SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 07, 2023 9:41 pm

I saw a video (which I very rarely watch anything negative or upsetting) of shoppers hiding in a bathroom. I wish I never saw it.

I'm sorry @albean99 that it was so close to you.

I can't imagine, especially young children going through that and the family and friends living with the loss.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by Norcalgal Tue May 09, 2023 5:56 pm

It's like mass shootings are little mini wars going on with weapons that were designed for big, serious wars. What cowards use these weapons on innocent people? If you have so much hate, use with someone who is expecting it - in a real war, not one borne of personal desperation.

I could go on and on about the need for community with disaffected people. The fact this person was released from the army after 90 days for poor mental health is a statement on the irresponsibility of the military. We need to care for those with amental health crisis just like any other health crisis. But if a person doesn't have access to health care or a caring community, where do they turn? When was the last time you reached out to someone you knew wasn't well? We need to walk the talk.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:44 am

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/wellness/calgary-stampede-men-got-hooked-up-to-a-period-pain-simulator-couldn-t-handle-it-videos/ar-AA1dGsF6?ocid=socialshare&pc=U531&cvid=66ecc38003d1414acaf2688c1d1f33e6&ei=107#image=1

It won't imbed for me.

From the Calgary Stampede. There are a couple of videos...oh my. rofl

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:12 pm

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 3806527698 that's hilarious!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:51 pm

It is incredibly sad to keep up with the tragic fires across North America and beyond.

Sometimes I can't read a whole article or look at all the pictures because my heart truly aches.

May those who lost their lives, RIP and for the families, to somehow find strength in the daily tragedies that won't stop. Your world is in shambles right now and I pray one day at a time you can get through these difficult times.

I know some of our members and guests might be affected, I'm thinking of you all.
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 3552228123

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:17 pm

I have cousins who live in Kelowna and the surrounding area but everyone is safe. I feel so bad for all the victims, those who lost their lives, their property, their business (for them and employees), and everyone else affected by the fires in Canada and the U.S. and of course anywhere else in the world where they're happening. I hope everyone can be safe! PINKHEART

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:39 am

I grew up in the Okanagan, spent much time with my cousins at their place in West Kelowna. We still don't know if their house is safe. My cousin is RCMP and his wife a nurse and administrator at the many clinics and retirement homes around. Both are staying in their trailer in a safe parking lot so they are available for their shifts/schedules. So far no deaths at the fires in Kelowna, West Kelowna, Okanagan County, just north of Kelowna, Shuswap

The fire went from this:

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 20230817190848-e350191fc7d3f2f51110f3571ba6c14c83cc6d820fb987ea06af5d63d6a86f40
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 YHRUVY5z2njnGYFCMeaO3yxgkgXilrup3GGGWvcBeoc
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 Mt-law-fire-ron-j-hole-pic
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 Mcdougall-creek-wildfire-CTV

to this in a matter of just a couple of hours and was ranked as firestorm rank 5

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 ICMVVQFGQVD2VAZXHSM4GWWIQQ
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 Kelowna-wildfires
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 33651283_web1_230818-WEK-mcdougall-creek-friday-mcdougallcreek_5
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 Mcdougall-wildfire

So far only 50 homes/buildings were burnt down but they can only access the very close ones to the major highway as the rest of the area is too much of a hotspot areas and fires are re-sparking so can't get into that area yet.  Then there is also the fires around Shuswap lake. There were 2 that are now joined up into a massive complex blaze.

Lake Okanagan Resort - in West Kelowna and one of the historic 5 star resorts on Okanagan lake  first one is how the resort looked before the fire, second one is after the fire.

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 LOR_RESORT_051
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 Okanagan-lake-resort
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 15 Lake-okanagan-resort-img_7289

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10788

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:05 am

@Aunties_Love Thank you. Wow. Such devastation, but at least everyone is safe. I hope they get some downpours to get things under control.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:18 am

Sprite wrote:@Aunties_Love Thank you. Wow. Such devastation, but at least everyone is safe. I hope they get some downpours to get things under control.
What they are kind of worried about today though is if the winds shift and get huge again as they are projecting over the next 48 hours due to storms moving in. What's also happened in that region lately is that there is dry lightening with no rain with it. We don't have a lot of pics out of Shuswap yet but no one is able to get into it yet so we do know that the burnt homes are going to go into the hundreds around that area.

Kelowna, there are 3 housing developments that the fires went straight through so there is likely to be a lot more added to the tally in the next few days. What broke my heart today though I was watching the news on it and there was a 13/14yr old boy sitting down in the middle of the road into one of those developments crying that his home is gone. He just wants to go home.....He ripped my heart out of my chest with that one......this teenager acting like a little boy crying unconsollably.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:33 am

@Aunties_Love I can't even imagine. Hopefully those winds don't whip things up even more and they just get a good amount of rain.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:48 am

In the grand scope of things there are over 30,000 that are without a home right now, either because they have been put on evac orders or lost their homes entirely. Again, we have no idea of what's going on at the Shuswap lakes. Apparently there is no home left at the lakeside right now in some regions and that will go into the several hundred. There are full communities with businesses/gas stations that are totally gone.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:09 pm

So tragic. Thanks for sharing those pictures, Auntie’s Love. I’ve been following Jillian Harris IG stories where she gives frequent updates on Kelowna. The community is really pulling together to help those who’ve lost homes. I know first hand what it’s like living through the chaos of wildfire 2017, 2019 and 2020 in Wine Country. Even for those who still have a home, life is suspended. You are waiting and waiting for normalacy. It can take months and years.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

+13
Fleurdesel
MiniDiva
Jolena
justcallmegranny
albean99