SELECT CONTENT

Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 44 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 44 Empty Re: Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:34 pm

richlp wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:
etherealfire wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:I do believe that JP, Ben, Dino and Ames all genuinely care for her. I am so ready to be done with Bentley and on with that show.

Agreed and I'd add Ryan P, Ben C and maybe even William to that. I really don't believe he meant to hurt her at all and I think he genuinely likes her. That's the ironic thing about this stupid Bentley situation. He probably really was the only one of the 25 that didn't have any interest in her at all. I think her F6 definitely wanted to be there. How sad that she is going to plagued with worry over something that is essentially a non-issue, thanks to TPTB and their wonderboy Bentley. :Frown:

Absolutely. This is the point Fleiss does not get about women IMHO. We LIKE the romance. For me at least this is the equivalent of the hockey and basketball playoffs. I don't need to see suffering. I want the happy ending and would rather have a rom.com than all this "mindf**k" as Reid called it.

All of us have life's challenges to deal with daily. For me, this show could be a sweet reprieve from all the world's woes. Bentley just pushes into my face how evil some people can be. If I want a villian, I'll go to the movies, or turn on the news.

And if Fleiss ONLY wanted to appeal to the female demographic, maybe that is what he would present...

However, he has no problem drawing women to the show, his dilemma is how does he draw MEN to watch...

I surely don't claim to represent all men, but a lot of men love watching a good trainwreck with lots of big explosions!

HA! A lot of women do, too. I certainly never watched this show for it's romance factor.
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 44 Empty Re: Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Starshine_16 Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
richlp wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:
etherealfire wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:I do believe that JP, Ben, Dino and Ames all genuinely care for her. I am so ready to be done with Bentley and on with that show.

Agreed and I'd add Ryan P, Ben C and maybe even William to that. I really don't believe he meant to hurt her at all and I think he genuinely likes her. That's the ironic thing about this stupid Bentley situation. He probably really was the only one of the 25 that didn't have any interest in her at all. I think her F6 definitely wanted to be there. How sad that she is going to plagued with worry over something that is essentially a non-issue, thanks to TPTB and their wonderboy Bentley. :Frown:

Absolutely. This is the point Fleiss does not get about women IMHO. We LIKE the romance. For me at least this is the equivalent of the hockey and basketball playoffs. I don't need to see suffering. I want the happy ending and would rather have a rom.com than all this "mindf**k" as Reid called it.

All of us have life's challenges to deal with daily. For me, this show could be a sweet reprieve from all the world's woes. Bentley just pushes into my face how evil some people can be. If I want a villian, I'll go to the movies, or turn on the news.

And if Fleiss ONLY wanted to appeal to the female demographic, maybe that is what he would present...

However, he has no problem drawing women to the show, his dilemma is how does he draw MEN to watch...

I surely don't claim to represent all men, but a lot of men love watching a good trainwreck with lots of big explosions!

HA! A lot of women do, too. I certainly never watched this show for it's romance factor.

Only in the very begining did I watch the show for it's romance factor. That was before I learned how scripted this was. Even if I was 5'7,reasonably attractive with a little dose of crazy no way would I be on this show. Not after seeing what they do to the leads.
Starshine_16
Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Bloomers wrote:
Beeleever wrote:Good Post I appreciate the different perspective you bring to this board, Rich. And might I add that those making the decisions (Fleiss, Elan, Millsy, Harrison) obviously see things closer to your lens than most of ours. As ridiculous as this sounds, (totally) I love a good train wreck too...as long as no one gets injured! Unfortunately, it is always the lead that ends up with the broken heart...well at least that is what they want us to think (Ali/Frank).

No, it is only the female leads who end up with the hurt. Notice, that these kinds of things don't happen to the guys. All 25 of the women are usually clamoring for the chance at the Bachelor. Once in a while we see the lead have to work at getting who he wants - Brad and Andy - but you didn't see either one of them with a brokenheart.

ITA, and if you look back on the last four seasons of the Bachelorette, each lead got successively more beat up and humiliated, it seems, as if the producers sense it's what the audience wants and need to keep outdoing themselves. Deanna only had to deal with being rejected by Graham after she chased after him (even though the producers were kind enough to her to let it appear she dumped him; doubt that would happen now). Jillian had Wes use her, and supposedly two-time her with Laurel, although he was still relatively respectful of her throughout, and Ed left but then returned to beg forgiveness, allowing Jill to save face (and of course, his g/f situation was never really mentioned on the show). Ali had two guys embarrass her with girlfriends back home. How to top that for Ashley? How about a guy who woos her, yet denigrates and insults her behind her back, all the while laughing at her naivete? While we're at it, let's throw in a roast, where the other guys can also insult her, this time to her face. What further humiliation will they come up with to do to the Bachelorette next year? One can only shudder in anticipation.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers

+50
happy2bme
jojo47
connorsmom
Starshine_16
Iam4UGA