SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:10 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I can't help think there will be a lot of disappointed people once this is over.  Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 1f612

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Yikes! The lesbians are going to riot when she picks Darvid

Indeed.  And you just know TPTB are going to be foregrounding the Holly & Jamie Lee connections in an attempt to distract from Darvid who is IMO a very obvious winner.  It feels like there's even more storyboarding going on that usual, especially with Holly.  

Playing the old F1 music over her photoshoot date was deliberately misleading IMO. And as IF they wouldn't have kissed by now!  TPTB has clearly told them to wait till till their first date so they can create another "fairytale moment" which the audience will lap up.

I find the Jamie Lee storyline irritating.  They could easily have hooked up IRL if Brooke wanted to. It seems TPTB wanted to play on the experience of girls being attracted to/ falling in love with a friend, but Brooke turning her down for a man is going to be painfully familiar for some viewers IMO.

So many new viewers will be confused by the ending if they're not prepared for TPTB's mind games. And I do think Brooke is in for some backlash.  She could come out of this looking like one of those girls who kisses other girls for attention but only ever has "serious" relationships with men.

The obvious and fair thing to do would have been to have a follow up series with Holly as Lead and an all-female cast (incorporating a broader range of representation - butch girls where you at!?) but I just can't see it happening, esp considering the low ratings for Brooke so far.

This series is a step in the right direction for visibility and inclusion, but Brooke saying to the girls at the end, "you're awesome but I just want to be friends now" and trotting off with a man is going to shatter hearts and remind many viewers of real-life rejections, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:14 am

Is Scott Morrison doing the marketing for this season or what?  cantstopl

Ratings for this season of The Bachelorette have gone from bad to worse.

But Channel Ten is still insisting the show is the 'most critically acclaimed' season ever despite becoming the lowest rated in the history of the franchise.

In a promo released on Sunday, a voiceover says: 'It's the most critically acclaimed series of The Bachelorette ever.'

'Causing a lot of buzz on social media and the best is yet to come,' the voiceover then adds.

It comes after the second episode of The Bachelorette on Thursday night [to] become the lowest rated in the history of the dating franchise.

The show drew in a dire 345,000 viewers - 52,000 less than its premiere.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:40 am

I thought Brooke was a fan favorite, so why are the ratings low? The franchise has seen a few successes which resulted in marriage so it’s amazing they didn’t capitalize on that.

Perhaps casting is the problem overall for this show and they need to go back to the old format rather than emulate the US version of things. The US show has a broader audience and generates more money. AUS should stick to what worked for them.

Are they able to draw a well liked personality who genuinely wants a relationship?

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:27 pm

https://sodramaticonline.com/2021/10/25/brooke-blurton-reveal-bachelorette-winner/
Please delete if this link/source not appropriate.
Also same site is stating 4 intruders.

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:49 pm

What's the border situation between QLD and WA at the moment?  I have to say I find it hard to believe Mark Mc G would let someone in just because they're someone's boyfriend...

Meanwhile I will be very interested to see if Carissa gets her blue tick.  Either TPTB are leaking stuff to SD direct or it's pretty clear her spoilers are coming from Carissa via Megan M IMO. Suspect
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:07 pm

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Cc91a410
It is possible to home quarantine if I’m reading this correctly and I’m assuming he is vaccinated. Brisbane hasn’t had any community cases that I’m aware of in last 2-3weeks.

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:09 pm

Thanks @Loulou that sounds doable then. yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:36 am

Jarrod Villani, the Executive Vice President of ViacomCBS ANZ, told TV Tonight that ViacomCBS has a strict policy of 'no diversity, no commission'.  

'I think that’s a reflection of the decision taken around Brooke and The Bachelorette,' Mr Villani explained.

'You won’t have a conversation with anyone from ViacomCBS - irrespective of where we’re at in the world - that doesn’t include a focus on diversity and inclusion.'

Source

cantstopl They HAVE to be joking.

TPTB patting themselves on the back and claiming to be champions of diversity after ONE inclusive season following six seasons of whitewashing is like the PM congratulating himself for being a climate change activist after being shamed into reluctantly attending the COP26.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:26 pm

Ch 10 keeps saying Bachelor and Bachelorette are ratings well in demo categories. Note last night episode only have 257K and not rating in the demo categories.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/10/wednesday-27-october-2021.html

Also they knew the contestants are boring that they have to replace 4 contestants with 4 intruders

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:51 pm

Patting themselves on the back after the lowest rating and 1 diverse casting is downright lying. These people have no shame.

Sort of off topic, I was looking to see which season of BIP Alex Bordyukov was on (because he's on BIP Canada) and I came across and article I don't recall hearing about.

He claims TPTB faked a lesbian relationship between Brook and Alex N to make it look like she was talking about Alex N when she was actually talking about him, Alex B.

So yeah, they'll do whatever it takes if they think it will bring in ratings. But, doing the same thing over and over doesn't give you a different outcome.

Source

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:28 am

Interesting that Sportsbet don't have Will's last name listed but does for all the other intruders.  Same with So Dramatic.  Makes me think they're getting their info from the same source.  Suspect Let's see if they update it now that I've posted his last name & IG on his thread.  

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 DZjTHPc

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:51 am

The ratings being bad is sad. Probably shows that the franchise is just dead in Australia, no matter how they try and jazz it up. And yeah, 10 can't even claim it's doing well in its target demo. It's not.

And making it an LGBT+ friendly season will mean nothing anyway if it's just another straight relationship at the end. In fact I'm anticipating backlash. Obviously, being bi it's completely valid for Brooke to choose a man as a partner. It just isn't going to be good optics. At least Darvid isn't Anglo.

Bobette wrote:
Jarrod Villani, the Executive Vice President of ViacomCBS ANZ, told TV Tonight that ViacomCBS has a strict policy of 'no diversity, no commission'.  

'I think that’s a reflection of the decision taken around Brooke and The Bachelorette,' Mr Villani explained.

'You won’t have a conversation with anyone from ViacomCBS - irrespective of where we’re at in the world - that doesn’t include a focus on diversity and inclusion.'

Source

cantstopl They HAVE to be joking.

TPTB patting themselves on the back and claiming to be champions of diversity after ONE inclusive season following six seasons of whitewashing is like the PM congratulating himself for being a climate change activist after being shamed into reluctantly attending the COP26.

i get a different read on that than you. Although I guess it depends on who you count as tptb? I always think of tptb as referring to the producers and the production company, not the parent company of the network. I read this as the parent company of the network having given Ten NO CHOICE but to make the franchise more diverse, or the show will not go on. So Osher can definitely stop taking credit for it, IMO, especially given for years he kept throwing it back on people and saying it was impossible to have an lgbt season.

Oh also, I have to admit I watched the first two eps on catch up and despite meaning to watch this week's live I haven't yet. Will probably watch on catchup but sadly I'm not feeling very motivated to do so. I think the format as a whole is really just very stale.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1341

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+13
PomegranateLotion
Idlemess
Agent99
Finch
HalalSnackPack
Dirty Street Pie
dolcimumma
Dumb
Enough
leavers
Sprite