Reality Steve - Thread #2

Page 5 of 84 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reality Steve - Thread #2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Reality Steve - Thread #2

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:11 am

anders wrote:
albean99 wrote:
anders wrote:
nutty1 wrote:Anders, I think a few days ago, someone determined they weren't flipped also.

I saw that - but I'm not convinced they aren't flipped - I went back to the actual video and everything points to GSG being flipped.

It's somewhere in the FRC thread but I had a post showing why I'm quite sure they aren't flipped. The big way you can tell is her earrings which are different so easy to tell if the pic is flipped or not. They're the same in all the SCs as they were shown. The other thing is that her bangs are to the left when she's running away and you can tell the background isn't flipped. Lastly there's a clip of her pushing her bangs back to the right when she's crying. I think the wind did a number on her hair.

I believe that both guys are on the left. Not sure why.

Love that pic of Meredith & Ian. What a guy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

maybe she dumps them both...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

giggling Wouldn't that be a croc.....after all this speculation and the work you guys put in on figuring things out!!

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:08 am

albean99 wrote:
anders wrote:
nutty1 wrote:Anders, I think a few days ago, someone determined they weren't flipped also.

I saw that - but I'm not convinced they aren't flipped - I went back to the actual video and everything points to GSG being flipped.

It's somewhere in the FRC thread but I had a post showing why I'm quite sure they aren't flipped. The big way you can tell is her earrings which are different so easy to tell if the pic is flipped or not. They're the same in all the SCs as they were shown. The other thing is that her bangs are to the left when she's running away and you can tell the background isn't flipped. Lastly there's a clip of her pushing her bangs back to the right when she's crying. I think the wind did a number on her hair.

I believe that both guys are on the left. Not sure why.

Love that pic of Meredith & Ian. What a guy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

maybe she dumps them both...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by LaureanT Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:53 am

BlondieGal wrote:I am so glad that you are here, LaureanT. blowkiss Loved your posts on the ABC board!

Thank you! Smiley

"Create the situation you want." Roberto Martinez, Jr. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LaureanT
LaureanT

Female Posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:48 am

Living wrote:
beader wrote:I posted the same question a few days back, but I didn't see any follow-ups posted. I thought we'd been hearing FRC was May 11. Then we hear engagement on May 13. Oh, yes, one person did post that Life & Style often gets things wrong (intentionally and/or unintentionally). Could just be an error on their part. But when I hear Ashley say how this was a special day and now it is ruined, I, too, wonder if she needed more time to talk, think, whatever before the engagement. Or maybe the FRC actually ended with no proposal and that actually took place a day or so later.

And to be honest, I do not think Ashley has come right out and said she is engaged. Which makes the info suspect anyway.

She never has come out and said it. But, on Jay Leno. He held the magazine up to her and asked her about it. She said that the magazine was misleading, in a playful way. (and I was thinking, I hope she didn't just jump ship and get married instead of engaged.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:34 am

jelle wrote:
richlp wrote:
jelle wrote:Is there any way we can return this thead to a Reality Steve thread so I dont have to read it? :yes:

If only RS would post something new worth talking about...

So sadly true :headbanging

Well I did learn that Ames pants are called Nantucket Reds and they are very Ivy. :db:

Nantucket Reds are a style of trousers produced by Murray's Toggery Shop, located on the islands of Nantucket and formerly on Martha's Vineyard until January 2009. These islands are situated off the coast of Cape Cod, a peninsula of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

The pants were originally an adapted form of the uniforms worn by the New York Yacht Club. Nantucket Reds are unique in that they fade to a light pink as they age. Since their inception, the cotton canvas pants have been marketed as shorts, and the trademark salmon red color has been used on hats, shirts, sweaters and socks. During the summers of 2005 and 2006 there was an attempt to introduce Nantucket Reds to the mainstream by the retailer J. Crew. Nantucket Reds are worn predominately by summer residents of Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, and Cape Cod in place of khakis or chinos.

Go Ames! :dancing peg:

Jelle, thank you for that info! Did anyone notice the matching watch? giggling
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:34 am

ZG Champion wrote:With the exception of Brad/Emily/Chantal, I think it goes: F2 on the left, F1 on the right. Which makes a difference in the position of the guy proposing between seasons of Bachelor and Bachelorette.

Going back and checking my saved pics from past seasons, it seems in both Bach and Bachelorette seasons, F2 is always on the left -- e.g., Jason in Deanna's season, Kiptyn in Jillian's season, Tenley in Jake's season. (Chantal is the only exception I found going back to Deanna's season.)

The proposal position in Bachelorette seasons is with the guy proposing on the right. E.g., Jesse in Deanna's season, Ed in Jillian's season -- even Reid when he proposed to Jillian.

In Bachelor seasons, again except for Emily, going back to Deanna's season, the proposing Bachelor is on the left with his F1 to the right. In Bachette seasons, she is on the left and the proposing F1 is to her right. In Jake's season, Jake was on the left and Vienna was to his right when he proposed. Jason was on the left when he proposed to Melissa, who was on his right. (Molly as F2 was on the left. ) So it seems, except for Brad's season, the F1, whether proposing or being proposed to, is always on the right and the F2 is on the left.

For Ashley, this would mean the guy on the left is F2, and the F1 will propose while to her right. It seems to be the taller guy who turns around to get in this position. This has happened before. Jesse and Deanna switched positions. He was to her left when he greeted her at the podium and they switched so he would be on the right when he proposed.

But the opposite positions in Brad's season puts all theories in the guess mode.

With all the exceptions, it is difficult to know the rule.

I heard seasons ago that for the F1, that the rose is placed within distance of the lead's strong hand. If the lead is right handed, the rose is placed on the right hand. If the lead is left handed, the rose is placed on the leads left hand. Of course it is irrelevant for the F2 as no effort will be exerted to go for the rose. But for the F1, if they place themselves wrongly, they are put in place for the profile knee bending shot and the rose giving shot.

Last edited by Living on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:28 am

Nativenewyorker wrote:RS is holding his cards close to the vest this time. He said on his latest blog that he had more information that confirmed that JP and Ashley are together. However, he is not willing to publicly reveal it at this time. He said it is a lose-lose situation. If he reveals this information, then people will just bring up how he said that Brad and Chantal were together for Thanksgiving in Palm Springs. He says he understands why people don't trust what he says and that he will be proven right when F1 is revealed.

If he is to be believed, then there is more that he knows. I think he is trying to be more careful this time around. He waited longer before he revealed the F2. He would only confirm F4 and said he knew one of the F2, but needed to get more confirmation and verification before he would reveal how the rest of the season plays out. He waited until the first two episodes aired before he finally revealed that Ames leaves on the HTD and then Constantine leaves at FD. He was careful to say that the circumstances around Constantine leaving could be several things. He said that Constantine might take himself out of it, could get eliminated at the RC, or it could be a mutual decision by both him and Ashley, also hinting at issues with religion. So he is trying to cover all possible scenarios. Then he confirmed that it was JP and Ben as F2, with JP as F1.

I think he doesn't want to be wrong a third time in a row.

With the redemption we afford RS on the boards, I can imagine RS getting 5 wrong in a row. And we will still be quoting his prediction giving him the benefit of a doubt because in pentages and averages he named the final 6/4 etc.

If we could just cut him out completely. .sigh!

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieGal Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:22 am

I am so glad that you are here, LaureanT. blowkiss Loved your posts on the ABC board!

As with so many things, there is the story told, and there is the story itself.
BlondieGal
BlondieGal

Female Posts : 1122

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:22 am

beader wrote:I posted the same question a few days back, but I didn't see any follow-ups posted. I thought we'd been hearing FRC was May 11. Then we hear engagement on May 13. Oh, yes, one person did post that Life & Style often gets things wrong (intentionally and/or unintentionally). Could just be an error on their part. But when I hear Ashley say how this was a special day and now it is ruined, I, too, wonder if she needed more time to talk, think, whatever before the engagement. Or maybe the FRC actually ended with no proposal and that actually took place a day or so later.

And to be honest, I do not think Ashley has come right out and said she is engaged. Which makes the info suspect anyway.

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by LaureanT Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:18 am

BlondieGal wrote:I was wrong one time a long time ago and people still held that against me when mid-season I was told A&R were engaged. Being wrong twice in a row will not be forgotten by anyone. I am just happy that we are back to sleuthing old style. 8)

You are precious BlondieGal! You are one of my favorite posters. I learned about this forum because of you. :bigsmile:

"Create the situation you want." Roberto Martinez, Jr. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LaureanT
LaureanT

Female Posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieGal Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:16 am

I was wrong one time a long time ago and people still held that against me when mid-season I was told A&R were engaged. Being wrong twice in a row will not be forgotten by anyone. I am just happy that we are back to sleuthing old style. 8)

As with so many things, there is the story told, and there is the story itself.
BlondieGal
BlondieGal

Female Posts : 1122

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:49 am

jelle wrote:
richlp wrote:
jelle wrote:Is there any way we can return this thead to a Reality Steve thread so I dont have to read it? :yes:

If only RS would post something new worth talking about...

So sadly true :headbanging

Well I did learn that Ames pants are called Nantucket Reds and they are very Ivy. :db:

Nantucket Reds are a style of trousers produced by Murray's Toggery Shop, located on the islands of Nantucket and formerly on Martha's Vineyard until January 2009. These islands are situated off the coast of Cape Cod, a peninsula of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

The pants were originally an adapted form of the uniforms worn by the New York Yacht Club. Nantucket Reds are unique in that they fade to a light pink as they age. Since their inception, the cotton canvas pants have been marketed as shorts, and the trademark salmon red color has been used on hats, shirts, sweaters and socks. During the summers of 2005 and 2006 there was an attempt to introduce Nantucket Reds to the mainstream by the retailer J. Crew. Nantucket Reds are worn predominately by summer residents of Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, and Cape Cod in place of khakis or chinos.

Go Ames! :dancing peg:

Just looked them up, they are way cool. Thanks for posting Jelle.
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 84 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Reality Steve - Thread #2

+93