SELECT CONTENT

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Post by shannonmac Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:03 pm

enchanted wrote:I'm new here,just joined a few days ago but have been reading a lot of the posts and love all of the CSIing going on. :detective

Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing all their finds (especially your Jef finds :eyesigh: ) and to say rock

clapping!

welcomebanner welcomebanner

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 19 MKlsyCO1DkuPott_QDvNqg2
shannonmac
shannonmac

Back to top Go down

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Post by shannonmac Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 pm

alsoaktchr wrote:
Chacharo wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:
yumyum1 wrote:Now that the thorough research on the 'evils' of PW and the bottle water industry has been completed, maybe the noble professions of insurance agent and race care driver (and their respective industries) can be probed? Many thanks in advance. Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 19 1825223857

Except the insurance agent and race car driver are not proporting to be anything other than that.

Exactly!

If someone has strong feelings about those professions and want to enlighten the rest of us, I say go for it. Heck, make your own thread about it if that makes you feel better. This isn't the first, nor will it be the last thread to go off topic.

I despised the bottled water industry long before 1F graced my television screen. I care deeply about the earth and our environment. For the life of me, I can't figure out why others don't. If this information enlightens one person on this board and changes their opinions about using bottled water for convenience, then that is a small victory IMO.

I appreciate jlc's input and knowledge of the issues with this particular method of promoting bottled water.

I try my best to carry water with me from home...but if I'm out for an extended period of time, I don't always have access to cold water with which to refill my bottle. Am I more contemptible for putchasing an occasional water bottle in such a situation than I might be if I purchased a coke or iced coffee?

:Drinkwater: :bad girl: wine :it is all good giggling giggling

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 19 MKlsyCO1DkuPott_QDvNqg2
shannonmac
shannonmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Forgot to add, I know how my obesityepidemic-obsessed Mayor Bloomberg would answer that question....(NYer here)

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:31 pm

cherryyou wrote:
gurlbrit wrote:
Morning cherryyou and Amberish. I always thought that NJ was the most litigious State in the Nation. I learned something today, it has been said that NJ has the most lawyer's per capita than any other State. Ah well, lawyers make the money and the rest of us lose! Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 19 770597973
TA with the bolded statement. The consumers or citizens lose big and we wonder about the skyrocketing prices or cost particularly of doing business in USA, Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 19 2089373836

Yes so much better to out source to countries where consumer protection won't be a hinderance.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:38 pm

alsoaktchr wrote:
Chacharo wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:
yumyum1 wrote:Now that the thorough research on the 'evils' of PW and the bottle water industry has been completed, maybe the noble professions of insurance agent and race care driver (and their respective industries) can be probed? Many thanks in advance. Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 19 1825223857

Except the insurance agent and race car driver are not proporting to be anything other than that.

Exactly!

If someone has strong feelings about those professions and want to enlighten the rest of us, I say go for it. Heck, make your own thread about it if that makes you feel better. This isn't the first, nor will it be the last thread to go off topic.

I despised the bottled water industry long before 1F graced my television screen. I care deeply about the earth and our environment. For the life of me, I can't figure out why others don't. If this information enlightens one person on this board and changes their opinions about using bottled water for convenience, then that is a small victory IMO.

I appreciate jlc's input and knowledge of the issues with this particular method of promoting bottled water.

I try my best to carry water with me from home...but if I'm out for an extended period of time, I don't always have access to cold water with which to refill my bottle. Am I more contemptible for putchasing an occasional water bottle in such a situation than I might be if I purchased a coke or iced coffee?

Hi also, I respectfully think this is not the crux of the arguement re PW. Yes, we all are trying to be better stewards of our Mother Earth and there are no perfect solutions.. my concern with PW is not that it is a bottled water company, but that we have been led to believe the "drop for drop" mantra without really understanding the entire picture. Also, as a start up company, maybe bottled water was not the greatest pick???

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:49 pm

cherryyou wrote:
Amberish wrote:
cherryyou wrote:I get what you are saying but it's rather presumptuous to suggest that PW is doing deceptive advertising. The fact that PW is providing a 'trace' _ "purchase a bottle of People Water, scan the QR code, and follow your water project." _ for how the percentage of the sale is allocated, they are 100% opening themselves to full disclosure. Their accounting team will definitely make sure that the information relating to that claim will be readily available and accessible to the auditors who will review the numbers for veracity (I know I would ask the accounting department/section to prepare the requisite schedule/reports for auditing purposes). As someone who had dealt with accounting-related issues with independent auditors, I can tell you that this sort of claim invites close scrutiny from visiting auditors and if the claim is not fully substantiated and accounted for, the firm _ in this case PW_ can face serious fines and, worst _ incarceration. Anyway, I don't think this is the forum to discuss this subject. I appreciate the information shared relating to the subject as it is very instructive but, I think, it is rather myopic to assume the worst without knowing the other relevant and pertinent facts, in this case, the role of 'accounting-auditing' in this issue.

PW is 100% opening themselves to full disclosure? Really? Where did you read that, their website?

So this little, privately owned company will open their books for whom? Me, if I ask them to? Hmm, I'd be willing to wager BIG money that's never gonna happen, because PW doesn't have to, unless and until sued by my home State of California, and we will sue, because we do that. In California, we're sue happy ... we love them consumer advocacy lawsuits and especially them whopper settlements. rotfl

No, I didn't read that in their website. I guess, as a former controller-accountant for a couple of multi-million dollar companies, I know a little bit about the issue I am talking about. I understand my background is nothing compared to some people's here but I speak from real experience [not just academia]. I guess by 'full disclosure' you meant doing it publicly? First of all, PW is a privately-owned company and as long as, accounting-wise, their practice is in compliance with the law, they have nothing to worry about. BTW, I lived in LA county for 2 decades so I am aware of the state's litigation-prone culture.

Wow, I have somewhat similar professional background as you, at least 6 years of it back in the days of the big eight!

That said, I think we both know what we are talking about. PW is a tiny little start up based out of Utah, and not sure at all why they would even want a California connection. Would they have really incorporated here? These are the details that I don't know.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:10 pm

gurlbrit wrote:
cherryyou wrote:
Amberish wrote:
cherryyou wrote:I get what you are saying but it's rather presumptuous to suggest that PW is doing deceptive advertising. The fact that PW is providing a 'trace' _ "purchase a bottle of People Water, scan the QR code, and follow your water project." _ for how the percentage of the sale is allocated, they are 100% opening themselves to full disclosure. Their accounting team will definitely make sure that the information relating to that claim will be readily available and accessible to the auditors who will review the numbers for veracity (I know I would ask the accounting department/section to prepare the requisite schedule/reports for auditing purposes). As someone who had dealt with accounting-related issues with independent auditors, I can tell you that this sort of claim invites close scrutiny from visiting auditors and if the claim is not fully substantiated and accounted for, the firm _ in this case PW_ can face serious fines and, worst _ incarceration. Anyway, I don't think this is the forum to discuss this subject. I appreciate the information shared relating to the subject as it is very instructive but, I think, it is rather myopic to assume the worst without knowing the other relevant and pertinent facts, in this case, the role of 'accounting-auditing' in this issue.

PW is 100% opening themselves to full disclosure? Really? Where did you read that, their website?

So this little, privately owned company will open their books for whom? Me, if I ask them to? Hmm, I'd be willing to wager BIG money that's never gonna happen, because PW doesn't have to, unless and until sued by my home State of California, and we will sue, because we do that. In California, we're sue happy ... we love them consumer advocacy lawsuits and especially them whopper settlements. rotfl

No, I didn't read that in their website. I guess, as a former controller-accountant for a couple of multi-million dollar companies, I know a little bit about the issue I am talking about. I understand my background is nothing compared to some people's here but I speak from real experience [not just academia]. I guess by 'full disclosure' you meant doing it publicly? First of all, PW is a privately-owned company and as long as, accounting-wise, their practice is in compliance with the law, they have nothing to worry about. BTW, I lived in LA county for 2 decades so I am aware of the state's litigation-prone culture.

Morning cherryyou and Amberish. I always thought that NJ was the most litigious State in the Nation. I learned something today, it has been said that NJ has the most lawyer's per capita than any other State. Ah well, lawyers make the money and the rest of us lose! :cutesmile!:

I have a couple of clients your way and am well aware of New Jersey's litigation lovefest, but you are such a tiny state. If only because of size, we are and will always be the much bigger buliy! rofl
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:16 pm

skitts wrote:Maybe, in the near future, they'll include a pic of Em in her FRC dress dropping the empty bottle in a recycle bin! Giving the peace sign, of course! giggling

Now that is funny! rofl rofl rofl
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:29 pm

I personally don't like company's who use "a portion will go to charity" as an advertising gimmick. Donate to a charity outright, if that's what you want to do.... but if you're doing it to line your own pocket, to me it's not "charitable" anymore. Just a bunch of self righteous mumbo jumbo..... especially for those who "claim" to be Christian as Jesus taught his followers to "not let your right hand know what your left hand is doing"

Fundraisers are different though, as all proceeds (meaning after costs of products are deducted) go directly to the charity and no profit is made, so advertise away!

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Probably feel differently if it were an Arie related Company! Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 19 927261665
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:46 pm

pavalygurl wrote:

Actually the race car driver is a commentator now. He no longer drives. That was news to me.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Nibbles22 wrote:Probably feel differently if it were an Arie related Company! Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 19 927261665

Speaking only for myself, no, I wouldn't. The information that has been presented is about as factual and impartial as could be. I started out the show completely neutral about Jef, and what I've learned about PW has definitely lowered my opinion of him, every bit as much as it would have lowered my opinion of Arie or whomever else. My opinions always evolve based on inputs, as long as they're based on facts not hyperbole.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

+90
Iam4UGA
Alexxxx
michelle1109
Larel
mare2