SELECT CONTENT

Special Forces - World's Toughest Test

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5 - Special Forces - World's Toughest Test  - Page 4 Empty Re: Special Forces - World's Toughest Test

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:50 pm

@alwayscooking thanks again for the recap!

That sounds gruelling! I'd be uncomfortable watching the boxing. I like all sports, except that.

ETA

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnz8KGmuVDI/?hl=en

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

5 - Special Forces - World's Toughest Test  - Page 4 Empty Re: Special Forces - World's Toughest Test

Post by alwayscooking Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:08 pm

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cos3a8lMkmq/?igshid=NmE0MzVhZDY%3D
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:34 pm

Wednesday's episode was day 8, and it started out with Mike P wanting to leave.  He was physically drained, and it wasn't really a surprise.  First assignment was a helicopter extraction.  They had to jump out of a boat, swim to a buoy, and wait for the overhead helicopter to drop a rope down, and climb the rope and get into the helicopter.  Even thought the staff made it look relatively easy, you know it was tough as hell.  First to go was Hannah, she just couldn't get up the rope, and dropped. The climb itself is tough, especially for most women, but add to it the water and wind whipping around from the helicopter being so close, made my hands sweat just watching! laugh out loud  When she got back to shore, the staff asked her what happened, and she said the knot in the rope was just to high up and she couldn't get her feet on it to climb up.  Dwight and Carli went and both failed.  Danny and Gus did great.  

After they returned, Gus started not feeling well.  His chest hurt, was coughing, had a hard time breathing and started vomiting.  They think he may have been stung by something, and was having an anaphylactic reaction.  Needless to say, he was sent to the hospital had to quit for medical reasons.  

Their next assignment was to write a "death letter" to their family and then read it to their group.  Remaining are Danny, Dwight, Carli and Hannah.  They didn't have much in the preview yet, but the last 2 episode are going to be good.  Looks like they leave the base camp for the remaining 2 days and do some sort tactical mission. 

Reality Club Fox on Instagram has some pictures and clips from the show.   

https://www.instagram.com/realityclubfox/

There's one video of a woman, not sure who she is but she's assessing who will be there at the end, and she's picking Hannah.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:19 pm

@alwayscooking wow that's insane!!

Your IG post wasn't showing up for me. I think I fixed it. If that's not what you originally posted, let me know.

There is a story that shows some clips of the challenges in that link, reality club fox. Holy cow!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:29 pm

Those that are left, even the top 6, should consider themselves all winners. Mike Piazza at age 53 and the Mooch at age 58 lasted quite long in the competition and I applaud them. Gus had to quit by default but I think he'd be at the end if he hadn't had a medical issue. What is impressive is Hannah, no athletic training - a pagaent girl by default, is one of the top 4! Can't wait to hear her wrap-up and what she has learned about herself from this. Her letter was the least sappy, IMO, which shows you she hasn't had as much life experience as the other 3. Couldn't believe that our NBA player has 5 children!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:40 pm

Yes, @GuardianAngel, that's the clip!  I have no idea what I did but thanks for fixing it.  

I agree @Norcalgal, those that are left should be proud of what they've accomplished.  I too am so impressed with Hannah!  She's tough, not just physically but mentally.  So many cave under those types of conditions, as we have seen, they look for any excuse to quit, instead of trying to push through.  (Spears comes to mind)  Hannah hasn't complained about any of it, I like that.  Danny doesn't either, and Mike didn't, Mike was always positive and supportive of his teammates.  Out of all of the cast Hannah and Danny and Mike have been my favorites.  

I know this show has received some criticism because it's belittling to actual Special Forces, but  people need to understand the course is only "based" on what some of their actual training is.  I like that there is no money or prize at the end, just the honor of having done it.  I don't watch any television shows anymore, (not even The Bachelor laugh out loud) but I will say I've really enjoyed this.  I started watching because of Hannah, I jumped in late, had to go back and watch the earlier episodes, but I would watch this again.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:25 am

I don't understand how this could be belittling to actual Special Forces. They explain in the intro that these challenges have been modified from the real training exercises. Any idiot should realize that they are not going to force celebrities to do the actual training since the people who do that are younger, in great shape and have gone though boot camp already.

For me it just emphasizes how grueling the real training must be, since this modified version is pretty harrowing. It takes a special person to do this kind of work and I am impressed by the celebrities who have managed to get this far in the modified version. I would be a hundred times more impressed by the real special forces and can only marvel at their skill, drive, determination and sacrifice!

IMO this is like an giant advertisement for the special forces. It may peek interest in the field. I wonder if their enrollment numbers will go up after this?

I have really enjoyed this show. Other than a few of the early dropouts...Kate and the chef...I have been pretty impressed by the cast. Hannah in particular. She is not an athlete and as a pageant girl is about as far from special forces as you could get, but she has done extremely well. She always gives her all and has been very kind and supportive to everyone. I hope this gives her the confidence to go for whatever she wants to do in life. No matter how she finishes, she should be super proud of herself!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:38 pm

What has impressed me is how supportive a spouse or partner of a special forces officer has to be. Your loved one can be called at any time and can't say where they are going and for how long. Living with that uncertainty is not easy. I'm only assuming that some of the staff are married as several wear wedding rings.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by pikake Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:11 pm

Sprite wrote:I don't understand how this could be belittling to actual Special Forces. They explain in the intro that these challenges have been modified from the real training exercises. Any idiot should realize that they are not going to force celebrities to do the actual training since the people who do that are younger, in great shape and have gone though boot camp already.

For me it just emphasizes how grueling the real training must be, since this modified version is pretty harrowing. It takes a special person to do this kind of work and I am impressed by the celebrities who have managed to get this far in the modified version. I would be a hundred times more impressed by the real special forces and can only marvel at their skill, drive, determination and sacrifice!

IMO this is like an giant advertisement for the special forces. It may peek interest in the field. I wonder if their enrollment numbers will go up after this?

I have really enjoyed this show. Other than a few of the early dropouts...Kate and the chef...I have been pretty impressed by the cast. Hannah in particular. She is not an athlete and as a pageant girl is about as far from special forces as you could get, but she has done extremely well. She always gives her all and has been very kind and supportive to everyone. I hope this gives her the confidence to go for whatever she wants to do in life. No matter how she finishes, she should be super proud of herself!

This show has truly been amazing! I sit there with my hand over my mouth at some of their frightening tasks. You’re right, other than Tyler Florence who I love as a chef, and Kate, the rest of them I’ve enjoyed as they support each other and find the courage to keep going. Kudos to Hannah, what a brave young lady, and I’m sure it will have raised her confidence level for anything else in life. It’s not just the absolutely terrifying tasks, but also their living conditions. I’m afraid I’d never get past trying to sleep on the cot, being dirty and eating crappy food! giggling I will just continue to enjoy it from the comfort of my couch! :yes:

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:14 pm

@pikake I'm with you there. Forget all the horrifying things they have to do out in the field, the living conditions would have been enough for me. I always say...I'm not a camping type of girl,  I'm  a cruise and European vacation kind of girl. Give me my basic comforts and some delicious dessert!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:10 pm

Norcalgal wrote:What has impressed me is how supportive a spouse  or partner of a special forces officer has to be. Your loved one can be called at any time and can't say where they are going and for how long. Living with that uncertainty is not easy. I'm only assuming that some of the staff are married as several wear wedding rings.

There's a movie, Act of Valor, I believe it came out in 2012, I highly recommend watching if you haven't seen it.  It's about a group of Navy Seals that go on  a mission to bring back a kidnapped CIA agent, it also goes into some other things but I don't want to spoil the story.   The movie does touch on what it's like for the family of a Seal member.  The other thing that's so unique about the movie is they actually have real Navy Seals as actors in the movie, so everything feels authentic.  Not all are Seals, some are real actors, but when you look at the credits, they're just listed as "Mike", (or what ever name) no last name, no pictures of them.   There's a couple scenes, I'll post a link to a video, if anyone wants to watch, but you see how they move in the water without being seen or heard, it's crazy!  Another scene, where they're doing a "hot extract", that is so realistic, it's insane.  They talked the directors into using live ammunition because it was the only way to have it look real.  

alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:49 pm

@alwayscooking thank you for sharing the movie info.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Special Forces - World's Toughest Test

+4
GuardianAngel
chasus71
Sprite
Linds911
8 posters