SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 22 - FRC - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 36 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheBachelorette - Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 22 - FRC - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 22 - FRC - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by appiah01 Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:58 pm

pavalygurl wrote:I understand Sharleen and everyone's disappointment that no ATFR was filmed. Or any follow up for that matter.

I want to say that I live in LA and things are serious here.  So many folks are following the guidelines and yes everyone is having quarantine fatigue.  But, all we have done to this point can be wiped out by the exponential explosion of cases which is happening.  Yes, I miss traveling back east to see family and friends, we all do.  But I don't think a tv shoot, even one we love as much as The Bachelor franchise is worth even one more person needlessly contracting this virus.

One of the things Robert Mills mentioned is the crew and producers have literally been away from their families for months because they had to quarantine for Tayshia's season and then go straight into Matt's so he thought it would be too much to ask them in mid to late December to pull together one more thing. He said everyone would see Tayshia and Zac together and happy on social media and post-show interviews so it really wasn't necessary. I get it. This has to have been an exhausting feat for everyone involved in actually pulling it off in the middle of a pandemic.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

TheBachelorette - Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 22 - FRC - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 22 - FRC - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ReneeM Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:58 pm

I don’t disagree with the criticisms Sharleen had. But then she did the same thing she’s criticizing the show for. If she enjoyed Zac & Tayshia’s relationship over the course of the season, & she said that’s her favourite proposal, then why not have that be the focus of the recap instead of all the things she didn’t like? Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:12 pm

I like Sharleen and always enjoy her writing but I agree that this particular recap was so pedantic and most of her negative points came down to simple nitpicking.

- I don't think the show suffered from Tayshia not having a CH sit-down or a more extensive intro. The general audience has largely found her ending satisfying which very rarely happens. And even despite that; they had to pull this off in the midst of a pandemic in abrupt circumstances
- Yes, we could have had a more detailed understanding of what happened between Tayshia and Ivan but does anyone really think their main issue was religious differences? As Sharleen herself states, she wasn't going to pick him anyway. Also, anyone else just over that topic after Peter's season?
- And her point about Ben was sooo pedantic. I think she's usually more aware that yes, parts of this show are contrived and will always be contrived.
- I do think the show could have included an IG video (or something similar) of Z&T at the end but also: eh
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:51 pm

luvstx wrote:snipped...
and has anyone answered the question:  Did Zac know he was the only guy at the FRC?  Don’t think it would have made a difference but just curious.

This and did she answer why she took Ben back? I haven't watched all the vids or read all the articles, but the couple of times she was asked, she kind of skirted the question.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:20 pm

I sorta loved the way this season ended–letting the love speak for itself. The beautiful, heartfelt outpouring of the FRC felt like witnessing a wedding more than a proposal. When they drove off in their adorable little taxi, I smiled through the tears at the ways that life can bring love out of heartbreak, something so many have felt in this unbelievable year. Maybe I'm overlooking the practicality behind the choice, but it felt like the unusual ending recognized that this season will always stand separately from any other in franchise history.

Seasons like this one are rare treasures, not to ever really be repeated even if they try. I’m so glad that the love story was at the heart of it all. PINKHEART PINKHEART PINKHEART
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:34 pm

veg_out wrote:I sorta loved the way this season ended–letting the love speak for itself. The beautiful, heartfelt outpouring of the FRC felt like witnessing a wedding more than a proposal. When they drove off in their adorable little taxi, I smiled through the tears at the ways that life can bring love out of heartbreak, something so many have felt in this unbelievable year. Maybe I'm overlooking the practicality behind the choice, but it felt like the unusual ending recognized that this season will always stand separately from any other in franchise history.

Seasons like this one are rare treasures, not to ever really be repeated even if they try. I’m so glad that the love story was at the heart of it all. PINKHEART PINKHEART PINKHEART

So true. It is the reason I keep watching and slogging through seasons that are a mess...just hoping that something magical will come out of it.

In psychology it is referred to as intermittent reinforcement since you don't get reinforced (in this case get a true love story), every season. The effects of intermittent reinforcement last much longer than those of continuous reinforcement where you get the outcome every time and get bored more easily.

https://www.alleydog.com/glossary/definition.php?term=Intermittent+Reinforcement#:~:text=In%20behaviorism%2C%20Intermittent%20Reinforcement%20is,the%20desired%20response%20is%20performed.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:07 pm

https://youtu.be/_phBKaU2sZE
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:27 am

It was truly magical, @Sprite. Alongside Reid's return at Jill's FRC and Chris' sincere love for Des at their proposal, this one goes down in the books as one of the most genuine and truly beautiful moments shown, imo. Their love during that proposal was palpable-seen, heard, and felt. Do I really want to watch another season after that beauty?

This season sometimes reminded me of Ashley's season because the love story was in front of our noses–it was hard to believe at times. The edits though did arc like arrows following a trajectory. It made me wonder if TPTB will put the love story first when there is a real one.

Maybe some of the meandering edits and hijinks that obscure the F1 some seasons tell instead the story that real love really wasn’t at play, i.e., the lead wanted many people or didn’t know what s/he wanted or unrequited love played a role. In those cases, the show tells that story complete with all the curveballs, and the F1 sorta comes out of nowhere. Credit again to Claire and Tayshia for knowing what they were looking for, making the storytelling easier :-)

While I do think Tayshia felt strong attraction to Ben (that comeback kiss!) and Brendan, I think things started to focus for her with Zac after their 1:1. TPTB then knew they had a love story to tell after seasons of nothing at all.   PINKHEART

Last edited by veg_out on Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:23 pm

@veg_out "Seasons like this one are rare treasures, not to ever really be repeated even if they try"

Love what you said and 100% agree. Almost a privilege to invest my time in watching them. It's why I originally started with this show so many years ago.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5308

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Austen Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:44 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
luvstx wrote:snipped...
and has anyone answered the question:  Did Zac know he was the only guy at the FRC?  Don’t think it would have made a difference but just curious.

This and did she answer why she took Ben back? I haven't watched all the vids or read all the articles, but the couple of times she was asked, she kind of skirted the question.
I believe in one of the interview Zac said he didn't even know that normally the last two guys were to show up..that was how clueless he was about the show.. I think when he turn up he believed that he was the last man standing and it was not a matter of Tayshia choosing between him and another man , but rather whether Tayshy reject him or reject his proposal.when he was asked if he though Tayshia was rejecting him when she paused with the" l love you but..." He said he was confident in what they have though the possibility of Tayshia rejecting wasn't completely out in the woods..or something to that effect.

Jane Austen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 22 - FRC - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+46
Kels0012
emiusacska
cupcakes
terrypat
Linds911
chasus71
ReneeM
limoncello
philphan
lightredemption
Billysmom