SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 39 of 48 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:28 pm

@leavers I wasn't paying close attention but I do recall Timm went from ~400 followers to 140K by the end.  So yeah... a poor result all round for this lot - shows how little interest there was in the girls IMO.  Adam is the only winner from those stats IMO.

ETA:  @butterflylove Alisha's dreaming if she thinks there's usually less interest in the boys - Ciarran & Timm got huge numbers.

Preshow, September 23:

Bobette wrote:Sick of waiting for TPTB - found another one on my own.  Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 3806527698  

Grotty Hair = Timm Hanly from Vic.  thumbsup

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 NOAEWoL

Source

Source

Postshow, 26th November:

Bobette wrote:Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 38F9NlN

Source

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by leavers Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:46 am

There's definitely no break out stars. People would have had to have been watching for that to happen laugh out loud

eta if anyone from Ten or Ten's atmosphere are reading: if Brooke Blurton is single next year, she HAS to be bachelorette. She's a proud Aboriginal woman, she's beautiful, she has a real job. No more bland basic white girls please, and I say that as a bland basic white girl myself.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1341

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:56 am

Thought I should rip the band aid off and finally watch the last 2 episodes.  I'm 14 minutes in to ep 9 and my snark meter is already off the charts.  

Frazer's Mum: "Obviously I'm concerned that you've previously been on a reality show, The Bachelor, so do you see these programs as a pathway to more opportunities on TV, or are you really here looking for love?"

Elly: "Lorraine, the most important thing for me in life is just to be happy.  I don't care about money..."

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 RekWpWt

Source

"... I don't care about fame..."

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 LoY6p57

Source

"I am here to find love."

via GIPHY

Don't know if I can make it through the remaining 40 minutes of her BS.  laugh out loud

ETA:  I made it.   Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 2498057887

Elly's fake tears were not convincing.  Adam is a sweetheart but wouldn't make a good Lead - he could barely string a sentence together at the end of his HTD bless him.  Adrian is acting.  Frazer is disinterested.  This season is awful.  On to the finale!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:00 am

I did it.  After three attempts over two days I finally got to the end.  Thoroughly boring, uncomfortable viewing and a complete waste of a season IMO.  Some SCs to accompany my parting thoughts:

This sums up Elly and Frazer IMO.  Her leaning in, practically forcing herself on him (I'm the Lead you have to kiss me!) while he shrinks into the corner looking like he doesn't want to touch her.

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 DzYsIwh

No idea WTF this face poke thing is and he looks like he hates it.

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 Sw68sJ2

This sums up Becky and Adrian IMO.  She just looks so completely, utterly awkward all the time. He looks like a Hen's Night stripper who's being paid to show her a good time and not let on he's being paid.

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 JtQlUwc

While this looks like some kind of hostage situation...

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 0lsnE1W

As for Pete, when the Lead says "if I'm honest I'm like, does Pete really like me?" TO PETE, and Pete dodges the question, and would rather bump foreheads than kiss, he's made it pretty clear he does not want to be F1, IMO.

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 GEgZvkr

The fact that she still chose him after that conversation is on her IMO.

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 Leivf6I

And the ugly crying.  OH GOD the ugly crying.  I realise it takes special skill to look good while crying, but editors please, you are not dong these girls any favours here and we certainly could have done without this...

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 JNqDBtd

... and this...

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 PrfmPYg

... and this and this and this...

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 P7hchgW

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 HnkSVdL

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 JRlWVoQ

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 PocXSCq

I didn't see a single real tear from Elly, nor even know what they were crying about most of the time.  Rolling Eyes

Anyway, just glad to have made it through this atrocity.  I hope Elly has found the viewer feedback enlightening and realises she is perhaps not the catch she thought she was, though with her ego I doubt it.

And finally a special mention to the fall guys of the season, who both looked utterly miserable at the FRC...

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 FlFrOpX

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 UxW4MEC

... other than when they hugged each other.  

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 EfkzmUG

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 XKgq5Ld

Seriously the most genuine and romantic screenshot of the season right there.   Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 3806527698

Source: Tenplay
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:20 am

Lol.
Becks looks relieved actually...

So who were the winners this season? Was this the worst season ever?

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:28 am

No winners IMO.  

The F1s got prizes they didn't want and contractual obligations up the wazoo.  The other contestants got 2 mins of airtime, a handful of new followers and no invites to Paradise.  Viewers got a boring season and bombarded with product placements.  Ch 10 got the lowest ratings ever.  Joe got used as an emotional crutch and theatrically dumped to satisfy Elly's massive ego.  Osher got a wake up call about the importance of his role (totally expendable, IMO). And Becky probably got PTSD.  laugh out loud

ETA:  Wait, I got it, SPORTSBET are the winners, as always!  Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 39 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:31 am

Idlemess wrote:Lol.
Becks looks relieved actually...

So who were the winners this season? Was this the worst season ever?

Absolutely. This season made the previous "worst season ever" (Ali's, in terms of ratings) look good. And even though Ali's season took the ratings low(ish), social media engagement remained high and it's why Ten stuck with it through rumours Bachelorette would be cancelled after Ali, despite the numbers technically not being there. It still appealed to it's target demographic in high, highly engaged numbers.

This season still did okay with demos (probably says more about tv just dying generally - of course younger people are watching that show more than any other show on TV because most TV doesn't appeal to them anymore), but social media engagement was low in numbers and energy and the ratings were abysmal.

They need to really rethink their casting strategy if they thought Elly and Becky were a good idea. Unless, of course, they were prepared for this season to be awful because of Covid.
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:15 am

COVID is no excuse IMO.  Same format with a decent Lead could have been great!  Better than a usual season in fact because with less expenditure on travel they could have had more intimate dates and focused on the relationships.  

But no.  The glaring flaw with this season was there weren't any genuine relationships IMO, other than the pre-existing one with Joey, who got stomped on.  It's abundantly clear the other guys were simply not into the girls IMO.  

The scene where Becky was crying about whether to pick Adrian or Pete was awkward to watch because it was obvious neither guy wanted to be with her anyway, IMO.  I don't know what's worse - if she realised that, or she didn't.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:39 pm

Bobette wrote:COVID is no excuse IMO.  Same format with a decent Lead could have been great!  Better than a usual season in fact because with less expenditure on travel they could have had more intimate dates and focused on the relationships.  

But no.  The glaring flaw with this season was there weren't any genuine relationships IMO, other than the pre-existing one with Joey, who got stomped on.  It's abundantly clear the other guys were simply not into the girls IMO.  

The scene where Becky was crying about whether to pick Adrian or Pete was awkward to watch because it was obvious neither guy wanted to be with her anyway, IMO.  I don't know what's worse - if she realised that, or she didn't.

It's no excuse (the US has made a good season), but I feel like Ten are no ABC (US). They clearly don't know how to get around situations like Covid (couldn't afford or couldn't imagine booking out a whole resort and quarantining everyone) and/or don't have the budget for it.

I feel sorry for Becky yet also don't. She's a grown woman who could have said no or thought better of it but wanted the cash from the payment leads get. She either knew she wouldn't be that appealing or she found out the hard way, and that's got to be difficult, but - she could have said no.
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:27 am

Are they no one in australia who is interested in being on this show? Someone like a big name star or anyone remotely interesting enough to be a lead for sakes!

What about Bridgette from the footballer's season?

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:32 am

@Idlemess Do you mean Brooke?  She'd be a possibility if she's still single IMO.  TPTB need to address their diversity issues and the complaints won't stop till they cast a non-white Lead IMO.  Not saying that's all Brooke's got going for her, but TPTB will be looking to "tick that box" soon, IMO.  Another good option could be Tenille, if she's up for it.  She's HOT (and not blonde!)
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:53 am

My issue with Brooke is the bisexual part. Not that I have an issue with it on a personal level, but the lead needs to go one way or the other. I just can't see it working for the Bachelor franchise if the lead swings both ways. There are other shows that cater to that and from what I have briefly seen, they are an even bigger mess than this show. There is a level of sleaze that I will not cross and that would be venturing into Kardashian territory for me...No go zone.

I am finding that the more outrageous the producers try to be with this show...see this season... the bigger the mess it is and the less and less I enjoy it. I know they think they have to out do themselves every season, but at a certain point it loses the essential appeal of the premise. I guess I still want at least a little bit of romance and a tiny dash of reality in this dumpster fire. I'm probably in a losing battle. no idea

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 48 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 6 - Elly and Becky Miles - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+20
Sprite
Norcalgal
Idlemess
Genevieve Australia
LoveDovez
LeapofFaith
butterflylove
dorkasauras
bachie.bachie
Bachbee
Agent99