing this girls life apart. (Can't even begin to express how that statement infuriates me) CH said it was ok in 2018, so he knows exactly what he was talking about.

If he didn't know then he should have been informed before commenting. IMHO.

@sdmom thank you for bringing the facts.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:38 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@Jolena I had no idea what that was.

But I can guarantee you I didn't comment on anything until I had a full understanding of what it was and what it signifies.

CH seems to think "50 million people" have attended those types of proms. CH said he has seen stuff on SM, tearing this girls life apart. (Can't even begin to express how that statement infuriates me) CH said it was ok in 2018, so he knows exactly what he was talking about.

If he didn't know then he should have been informed before commenting. IMHO.

@sdmom thank you for bringing the facts.

What I don't understand is, If the south is aware of exactly what this party represents then why aren't the people who are organizing it and running it being held accountable or stopped from doing it all together. It's a fact that the younger generation are always looking to party every chance they get especially in their high school and college years. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:40 pm

Jolena wrote:Just curious, before all this controversy aside from people who live in the south,how many people knew what an Antebellum party even was? I didn't and maybe CH didn't either. just saying.
CH is from Texas so I’m sure he knows what the Antebellum South is and what a plantation is. Having an Antebellum or plantation-themed party is racist.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Jolena wrote:snipped

What I don't understand is, If the south is aware of exactly what this party represents then why aren't the people who are organizing it and running it being held accountable or stopped from doing it all together.  It's a fact that the younger generation are always looking to party every chance they get especially in their high school and college years. jmo

This is what millions of people, Rachel included are speaking out on along with a whole host of other issues. Why are there situations where people are not held accountable for their actions, and others get away with murder, pun intended. Why does TPTB consistently cast people like Lee Garrett Chad Johnson Garrett Y Rachel K to name a few, and haven't been held accountable.

Some schools have banned it, SCMIIW

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@Jolena I had no idea what that was.

CH saying it was okay in 2018 Imo is CH saying that prior to George Floyd and the BLM movement, even Charlottesville “things were fine” and now people are “woke” and everything is an issue. That’s why his blazay blah statement 50 millions (outrageous) as a throwaway comment as to what’s the big deal. She’s a kid give her a break was the Absolute worst. He didn’t care because none of it bothers him.

Guess what? I care. Why? It’s not because I’m a Black woman. I care more because I’m human and I care about people. There’s a history in America of non people of color minimizing the feelings of POC, minimizing the history of the African American people and the horror they endured as an enslaved people, as a disenfranchised people, and on and on and on...

So excuse me, if a televised reality show means more to some than trying to understand why certain things have to be called out and dealt with, even if it means the end of a gawd damn show.

You know what else is also appalling in this country? It’s the whitewashing of the history books and what they teach in schools.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:43 pm

@Idlemess Don't forget the native Americans. That is an issue in Canada as well.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybird Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:48 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Jolena wrote:snipped

What I don't understand is, If the south is aware of exactly what this party represents then why aren't the people who are organizing it and running it being held accountable or stopped from doing it all together.  It's a fact that the younger generation are always looking to party every chance they get especially in their high school and college years. jmo

This is what millions of people, Rachel included are speaking out on along with a whole host of other issues. Why are there situations where people are not held accountable for their actions, and others get away with murder, pun intended. Why does TPTB consistently cast people like Lee Garrett Chad Johnson Garrett Y Rachel K to name a few, and haven't been held accountable.

Some schools have banned it, SCMIIW

@GuardianAngel @Jolena
From personal experience, I had never heard about the concept of an antebellum party until those pictures of Rachael were posted, and I’ve lived in a southern state almost all my life. I as well as my high school friends went to colleges all over the southeast. I’ve never heard or seen a friend mention or post pictures on SM about this kind of thing, neither recently nor back when we graduated decades ago!

However, Seeing how it was easy to discover 3 examples of people tied to this show who have attended this type of party, it’s clearly happening and it’s disgusting. At least now that it’s exposed, all I can say is sunlight is the best disinfectant. If young people are kind of riding along for the party as you mention, @Jolena, and aren’t bothering to think about what they’re tacitly endorsing then let this be their wake up call.

Jaybird

Female Posts : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:54 pm

I never heard anything about that either. Who knew.

BachelorNation - Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 61 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+71
Jaybird
AEF
Eagle Eye
2observe
FLChica