SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:37 pm

@Norcalgal I read about the rolling blackouts. It must be horrible. Years ago I was in California and they were have rolling blackouts. It was so hot!

We have been having unusual hot weather the month of August, well into the 90's for a long stretch day after day. I never complain about the heat but it's hot!

I can't imagine not having a/c. Stay cool everyone!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by Norcalgal Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:33 pm

If you could send your collective positive thoughts to those of us in wine country CA, we need them. So many wildfires and we are under Evacuation Warning. Smoke is very thick. Last night when it was dark, we could see the red glow of the fire in the distance.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:45 pm

@Norcalgal What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 2 3552228123 Best wishes. Hope everyone is safe!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:28 pm

@Norcalgal I have been reading about the fires today. It's so heartbreaking to see the images. I trust you will do whatever is necessary to keep you and your family safe.

Stay safe everyone, follow the evacuation orders. I am praying for everyone affected. sad

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 2 3552228123

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:10 pm

@Norcalgal stay safe! There is a fire in my area that I saw at the beginning from my porch thankfully not too bad where we have to evacuate. This fire was started by some random guy but when the temperature is in the 100's not surprised when there are fires here. hmmm

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 2 8367-910 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 2 I_got_13 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 2 E5kqdm15 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 2 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:05 pm

@Linds911 We're safe but it's very smoky. Hope you are too and the small fire is O-U-T!

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:46 am

Just a quick update to share that it’s been a real nightmare here in North California and it makes me understand even more what many places in Australia felt last year. Although the actual fires have not been directly threatening my town, we are in the pocket where all the winds push the air towards as we’ve been having AQI ( Air quality index) that are hovering  between orange ( unhealthy for sensitive group) to red ( Unhealthy) and now they’re forecasting VERY unhealthy ( purple) for Saturday and maybe more... I am staying inside as much as I can, have my air purifier working on max. and pray for the end of this hell. I know that many have lost properties or even evacuated and it’s horrifying to see and know the magnitude of this crisis. We are in the top of the polluted places in the world right now... not a great place to be.
here is an interesting link:

https://www.iqair.com/earth?nav

*edited*
Stay centered and healthy everyone!

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Opinions vs facts)
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:59 am

I've been thinking a lot of everyone in the US affected by fires and it sounds so familiar to what we experienced in Australia. The sky, the smoke affected so many more people here than were directly affected by fire itself and it seems that's the same over there. It's so bad. I was reading on a local area FB group today that someone asked our local firies if there was a contingent headed over to help out and apparently a team were prepped, briefed, and ready to go and then it got called off last minute. Mostly due to Covid. It sucks that we can't return the favours that were given to us because of all the Covid restrictions.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:45 pm

@leavers So sweet for you to think of us and want to return the assistance we provided AU earlier this year during your cataclysmic fires. As I told my friend in Sydney, AU is being extremely helpful to wine country as the protocols for testing smoke impact in grapes and wine were developed by you. Also, more smoke impact tests have been done in AU that in any other area which provides reference points. Sad that is why I am thinking of you.

I always say we have to help each other - it can take many forms but you always feel good when contributing to others. I went to the dentist for the first time last week and the hygienist told me she had to choose child care over robust zoom school instruction. She's a single parent and needs to work. Her daughter previously received child care after school before COVID. Now she has her in a daycare situation - they set her up before a computer but no one is there to mentor her and encourage her. I want to go back and find out where she is and volunteer to work with her and any other kid whose parents have to make the unfortunate choice between school and work.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:45 am

To the countries that observe Remembrance Day :

https://twitter.com/RoyalCdnLegion

The USA - Veterans Day

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 2 Veterans-day_0

https://www.hfcc.edu/news/2019/what-veterans-day-means

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends. We all have a lot to be thankful for even though we've all had a challenging year. Please stay safe.

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 2 Happy-Thanksgiving-2011

Source

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:41 pm

2020 is tough!
But I am thankful for:
Health
My older son got engaged! Wedding next summer.
Younger son graduating from college next month and has a great job offer already

Everyone stay safe!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

+13
Fleurdesel
MiniDiva
Jolena
justcallmegranny
albean99