SELECT CONTENT

Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  Empty Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:31 am

As a longtime fan of Art and Matilda I never thought the day would come when I’d not want to post in their fan thread, but I will never consider myself a fan of these two ever again and to say I am disgusted and disappointed by them both is an understatement. From listening to their last podcast which they were forced to take down by their podcast company of them talking about this pandemic and when I heard Matilda and Art saying they believe Covid19 is a hoax (after my sister died from Covid19 two months ago and her kids lives have been broken forever!!) I cannot even find the words. Absolutely appalled and disgusted by what I heard and then they both doubled down on it along with being antivaxxer as well as clearly racist view when I also came to find out that Art had dressed in Black face and he was talking about it in the podcast how it’s wrong that people think it’s not okay to wear Black face?! That he as a white man should be allowed to?! Disgraceful and racist. I wish I never invested any of my time in either one and I just pray they never have to experience losing a loved one to this pandemic.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  Empty Re: Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion

Post by Bobette Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:09 am

@AllAboutLove Thank you for the discussion thread.  I wanted to comment on this when I read about their podcast interview with Pete Evans (an Australian, and a complete dickhead, IMO) who they described 'very knowledgeable guy' whose views were 'taken out of context and sensationalised'. no no

Their IGs have been flooded with messages of outrage and disappointment and I think they will have lost the respect and support of many over this.  Promoting a natural, healthy lifestyle is one thing but spreading misinformation and downplaying the seriousness of COVID-19 is quite another, IMO.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.  console
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  Empty Re: Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion

Post by AEF Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:21 am

Hi AAL, I am so sorry for your loss and for the grief you and your family are experiencing that must be indescribable.

Agree there are no words to describe Art and Matilda's beliefs, just to go ahead with the action and unfollow.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:00 am

This is shocking! I never got around to watching their season, but I really liked Art as host on The Bachelorette.

I actually saw a lot of support in the comments (the usual whining about freedom of speech). Maybe they deleted some critical comments.
Art answered one comment with saying “Science is a journey” to which I can only reply: Sure, but let real scientists lead the way, not hacks with a following from reality TV. no no
I had to unfollow.
JMO

@AllAboutLove I am so sorry for your loss.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:45 am

@blueblues Yeah I think the harshest comments have been deleted.  Art and Matilda have both posted that they took the podcast down not because they realise Pete Evans is a delusional whackjob but rather for the sake of their own mental health, which I take to mean they still believe everything that was said, they just can't handle the backlash.  

Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  EKPugbN

Source

Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  QARCNYs

Source

Also worth noting that Pete Evans was fined by the TGA for claiming his "light machine" could be programmed to treat COVID-19.  So which is it Pete?  Is it a hoax, or something real that can be treated with your $15K rip-off lamp?  If Art & Matilda are going to defend him and promote his ideas they'd better get used to being judged accordingly IMO. no

Last edited by Bobette on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:15 am

@Bobette Treating COVID with light? That sounds familiar, but it can’t be discussed here I guess. Rolling Eyes
So he is an anti-vaxxer, conspiracy theorist and also a quack. Great company!
JMO

This is statistics for Art: https://socialblade.com/instagram/user/art_green
The site doesn’t work for Matilda.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:22 am

Thanks @blueblues - so it's lost them over a thousand followers already.  

Art:

Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  6HCceXz

Source

Matilda:

Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  PvBZHEC

Source

Probably not a huge concern when you have 100K+ but the damage to their reputation will stick IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:01 am

Oh wow! I don’t follow the NZ franchise closely, but IMO this couple have always come across very well prior to this, but that statement from Art is awful! It smacks of damage control, but poorly done.

Pete Evans is a quack of the highest order, and no one should listen to a word he says IMO, and featuring him on their podcast was a very poor choice.

@AllAboutLove I’m so sorry for your loss, I hope you and your loved ones are all managing as best you can. As a health care worker it makes me so angry when I see people being cavalier COVID 19
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:36 am

@AllAboutLove My deepest condolences to you and your family. What a tragedy.

It makes me so angry when I hear this kind of stupidity. If covid is such a hoax then why have so many people lost their lives and so many become sick? Time to get back to basics in schools and teach proper science.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:12 pm

I’m sorry for your loss @AllAboutLove

These are trying times and we can only pray that we will see this through with God’s blessings.

2020 for me is a year of reflection. Not just with ourselves but with others. A lot had unfolded and has come to light about how some people really are; what they think and how they behave.
It’s been remarkably how many are showing their true faces and are now not ashamed or afraid to do so. It speaks to the current political climate (I won’t get into it, but you know what I mean).

It’s one thing to admire and praise the good people do, but I’ll never hold anyone person(s) above another. What’s in the dark will eventually be uncovered in the light.

Art and Matilda perhaps are those who feels extreme privilege and entitlement, and have lived their lives as is. Seems they are anti science and perhaps bias in their views on different topics and cultures. I guessed Art did find his true mate since Matilda echoes the same sentiments as he.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:26 pm

@AllAboutLove So much to process with your post. First, your sister - I am so sorry for your family and especially her children. You've seen firsthand the havoc and grief this disease brings.
I can only imagine your surprise and hurt in discovering what Art & Matilda think about COVID and vaccines, in general. In due time, true colors of everyone are usually revealed. We lose a bit of our innocence when someone we admired turns out to be ... not so admirable.

Focus on your family - they need you now more than ever. Big hugs to you.  Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  1f497  Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  2764 Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  2764  Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion  2764

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:59 pm

On Art’s IG it seems like if there were any negative comments they were deleted. Lots of positive comments about the podcast, some say he shouldn’t cancel it or apologize for his views.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Art and Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - General Discussion

+6
Sprite
Dirty Street Pie
blueblues
AEF
Bobette