SELECT CONTENT

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Contestants ~ Spoilers

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Contestants ~ Spoilers - Page 39 Empty Re: Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Contestants ~ Spoilers

Post by Thomigirl Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:17 pm

(Raises her glass of Kool-aid) :koolaid wine I take reality TV 'personas' with a grain of salt. I don't know them in real life, nor can even begin to psychoanalyze choppy, drama filled edits. With that said, I've been watching reality shows long enough and been on this board long enough to pick up some sleuthing details where I can see beneath the 'Hollywood' lens to get a glimpse of personalities. Perhaps it is for this reason that I can read what Jeremiah tweets and posts on his FB board enough to discern that he's been done a disservice by this show. I can't wait for the show to be over so that the contestants can speak out without constraints. Bubba, while he may be a nice man is being force fed and apparently digested as the perfect man...and the perfect man for Paige. Body language tells a lot and edit or no edit, the connection appears stronger with Jeremiah.
We know he is an articulate person BY THE INTERVIEWS HE'S GIVEN OUTSIDE OF THE SHOW so I'm sure his communication skills are A-OK. We've heard contestants state that he wasn't the only one scuffling that night (with Lil Shaun), yet HIS behavior was shown...suspect? Why yes, I'll take another sip of my sugar sweet drink...yummy girldance
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Contestants ~ Spoilers - Page 39 Empty Re: Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Contestants ~ Spoilers

Post by RealityEscape Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Chacharo wrote:Thanks all y'all Jeremiah lovers for being respectful of my opinions. I realize that they don't necessarily go along with the majority of posters watching SHA this season. :shy:

Just so y'all know, I live on 5 acres in the middle of rural Kansas, surrounded by farms, with a horse in my barn and 4-wheeler in our equipment shed. The nearest town is approximately 1,000 population. I grew up in small town America, while my husband was growing up on a farm not far from where we live now. He is as rugged and country as any guy around here. Much to my chagrin, he is not a cowboy and he doesn't like to ride horses, but I didn't marry him for that anyway. :Smiley:

I don't know these people, except from what I've seen on my television screen. What I have observed and noticed is that Paige is an articulate, mature-acting woman who has some experience with life's ups and downs and mistakes made when we're young. She seems very comfortable in her tv situation and at least is able to act poised even if she is scared to death all the time. Jeremiah seems more tongue-tied and seemed very uncomfortable talking to Paige's friends - even to the point of rambling without answering their question. He isn't very poised for someone who has been on a musical tour (didn't he mention that to the friends?). I also am having a problem with him swinging at Big Shawn and his explanation to Paige of that action. That's wasn't very mature - I don't care where you grew up or live!

Those are a few of the differences I am seeing on my screen anyway. Relationships and marriage are hard enough without having that large of a gap in communication skills. It's really maddening to be a "communicator" (which I think Paige is) and being married to a quiet, less-articulate, and hard-to-verbalize-feelings kind of guy. :gotcha:

Do I wish the best for them? Sure I do! Do I hope Bubba is the next lead? Absofrickinlutely! I'll probably hate all of his women. :giggle:

You write very well! and have much patience to keep trying to logically show the reasons for your opinions. I like Jeremiah but I admit I oohed to when he said Shut Up several times and went at Shawn. But he is also very sweet, compassionate and kind other times. Bubba's maybe a little too confident for me, BUT that's editing too. I've noticed they are bringing that up a bit now and didn't in the earlier shows.

I suspect Jeremiah may be quite a good communicator when he isn't talking about personal feelings. Remember he was the one that asked the friends "how does Paige view all this - is she serious" and combine that with rumors that he was told she was telling "similar things to other guys" it might make one frustrated and confused. That's a good question for a fellow to ask who is thinking about very serious feelings.

Now you can help me with something I've wanted to know. What is the difference between a horse farm and a horse ranch tool I run across that issue every so often - not quite sure what is appropriate. The USDA deals with this when they are doing their livestock censuses. Some horses are considered on a farm and some aren't. It may also be a regional trend.

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:37 pm

JMHO What I focus on is the current status of a couple's relationship post show. Because most of the time anything we see unfold during the season was filmed months ago. I ask these questions: Are they still together? Did they break up? Is this for show? Usually with the Bachelor couples these answers are pretty much the same. They have been going through a rough path, they are not together now, they split, and the list of doom and gloom goes on and on.

So when I look at how Jeremiah and Paige have been doing post show it gives me hope that true love can come out of a reality show. To my knowledge they are in love and happy. This is according to Paige herself through tweets and Facebook updates.

I respect everyone's opinion here, but I am glad that this season actually produced a genuine love story. Again these are just my opinions.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Love_Me wrote:JMHO What I focus on is the current status of a couple's relationship post show. Because most of the time anything we see unfold during the season was filmed months ago. I ask these questions: Are they still together? Did they break up? Is this for show? Usually with the Bachelor couples these answers are pretty much the same. They have been going through a rough path, they are not together now, they split, and the list of doom and gloom goes on and on.

So when I look at how Jeremiah and Paige have been doing post show it gives me hope that true love can come out of a reality show. To my knowledge they are in love and happy. This is according to Paige herself through tweets and Facebook updates.

I respect everyone's opinion here, but I am glad that this season actually produced a genuine love story. Again these are just my opinions.

:yes: I agree
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Oh, and apparently Jeremiah has a LiveChat on the SHA FB at 4PM on Wednesday. He posted this on the SHA page.

I have no idea if he meant 4EST or 4C. I'll hazard to guess he meant 4 Central time since he lives in that time zone. I'm sure they'll post something about it on the SHA page as wednesday gets closer.

It'll be "interesting" to read some of these comments from viewers and himself.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:14 pm

I love Jeremiah and wish him and Paige a very Happy life together because they deserve it
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:19 pm

RealityEscape wrote:
You write very well! and have much patience to keep trying to logically show the reasons for your opinions. I like Jeremiah but I admit I oohed to when he said Shut Up several times and went at Shawn. But he is also very sweet, compassionate and kind other times. Bubba's maybe a little too confident for me, BUT that's editing too. I've noticed they are bringing that up a bit now and didn't in the earlier shows.

I suspect Jeremiah may be quite a good communicator when he isn't talking about personal feelings. Remember he was the one that asked the friends "how does Paige view all this - is she serious" and combine that with rumors that he was told she was telling "similar things to other guys" it might make one frustrated and confused. That's a good question for a fellow to ask who is thinking about very serious feelings.

Now you can help me with something I've wanted to know. What is the difference between a horse farm and a horse ranch tool I run across that issue every so often - not quite sure what is appropriate. The USDA deals with this when they are doing their livestock censuses. Some horses are considered on a farm and some aren't. It may also be a regional trend.

I honestly don't know of any official definition of a farm or a ranch, but here's what I kind of always thought they mean - farm is probably referring to land that is used primarily for crops while ranch is probably a term where the land is used to raise livestock (horses or cattle). I think our neighbor does both - has crops and raises cattle and he probably refers to his land as a farm. That's where we buy our beef and to tell you the truth, I love watching the little calves this time of year and yet feel a little guilty knowing that I will be frying up a hamburger someday from that cute little buggah across the road. Hugesmile

ETA: Why are we wondering this? Is it because Jeremiah calls himself a farmer and Bubba is a rancher? I haven't really paid any attention to that because I don't care what any of them do. I actually liked Big Shawn - maybe not for Paige, but I liked his quirky personality and liked the way he "changed" during filming and became friends with the country guys.
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Chacharo wrote:
RealityEscape wrote:

I honestly don't know of any official definition of a farm or a ranch, but here's what I kind of always thought they mean - farm is probably referring to land that is used primarily for crops while ranch is probably a term where the land is used to raise livestock (horses or cattle). I think our neighbor does both - has crops and raises cattle and he probably refers to his land as a farm. That's where we buy our beef and to tell you the truth, I love watching the little calves this time of year and yet feel a little guilty knowing that I will be frying up a hamburger someday from that cute little buggah across the road. Hugesmile

ETA: Why are we wondering this? Is it because Jeremiah calls himself a farmer and Bubba is a rancher? I haven't really paid any attention to that because I don't care what any of them do. I actually liked Big Shawn - maybe not for Paige, but I liked his quirky personality and liked the way he "changed" during filming and became friends with the country guys.

Oops sorry about that - I actually wanted to know more because of stuff I do at work - I should have pm'd you on that. I do know ranchers at times don't want to be called farmers - Bubba refers to Jeremiah as Plow Boy IN FUN on his tweets so that may be his preference too. Yet some livestock owners call their places farms. Guess it goes back to the old days and water rights. I'll PM if I have more off-topic questions!! And agree on Shaun - I think we all so enjoyed the personalities this season. That's why I hope SWA avoids emphasizing the drama and then they can keep getting better casts than shows like B/B that have lost the way.

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:23 pm

^^ uh... Totally OT, but what exactly is SWA??? I know SHA = Sweet Home Alabama. But I've seen people use SWA to describe the show as well?

ETA: Dang it, of course my post will appear on a new page lol. But I didn't want to quote RealityEscape since my question had nothing to do with what was said.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:34 pm

dee wrote:^^ uh... Totally OT, but what exactly is SWA??? I know SHA = Sweet Home Alabama. But I've seen people use SWA to describe the show as well?

ETA: Dang it, of course my post will appear on a new page lol. But I didn't want to quote RealityEscape since my question had nothing to do with what was said.

Half the time I think it's me mistyping and then others re-quoting. For some reason SWA pops in my head! It's easier to hit the W instead of the H because it uses the other hand.

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:35 pm

dee wrote:^^ uh... Totally OT, but what exactly is SWA??? I know SHA = Sweet Home Alabama. But I've seen people use SWA to describe the show as well?

ETA: Dang it, of course my post will appear on a new page laugh out loud. But I didn't want to quote RealityEscape since my question had nothing to do with what was said.

HA, I'm so glad you asked...I wanted to but wanted to play it cool giggling
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderred Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:52 pm

I finally called CMT (615-335-8400) to try to find a way to let our thoughts be known about SHA 3. The first time I was sent to the Viewer Services extension and I got a recording asking me to leave a message which is not what I wanted to do. So I called again and did my best to see if the operator could provide any information and she couldn't. Since it looked like Viewer Services was my only choice I had her send me to that extension again.

And luckily a very nice woman named Melva answered! :Smiley: She wasn't used to giving out their email address so she confirmed that it is --

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So that's where you can send your thoughts, suggestions and complaints about SHA 3.

Mevla was very pleasant to speak with and I briefly told her my thoughts on SHA 3. I told her there were a lot of frustrated viewers on messageboards and Facebook who would like to have a chance to express their views to CMT. She said they do check their emails but we shouldn't expect a replies, which I think is normal. She said she thought their email address was on the CMT website but when I Googled "viewerservices@cmt.com" this comes back -- "No results found for 'viewerservices@cmt.com'." Hopefully that will change.

I'll post this in some other threads to make sure everyone sees it. And I hope someone posts the email address on Jeremiah's Facebook page because I've read they were also looking for a way to contact CMT.
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Contestants ~ Spoilers

+39
rc49ers
Ritaellen
Northstargirl
amowen83
Litta123