SELECT CONTENT

Special Forces - World's Toughest Test

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

specialforcesfox - Special Forces - World's Toughest Test  - Page 5 Empty Re: Special Forces - World's Toughest Test

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:43 pm

@alwayscooking thanks for the info! I can't view the vids. I found this one, I'm not sure if it's the same. Unbelievable!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

specialforcesfox - Special Forces - World's Toughest Test  - Page 5 Empty Re: Special Forces - World's Toughest Test

Post by alwayscooking Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:11 am

alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:29 pm

Good luck Hannah! I felt after a couple of epi's and everyone's great posts she'd go far if not win it all.

https://twitter.com/CarliLloyd/status/1628543530133073920

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:09 pm

Whew! What an episode!  Their first test, "drown proofing".  This one seriously stressed me out  laugh out loud  They're taken to a water hole, had to swim across it with a weighted vest, then their feet are tied, and hands tied behind their back.  They jump in the water, exhale until they reach the bottom, then push off the bottom to resurface, catch another breath and repeat until they're told to stop. Hannah was first up, she struggled a bit swimming with the weighted vest but made it.  The second part, she pushed off the bottom once, and then panicked a bit, and got out of her wrist ties.  She tried again and nailed it.  A lot of it is momentum, I'm sure watching Hannah go, help the other 3 on their turn.  Dwight, Carli and Danny all passed.  Interesting to note, Hannah and Carli had their hands tied behind their back, Danny and Dwight's hands were tied in front.  I'm sure due to shoulder injuries, which Danny's is really hurting him, but having your hands in front would make a huge difference.

Next their put in a hooded hot suit and tied to the wall of a closed container. They were given no instructions as far as what to do or what was going on.  The staff watched them on camera to see if they would take initiative to free themselves and escape in a certain amount of time.  Hannah was the first to figure out how to get free and told the others to do the same.  The staff were impressed by her leadership.  Anyone else watching feel Hannah may have been given a little heads up on this one?

The final phase, they're dropped off in the middle of the dessert at night, they're in teams, Danny and Hannah  Dwight with Carli. They have a very simple map and compass, they have to find 2 different rendezvous points to get to their extract location without being captured.  The enemy is following them and they have dogs.  Hannah and Danny get captured.  Dwight and Carli make it to their extract point, but are still captured.  Before they left on this assignment, they were given a story to memorize,  to explain why they were out there, in case they were captured.  Episode 10 will be prisoner interrogation.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:59 pm

Glad you called out the hands in front for the men and in back for the women. I noticed Danny used his hands in front to provide momentum when he kicked off from the bottom of the 'watering hole', which looked like it had a solid surface bottom - more like a pool! Much harder with your hands behind your back. I was glad Hannah went for a second take and succeeded.

I feel as if everyone - city or country or in-between should learn how to use a compass! When I was in my 20s, I was hiking a 12,000+ peak, above the tree line, when a lightening storm began. Hightailed it down as fast as I could. But, off-trail, had no idea where I was. Fortunately, someone far more experienced had a compass and a map (there were no cell phones then) and navigated us down the mountain. Found an old logging trail which we figured must lead to a traveled road and were 'rescued' - drenched and cold. I also learned ocean navigation after this - just in case!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:13 pm

@alwayscooking omg you should be a writer! I'm hyperventilating at your recap. laugh out loud I cannot imagine doing those challenges and I think that every recap I read. They are strong people, not only physical but mentally as well. I'd be in a puddle of tears. laugh out loud

@Norcalgal thanks for sharing, wow!! Glad you made it out safely.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:06 pm

@GuardianAngel One thing I love about this show is we can imagine our reaction if we were in those situations. Maybe I'm delusional, but I think I could have done quite well when I was younger. Now, I'd probably not even try!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:27 pm

@Norcalgal, impressive job on the 12K+ peak!  I have to admit I was laughing because it reminded me of when my sister and I were backpacking in the Smokey Mtns, Clingmans Dome. We're basically at the top, nasty thunderstorm comes out of nowhere, and I have a tripod sticking out of my pack like a freaking lighting rod. (back in the day of 35mm) I don't think I've ever hauled booty so fast with a 50lb pack as I did that day. laugh out loud  I also got a chuckle from the staff asking the remaing 4 if they knew how to use a map...and no one responded duh

I do think the front/back hand tying was due to shoulder injuries. So I understand that, but it's notable difference in difficultly.  I have no doubt Danny would have passed regardless.

@GurdianAngel, thank you for your very kind comment, but writing has never been my strong point, and it's been forever since I studied grammar! laugh out loud   I have to say. I have really enjoyed this show, more than I  thought I would.  I've done a lot of backpacking, ice climbing and repelling when I was younger, I understand their fear on some of these tasks.  To trust that all your equipment is going to hold you is a little unnerving at first laugh out loud.  But I also like that this show is just a challenge, you either man up and do it, or you don't.... no drama. I like that there's no price, just the honor of finishing.  Looking forward to next week!
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:55 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hannah-brown-adds-another-reality-title-to-her-resume/ar-AA17wz7X

https://www.tvinsider.com/1083739/special-forces-worlds-toughest-test-finale-winner-hannah-brown-carli-lloyd/
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:18 am

chasus71 wrote:
Jeepers wrote:SHE WON,!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hannah-brown-adds-another-reality-title-to-her-resume/ar-AA17wz7X

Sprite wrote:@Jeepers That is awesome. I am so ticked at myself...I forget to record it...and I have so been looking forward to this last episode. I will have to try and see if I can find it on line. :crazed

GuardianAngel wrote:That's terrific!! I just had that feeling. What an accomplishment!! Congrats to Hannah and all those that were competing!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:25 am

Congrats to Hannah & Carli! I only ended up watching one of the later episodes but I'm impressed that the two of them survived past all the guys, who you'd think would have an easier time physically. smileyyay

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:16 pm

@albean99 That's just it ... it's so much more than physical. I knew she would end up doing well because they did seem to emphasize the mental components.

I was shocked...I mean really shocked ... that the strongest guy there, who had rocked every physical component of the challenge just up and quit with only a few hours to go! I know he had hurt his shoulder, but it was the noise they had to listen to that made him go off. Insanity. It's not as if this is a real situation. He knew he was done in a few hours. Made zero sense to me.

Overall,  I think Hannah truly was the best competitor. She was the only one of all of them who never talked about quitting. The instructors or other contestants talked others back down...Carli included. Hannah really took charge at the end. She got them all out when they were all locked in the container,  she did the best with her cover story...no waffling from her. She was also the one who took charge at the end when she and Carli were in the box. She was steady throughout and had a great attitude. She was underestimated by everyone,  including herself. I hope this really gives her the confidence to realize that she can do anything that she sets her mind to.

Overall a really good show. I would enjoy seeing another season.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Special Forces - World's Toughest Test

+4
GuardianAngel
chasus71
Sprite
Linds911
8 posters