SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:17 am

@leavers I see what you mean about it being the parent company pulling the AU producers up on their lack of diversity. It's certainly a dramatic shift compared to past seasons.  Osher gets no credit from me either - he's a producer mouthpiece who will spin whatever angle they tell him to IMO.

I agree also there will be backlash and not unjustified IMO.  Hopefully they might do an all-gay season at some point, but realistically for now TPTB probably feel they've "done their bit" for representation and will go back to the status quo next year IMO.  Still can't believe it got renewed TBH.  laugh out loud

Last edited by Bobette on Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

bacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Idlemess Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:02 pm

On the backlash scenario, on IG it was commented about what if Brooke picked a guy and some responded that it doesn’t change her queerness. So whatever that means idk

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:27 pm

Bobette wrote:@leavers I see what you mean about it being the parent company pulling the AU producers up on their lack of diversity. It's certainly a dramatic shift compared to past seasons.  Osher gets no credit from me either - he's a producer mouthpiece who will spin whatever angle they tell him to IMO.

I agree also there will be backlash and not unjustified IMO.  Hopefully they might do an all-gay season at some point, but realistically for now TPTB probably feel they've "done their bit" for representation and will go back to the status quo next year IMO.  Still can't believe it got renewed TBH.  laugh out loud

I think they were overconfident when they renewed it so early. I think they truly thought twitter buzz would translate into winning demos

Idlemess wrote:On the backlash scenario, on IG it was commented about what if Brooke picked a guy and some responded that it doesn’t change her queerness. So whatever that means idk

That is true and she will have some support still, but I still think there will be some backlash. Some people who turned in for the first time might not bother even for another lgbt+ season if they think it won't give them the outcome they're watching to see.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1341

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:26 pm

There will definitely be backlash IMO.  It will disappoint a lot of viewers and some may (perhaps rightly) feel that Brooke's sexuality has been exploited as little more than a plot device.  I am reminded of this interview from when TPTB edited Megan & Thomas in an ad for Bach in Paradise to make it look like she was actually kissing Elora.  The bold is especially pertinent IMO.    

Andre Charadia, director of the Australian LGBTI Media Centre, said while viewers might be aware that The Bachelor series "is all about the tease", criticisms aimed at Ten are justified.

"LGBTIQ people still aren't used to seeing themselves in the media. When that representation looks like it might happen, we get a bit excited - we want to support it with our money and our eyes. When that doesn't eventuate, we feel sucked in, a bit cheated and exploited," he said.

"The main problem with queerbaiting is that it makes LGBTIQ people a plotline, not an integral part of the story... Ten's disappointed a good number of people; people who want the media to do better, and people who felt like they were cheated out of being represented."

Source

Also relevant, the way Brooke's "history making" date with Alexnation was received by many:

Source

Seasoned viewers like ourselves are familiar with the way this show is structured - the Lead pretends to be into multiple people, they're ~ torn with indecision ~ before the FRC because the final two are "just so different".  Next minute they're at the FRC telling them they're in love with them and the day after the finale airs they'll be on the project saying it was always F1 from the start.  

But viewers tuning in for the first time won't know any of that. When Brooke is gushing about Darvid at the FRC and in the media afterwards it may be interpreted that she led the girls on, especially Holly.  New viewers won't know the tricks TPTB use to foreground the F2 relationship, and Holly's edit thus far has been golden, which is going to make her dumping seem all the more brutal.

Added to that is the fact that in real life, many lesbians will have had experience with bi girls who casually date other women but only have "serious relationships" with men.  In my experience, there are lesbians who won't date bi girls because they don't want to get messed around, and I think the ending to this season may remind some viewers of past disappointment and rejections.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:21 pm

That's a lot of good info which I had no idea existed but it certainly is happening. Geesh! I think that's exactly what's happening this season especially with Holly's edit.

I can totally see why many lesbians would not be interested in bi girls.

They claim, look at us we're being diverse, but not really. IMO it's just another story line they can use and abuse to their advantage.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumb Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:54 am

I remeber sportsbet originally having Victoria as the state of the winner, the odds were pretty low I think.
Konrad is from Victoria.
Dumb
Dumb

Female Posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:29 am

Dumb wrote:I remeber sportsbet originally having Victoria as the state of the winner, the odds were pretty low I think.
Konrad is from Victoria.

Brooke moved from WA to VIC last year I think, so if it doesn't work out with Darvid and she needs a mani-pedi...

Last edited by Bobette on Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:56 pm

https://sodramaticonline.com/2021/11/01/bachelorette-australia-2021-cheating-scandal/

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:42 pm

HA!  I did think they looked pretty ~ cosy ~ in their group date photo.  You could drive a bus between the other partners but not these two.  TPTB knew exactly what they were doing when they assigned the teams IMO.  laugh out loud

bacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 UW8R5V1

Source

She's in the screencap of Brooke talking to the crowd about mindf*cks though so that's weird.  Maybe she throws Ryan under the bus and claims it was one-sided?  Her body language in the above photo suggests otherwise IMO.

bacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 41xP51X

Source

Very interesting timing releasing this now just prior to the airing of her single date.  I remain convinced TPTB are leaking stuff direct to So Dramatic and this will cause a few outraged tweets which I'm sure they'll enjoy.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:51 pm

There was also a screenshot or a moment of them cosy at one of the cocktail parties too wasn't there? Or am I dreaming / making that up?
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:03 am

butterflylove wrote:There was also a screenshot or a moment of them cosy at one of the cocktail parties too wasn't there? Or am I dreaming / making that up?

You're not crazy and I reckon I saw a quick flash of them holding hands on the couch at the last cocktail party.  I'll see if I can get a shot.

ETA:  OK no I'm wrong; it was Steve.  laugh out loud   But her whole body is turned towards Ryan and at 52 min she adjusts to be closer to him.  Suspect

bacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 DhAWjzj
bacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 BzOxG6n
bacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 OhQmuHo
bacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 6olxuL1

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumb Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:43 am

bacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 11 Nope10

Source

Well........
Dumb
Dumb

Female Posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+13
PomegranateLotion
Idlemess
Agent99
Finch
HalalSnackPack
Dirty Street Pie
dolcimumma
Dumb
Enough
leavers
Sprite