SELECT CONTENT

Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 7 of 83 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 45 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 7 Empty Re: Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:00 pm

LuvnIt wrote:
Gina wrote:
LuvnIt wrote:
nikkij_26 wrote:
Gina wrote:OT - sorry.

I Loved Jerrry Faris (sp?). Could not believe she didn't pick him at the AFRC. no no But, time moves on and they are both happy now. I believe he's engaged or with someone?? Anyone know? And we know Jen is happily married and had a baby.

He's got a girlfriend as of the last show done with update on 20/20. I haven't heard that they've gotten engaged.

Jerry Ferris is engaged and you can find his proposal to his gal on You Tube don't know if i am allowed but here is the link to his proposal very romantic :yes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW2EY8psxMo&feature=related
Thanks, that what I had heard, that's why I mentioned it. Love the video, never saw it. Thanks so much. yes

LuvnIt ~ you can post any links, videos, youtubes you want on here. We have the best mods ever, and they encourage everyone to contribute and participate. It's alot of work for them to do it all. :D

mnmhughes..excellent point and shoots the overly competitive theory full of holes, imo

Thanks Gina that is good to know :A-okay:
If any doubt, pm Love_me or San. yes

Back to top Go down

Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 7 Empty Re: Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by in2deep Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:42 pm

Chiming in on "competitive"... sometimes there's a fine line between competitive and aggressive. IMO, overly aggressive guys/girls are perceived as cocky or too much about themselves), and sometimes end up get the scary-stalky edit (David Goode? Michelle? Jesse C?). And sometimes competitive and authentic don't seem to live in the same edit (look at Reid and Chris - both low-key, both wanted the girl, but neither put themselves out there as competitors). Who have we had who has been edited as confident, competitive, and real? And how far have they gotten?

Off the board until 6/20! Vaca w/o internet...

"Reality TV is to reality what love handles are to love." - J. McGinness
Ride on! 8)
in2deep
in2deep

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:14 pm

dee wrote:
San wrote:
beader wrote:
LuvnIt wrote:
I am not great at expressing my opinions or thoughts butI just don't see JP being competitive IMO Being competitive in this case is a guy being competitive and doing everything they can to win over the girl because they just want to be the winner i don't see JP as that type i do believe he is what you could say wooing her. IMO the guys that came up with the corny lines and actions at the M&G were the competitive ones.

Yes, like the ones who make statements like, "I'm here to win," "She's the prize," "I'm in it to win it!" Actually Roberto made one statement like that (can't remember what) fairly early in the series, but I do remember that there were several posts about him being too competitive. So a "competitive" statement doesn't necessarily knock someone out of F1.

That said, I think JP would make a great next Bachelor if for some reason he is not F1.

Yup, Roberto did say something like..."at the end of the day, it is a competition..." Can't remember the exact statement he made though.
Something about "keep my eye on the prize"

Very early on - either the first or 2nd episode both Chris and Roberto made similar type statements to, "Keep your eye on the prize at the end." The statements were very similar, and I remember thinking, " These are two athletes, and they are thinking liking athletes. Roberto had been a college baseball player, and Chris was a high school coach and a runner himself. They were thinking in the competitive manner that athletes would, so I cut them both a break on those opening statements.

Something to take into account with the guys is that it is in the nature of the man to win. This is a competition! This is a competition and the Bachelorette is the prize. Don't fool yourself, with the exception of Bentley, Frank,Graham. and Wes, most likely all the other bachelors would not have minded being F1 regardless of their original motive for applying. Of course, that doesn't address what some of those guys would have done with the prize once they got her, but they would have loved to have won that trophy and the bragging rights....

Many of them make "big" sounding statements on their own, and many are prompted to make "big" sounding statements. The editing department decides which "big" statements we are going to hear.
It doesn't sound too good to hear F1 sound too confident or competitive, so he is edited down to certain remarks. F2 usually makes more. Chris L was allowed to talk about how Ali wanted a husband, and he was just the man to be her husband. We didn't hear those kinds of remarks from Roberto, but I bet he thought so, too!

We hear F2 make remarks like, " I will be the last man standing."

The exception to all of this was Jillian's F2 Kip, and I don't think he ever made any F2 remarks!

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:31 am

in2deep wrote:Chiming in on "competitive"... sometimes there's a fine line between competitive and aggressive. IMO, overly aggressive guys/girls are perceived as cocky or too much about themselves), and sometimes end up get the scary-stalky edit (David Goode? Michelle? Jesse C?). And sometimes competitive and authentic don't seem to live in the same edit (look at Reid and Chris - both low-key, both wanted the girl, but neither put themselves out there as competitors). Who have we had who has been edited as confident, competitive, and real? And how far have they gotten?

Was this a trick question? I think the very obvious answer is Roberto. There may have been others, but he is the first who comes to mind.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:03 am

ironcat wrote:
in2deep wrote:Chiming in on "competitive"... sometimes there's a fine line between competitive and aggressive. IMO, overly aggressive guys/girls are perceived as cocky or too much about themselves), and sometimes end up get the scary-stalky edit (David Goode? Michelle? Jesse C?). And sometimes competitive and authentic don't seem to live in the same edit (look at Reid and Chris - both low-key, both wanted the girl, but neither put themselves out there as competitors). Who have we had who has been edited as confident, competitive, and real? And how far have they gotten?

Was this a trick question? I think the very obvious answer is Roberto. There may have been others, but he is the first who comes to mind.

I agree, but he might be an exception. Here is what I think happens with the young, but ultra-goodlooking Roberto. I have had my insurance with State Farm for years, and I don't think there is room in their organization for the idea/image of a player. I guess they do have bachelors, but most of the agents that I have seen are married, family men. I think they promote the stable image in their agents. I suspect their bachelors behave themselves, and they are probably not looking to be single all of their lives.

Roberto is extremely goal-oriented, and he is on a career track plan with State Farm. I think even at his young age he was ready, therefore, to settle down and conform to their maybe even unspoken ideals. Hence, I don't think it was difficult at all for Roberto to go into the Bachorlette with the mindset that if he fell for Ali, and she fell for him, he would propose, and they would move towards marriage. He would then have his wife, and that would be another step in his progression toward his career with State Farm - objective fulfilled.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:23 am

question - is Ben F on the group date next week? I didn't think he was but they show a shot of him when the guys are talking about "Adonis" but yet I don't see him sitting with the guys in the rest of the footage?

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:24 am

northernviewer wrote:question - is Ben F on the group date next week? I didn't think he was but they show a shot of him when the guys are talking about "Adonis" but yet I don't see him sitting with the guys in the rest of the footage?
He is. He gets the group date rose as well.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:36 am

dee wrote:
northernviewer wrote:question - is Ben F on the group date next week? I didn't think he was but they show a shot of him when the guys are talking about "Adonis" but yet I don't see him sitting with the guys in the rest of the footage?

thanks, I just didn't see him with the group of guys when Ash was off with Nick (I think he's the trainer) Maybe he was in the bathroom at the time or something.
northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 am

northernviewer wrote:
dee wrote:

thanks, I just didn't see him with the group of guys when Ash was off with Nick (I think he's the trainer) Maybe he was in the bathroom at the time or something.

It seemed he was at the bar... we all need liquid courage every once in a while! :giggle:

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Ashley and Ben F share their first kiss on Monday. At least I think it is their first kiss. I wonder if it happened before or after she and J.P kissed. Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 7 2089373836
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Love_Me wrote:Ashley and Ben F share their first kiss on Monday. At least I think it is their first kiss. I wonder if it happened before or after she and J.P kissed. Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 7 2089373836

Man, I hope she is not kissing these guys one after the other.

Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:26 pm

I watched the extended preview over at grapevine and just wanted to say that Blake is a whiner!! and after listening to him talk to Ames (who I was very impressed with btw!) it sounds like if any of the guys said anything about Ryan, the conversation was initiated by him. Blake sounded like a jealous girl - yuck hissyfit

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 83 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 45 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers

+64
albean99
JBF
Pattycake92
Doats
jello1592