SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

Post by atem Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:11 pm

I don't think the US will be able to watch, because it's in a different country and ABC is going to be airing something else at that time.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

Post by anders Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:20 pm

I know in Canada we can only watch US shows through our affiliates (CBC/CityTv/ATV) and not through ABC/NBC/CBS, so it prolly is the same - maybe ABC will have it online for the US folks??

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:34 pm

i am sure streaming sites will have it
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer23 Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:55 pm

ABC won't have it online, since it's not an ABC show, but it will definitely make it's way to YouTube. I'll be excited to see it, since most Canadian versions of American shows are able to retain the best parts of the original and get rid of some of the more annoying elements. I'm also really excited to see if the Canadian version (eventually) will have a better track record of success than the American version.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Archer23 wrote:ABC won't have it online, since it's not an ABC show, but it will definitely make it's way to YouTube. I'll be excited to see it, since most Canadian versions of American shows are able to retain the best parts of the original and get rid of some of the more annoying elements. I'm also really excited to see if the Canadian version (eventually) will have a better track record of success than the American version.

Less chance of hollywood exposure may be the main reason they may be more successful!

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:53 pm

I have seen City TV videos posted on Youtube before. I am not sure if cb moved there, but all her Bachelor 16 videos from the last episode were City TV ones.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:34 pm

anders wrote:I know in Canada we can only watch US shows through our affiliates (CBC/CityTv/ATV) and not through ABC/NBC/CBS, so it prolly is the same - maybe ABC will have it online for the US folks??

We don't have a Canadian affiliate. They didn't let the US viewers see the UK version online and I doubt we will be able to see this one. Unless someone posts it on youtube.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:41 am

Love_Me wrote:http://www.thestar.com/article/1123282--canada-s-the-bachelor-needs-a-palatial-bachelor-pad
Hmm, interesting. I thought it was suppose to be filmed in Vancouver as that is the home base of the production company. Now I don't know. no idea

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:53 am

Here's more details including the filming company and how they are trying to find Vancouver filming locations.

Looking for love - seriously

'Gentler' Canadian version wants contestants to find it

By Glen Schaefer, The Province January 24, 2012

Story
Photos ( 1 )

Producers of the Canadian version of The Bachelor are looking for their equivalent of U.S. host Chris Harrison.

Producers of the Canadian version of The Bachelor are looking for their equivalent of U.S. host Chris Harrison.
Photograph by: Getty Images Files, The Province

A rose ceremony by any other name, eh?

Vancouver-based Force Four Entertainment is the production company behind The Bachelor Canada, the Canadian version of the U.S. reality romance series, set to start filming nine episodes this April and to air next fall on Citytv.

Vancouver-based supervising producer Sean De Vries says they're scouting for a main filming location in Vancouver, and like the U.S. original, the show will involve travel for its title guy and the women vying for his affections.

Will this be a kinder, gentler Canadian version of the U.S. show?

"We've been talking about that a lot today with [U.S. Bachelor host] Chris Harrison," says De Vries. "You can get 25 of the most peaceable people in a room all pursuing the same guy, suddenly it's not kind and gentle all the time. I imagine it will have its own drama, for sure."

In addition to a bachelor and a crop of women, the Canadian show is looking for a host. Finding the women comes first, and application details are online at Cit-ytv.com/BachelorCanada, where would-be contestants can upload videos of them-selves.

"You have to be at least 19, single and female, but beyond that, this show has survived so long because it builds itself up with sincerity finding love. We're looking for women with an amazing story to tell, who are really into, in an unconventional way, potentially meeting the love of their life."

Adds executive producer Claire Free-land: "They need to genuinely want to find love. We're not interested in people, whether they are the bachelor or the bachelorette, who are applying for the show just because they want fame. . . when you are applying for the show, don't try to be the person you think we want you to be. Just be who you are and the rest will follow."

The show will be a travelogue as well, taking contestants on themed vacations.

"Definitely travel is a big part of the show," says De Vries. "It's a way of show-casing Canadian locations and not necessarily in a typical way, like Niagara Falls . . . but who knows, Nunavut, someplace on the east coast. We're also not ruling out some international destinations."

As for the big prize, the guy chosen to be the title character, says De Vries: "You don't want the person sitting next to you on the couch to be better looking than the bachelor. Attractive and successful in every way, and by successful, we mean sincere, truly good people. And you know what, physically attractive people as well."

gschaefer@theprovince.com

twitter.com/glenschaefer
© Copyright (c) The Province

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/life/Looking+love+seriously/6041816/story.html#ixzz1lOStysB4

http://www.theprovince.com/life/Looking+love+seriously/6041816/story.html

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:31 am

Jillian Harris to host Bachelor Canada?

By Eric Volmers, Calgary Herald January 27, 2012

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 3 6058761

Jillian Harris currently hosts Canada’s Handyman Challenge.

Alberta’s favourite Bachelorette may be heading back to the reality TV franchise where she first made her mark, but it’s a little too early to tell.

Peace River native and onetime Calgarian Jillian Harris has been subject of speculation that she will join the production of Bachelor Canada as the show’s host.

And why not? Harris, who was a contender in 2009’s 13th season of the Bachelor and the star of its spinoff, The Bachelorette, has remained on TV since her days romantically rejecting would-be suitors to the delight of the show’s devoted audience.

She’s currently on ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and is the host of HGTV’s Canada’s Handyman Challenge.

And while Harris has suggested in the past that her experiences on the Bachelorette — where she chose Ed Swiderski as her life mate, but broke up with him more than a year ago amid a swirl of tabloid coverage — caused as much heartbreak as exposure, she seems game to get back into the more salacious side of reality TV.

“No word from that yet, but obviously that show is very dear to my heart,” Harris said in an e-mail to the Herald. “That show is a new family for me and I would love the honour of hosting it. However (I’m) not sure if I could ever fill the very big shoes of Mr. (Chris) Harrison.”

The only thing for certain in terms of casting at this point is that Harrison, who has hosted ABC’s The Bachelor and The Bachelorette since 2002, will not head the Canadian show.

Executive producer John Ritchie of Vancouver’s Force Four Entertainment said the casting process is in the early stages. The casting director only started on Monday and producers still need to meet with the network about casting, he said. Still, producers certainly haven’t ruled Harris out.

“Of course, we’re aware of her and how successful the series was with her in it,” Ritchie says. “So anything is possible.”

Even if Harris does not become the show’s host, there is a good chance that Bachelor Canada will have some Alberta connections. Ritchie confirmed that the show will be criss-crossing the country holding auditions for “bachelorettes.” Calgary will be one of the cities visited, although those details have not been worked out, he said.

The show begins shooting in May in British Columbia.

evolmers@calgaryherald.com

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/movie-guide/Jillian+Harris+host+Bachelor+Canada/6058760/story.html#ixzz1lObW8kH1

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:13 am

The Bachelor Canada looking for single ladies

Vancouver Sun, Postmedia News February 8, 2012

Vancouver women will be the first to throw their stilettos into the ring for a chance to find everlasting love when The Bachelor Canada launches a nationwide casting tour in the coastal city on Feb. 19.

The new reality TV series, produced by Vancouver-based Force Four Entertainment, will begin shooting this spring and will debut on Citytv in the fall.

The show's producers are seeking 25 eligible bachelorettes. After kicking off the search in B.C., the audition road show continues on to Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto and Halifax.

"We are searching for roman-tic hopefuls from across the country that represent the true scope of the vibrant, fun and fearless women here in Canada," Claire Freeland, executive producer of The Bachelor Canada, said in a statement. "This is an extraordinary opportunity for bachelorettes currently on a quest for love and willing to put it all on the line to find it."

Participants must be at least 18, and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. Full details on the casting tour are available at www.citytv. com/bachelorcanada.

AT A GLANCE

The Bachelor Canada casting call

When: Feb. 19, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Where: Loden Hotel, 1177 Melville St.
© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun
Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Bachelor+Canada+looking+single+ladies/6118825/story.html#ixzz1lskkGpX6
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by ninu Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:20 pm

18??? :shock:

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 3 158291300-ashley-hebert-and-j-p-rosenbaum-the-second-gettyimages-2The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 3 Sign310
ninu
ninu

Female Posts : 2347

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

+41
Mr&MrsSmith
tigertiz
Mirzam
provenceguy
ja1968