SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 4 of 66 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

KJShow - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by butterflylove Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Enough wrote:Interest for this show must be going downhill fast. Nothing from gossip magazines or Daily Mail.

I'm hoping now MAFS has finished airing and there's been a lot of focus on that throughout the media, Bach news/gossip/sluething will start to pick up. Though I'm not surprised we haven't gotten too much, especially with the mansion more isolated (a good/bad thing for 10/us 😂).
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

KJShow - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Agent99 Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:11 pm

I'm wondering what the filming schedule is - whether it is still covid restricted or relatively back to normal.  Osher posted 3 days ago at the mansion, so they are still there.  They've been filming for 7 weeks, so it must be close to HTDs maybe?

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:34 pm

Nice pick up @Agent99  yes

I'm guessing it's definitely shorter than usual.  It doesn't take much time to prepare a series of picnics on the beach ( Rolling Eyes ) and no international travel would shave a few weeks off.  I doubt they did any interstate travel for HTDs either with the ongoing risk of borders slamming shut at short notice so could be wrapping up very soon IMO.

This is the least interested I've ever been in a season.  I assume TPTB thought shutting out the paps to limit spoilers was smart but I think they'll find it will backfire spectacularly.  No contestants have been revealed in the media except Holly (which proves they get their info from us, IMO) plus a couple of articles about boring dates.

TPTB needed something good after Elly & Becky but there is no hype about this season whatsoever.  no no  At least Locky had the "novelty" of corona and the lockdown zoom dates.  Twelve months down the track I think it's safe to say the novelty has well and truly worn off.  I'm expecting this to be the lowest-rating Bach season yet.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun May 02, 2021 4:37 am

I just looked at Locky's announcement post and compared it to Jimmy's. [eta on FB]

Yes, Locky's has been up for over a year, and I can't tell when the reactions (ie likes, loves, etc) happened but the vast majority of comments were made at the time and in a timeframe comparable to Jimmy's. You can sort by new; the oldest is 27 weeks old and the next poster (who made several comments at once) is 31 weeks; all the older ones, other than a spam post, are from before the show started airing.

Locky's post has 41k comments, 535 shares, and 18k reacts. Jimmy's has 5.3k comments, 88 shares, and 3.3k reacts.

I dunno, really seems like their 'spoilers reduces ratings' thing is probably not going to bear out. Seems spoilers in the media = interest.

But what would I know? I'm just a viewer who right now has no interest at all in watching the show if I don't know anything about the cast or what's happening on the season. HINT HINT to those media and network people we know watch this forum.

i will enjoy watching the trainwreck from afar if the ratings are the worst they've ever been though!

(I have pics but I've deleted them)

Last edited by leavers on Sun May 02, 2021 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Sun May 02, 2021 5:00 am

Everything about Masterchef this season is not working Casting- not good. Editing - really bad. Rating appalling.
Hopefully The Bachelor is better

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 02, 2021 9:44 am

@leavers thanks for the stats. What a difference!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71504

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun May 02, 2021 11:44 pm

@leavers I agree that spoilers create interest, however I think part of the difference is also due to the fact that Locky was already known by the public due to his previous tv stint. I believe Jimmy is an unknown.

Frankly he doesn't do much for me and I don't have much interest in watching. I will give it a go in the hope that he will prove me wrong, but I am not counting on it.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bachie.bachie Mon May 03, 2021 7:03 am

Hi guys it's been a while! I think Locky had a lot of momentum; he was announced as the Bachelor literally the morning after his elimination from Survivor aired. I know myself I commented and tagged my friends on the post... it was juicy because on Survivor he had been in a bit of a showmance (so people thought he was actually in a relationship) and then he was announced as the Bachelor. It was also exciting because we'd seen him on TV literally 12 hours earlier. Jimmy doesn't have any of that, hence why myself and so many others didn't take much note of his announcement.
bachie.bachie
bachie.bachie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Mon May 03, 2021 7:09 am

Also they chose the absolute worst picture of him for the announcement... it was so strange. He is quite a good looking guy but that picture in front of the plane is terrible.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Mon May 03, 2021 7:13 pm

Vjeff wrote:Also they chose the absolute worst picture of him for the announcement... it was so strange. He is quite a good looking guy but that picture in front of the plane is terrible.

truly. And so many people are just going to look at him and think 'meh' and move on, they're not going to bother googling to see more pics.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed May 05, 2021 3:34 am

I'll be interested to see if Sportsbet still spoil F1 night 1.  I always assumed they had direct links with production but the fact that they haven't even had the usual state/age/hair colour markets makes me wonder if they relied more on paps.  Or maybe they're just as jaded with this season as the rest of us laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Fri May 21, 2021 1:23 am

Thanks to TPTB locking down all the social media we have nothing to work with :headbanging but apparently it’s Matty and Laura’s “Bachieversary” today, so if they’re running to a similar schedule FRC has either happened or is imminent, let’s hope we get some rogue contestants soon to raise some interest and drop some breadcrumbs
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 66 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+26
KatydidC
Jane Austen
Knowsarose
Stiletto
Loulou
LeapofFaith
dolcimumma
LukeBlueKoala
catalyst
Finch
mercieme