SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by umngirl Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:11 pm

I wonder if the girls were let in on this change or if it was a shock to them? I think Sean will end up with someone who isn't afraid to stand out so this will help with that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:15 am

umngirl wrote:I wonder if the girls were let in on this change or if it was a shock to them? I think Sean will end up with someone who isn't afraid to stand out so this will help with that.

I can see Sean ending up with some like that too. Which contestant fits the mold do you think? Is it too early to tell? I think we will have a better idea after the first episode who he is really into.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:44 am

Right now, I am focusing on the Emily lookalikes who are openly religious...

C'mon, folks. We all pretty much KNOW how Sean operates and the "types" he is most attracted to. Everybody else is Entertainment for the viewers.

Since Fleiss knew the contestants would be spoiled early anyway, abc.com has all posted online early this season. Of course, the bios are very generalized... which means you can't use THAT as any indicator.

A few observations...

At least two or three (have to recheck) made sure their cross necklaces were visible in their photos, since it is obvious how important religion is to this season's lead.

Also one made a point about "strong moral values".

Although Sean may not be comfortable dating outside his faith, he is OK outside his "race". It is nice to finally see multiple shades among the ladies. Granted, he will still likely wind up with a blonde of the Emily School (couple of those here), but at least the critics will lay off of Fleiss for not being diversified enough.

A few are a bit too "liberal" and I have the feeling they were cast simply to provide viewers more entertainment. I like the one who wants to pick Oprah's brain over lunch, but she is definitely not his "type". (Not saying he wants a trophy wife who doesn't talk back like Ryan Bowers, but I am not sure how he can handle THAT much intellectual stimulation... and manipulation.)

I am also ruling out those who model and/or compete in athletics, since it is way too obvious why they were cast. I strongly suspect that Sean does NOT want a gal with a similar career to his.

Alas... I do not have high hopes for Paige and Kacie. However, some little voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that Kacie will make top four as a contender for next Bachelorette. Anybody else hearing that same little voice?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:04 am

JBF wrote:Right now, I am focusing on the Emily lookalikes who are openly religious...

C'mon, folks. We all pretty much KNOW how Sean operates and the "types" he is most attracted to. Everybody else is Entertainment for the viewers.

Since Fleiss knew the contestants would be spoiled early anyway, abc.com has all posted online early this season. Of course, the bios are very generalized... which means you can't use THAT as any indicator.

A few observations...

At least two or three (have to recheck) made sure their cross necklaces were visible in their photos, since it is obvious how important religion is to this season's lead.

Also one made a point about "strong moral values".

Although Sean may not be comfortable dating outside his faith, he is OK outside his "race". It is nice to finally see multiple shades among the ladies. Granted, he will still likely wind up with a blonde of the Emily School (couple of those here), but at least the critics will lay off of Fleiss for not being diversified enough.

A few are a bit too "liberal" and I have the feeling they were cast simply to provide viewers more entertainment. I like the one who wants to pick Oprah's brain over lunch, but she is definitely not his "type". (Not saying he wants a trophy wife who doesn't talk back like Ryan Bowers, but I am not sure how he can handle THAT much intellectual stimulation... and manipulation.)

I am also ruling out those who model and/or compete in athletics, since it is way too obvious why they were cast. I strongly suspect that Sean does NOT want a gal with a similar career to his.

Alas... I do not have high hopes for Paige and Kacie. However, some little voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that Kacie will make top four as a contender for next Bachelorette. Anybody else hearing that same little voice?

Wasn't that Selma? I don't think that anything suggests she is THAT smart. And given the fact that she loves country music, football, Texas, and is an ex-cheerleader, I would think that she is EXACTLY his type (minus the blonde part). I don't even think that the whole being blonde thing is that serious, considering that we only know of 1 ex-girlfriend who was blonde. Emily doesn't count, because the Bachelorette could have been any of Ben's girls and I guarantee that he would have made it to top 4 and we would have thought that they were his type. And, like Jason realized, sometimes the type you go in thinking you have isn't really the person you are meant to be with.

Also, I would be shocked if Kacie didn't make it to top 4. I'm sure after the whole Shawntel fiasco, she was guaranteed that if she did the show, she would be there for a certain period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:20 am

Just because a girls bio doesn't say they practice the same faith as him or any faith at all doesn't mean she isn't religious or spiritual. I know that some girls don't talk about those kinds of things openly.

Also about having the same career as him...I know that a certain someone doesn't fitness model for a living but just did a photoshoot for fun.

I think someone who is into faith and being spiritually and physically heathy will be his "type." I hope that he doesn't ONLY consider blondes. Let's be honest here, the blondes he has dated in the past obviously haven't worked out. I think he should try rooting for the other team!

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 am

I must have lost my post here... thought I just responded.

Oh well...

With the blondes, I dunno!

It did tickle me how many there were, regardless of the Emily "factor". We STILL have to see how Sean behaves with the ladies. You can't go by such brief bios on abc.com.

Yeah, Selma was the one who wants to meet Oprah. I was basically *hinting* that she may be too much of a Talker for Sean.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by in2deep Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Ok, I've been way deep in school... Just spent too much time reading everything.

I think Ben's secret is that the girls, Arie and Sean will all go to Evolve winery, get sloshed, and Arie will give Sean kissing lessons...by kissing him!

Some think the new bachelor is hot
While others prefer to think not
Whatever the case
I'm sure in January we'll race
To the Monday 8 PM time slot!

It's the Sean Limerick Challenge!

"Reality TV is to reality what love handles are to love." - J. McGinness
Ride on! 8)
in2deep
in2deep

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:14 pm

One of the things that I am finding the most intriguing is that we already know that one of the women (Selma) was following Sean on Twitter and was someone who he was tweeting back and forth with. Now that is an interesting twist in itself. Will that make a difference in the outcome? Who knows? And it might turn out that there are others that were also tweeting back and forth with Sean. It would be sort of like meeting a blind date before the actual date - so to speak.

What that tells me is that the producers have decided to try and use Twitter to their advantage this time around. They have come to realize that they can't control much of what gets out there on social media, and I think that is one reason that they decided to release the pictures of the bachelorettes so early this time around.

I also like that there was more than one first impression rose handed out on the first night. And that might also mean that the rose ceremony was shortened as well, which could be a good thing.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by just logic Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:18 pm

I wonder if she was tweeting him before she applied and before there was huge speculation that it would be Sean. If she was then that would seem to indicate that she was interested in Sean himself and not just any bachelor.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
just logic
just logic

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:32 pm

JBF wrote:

Yes :)

My main concern there is, will TPTB want 3 obviously conservative seasons in a row?

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 pm

just logic wrote:I wonder if she was tweeting him before she applied and before there was huge speculation that it would be Sean. If she was then that would seem to indicate that she was interested in Sean himself and not just any bachelor.

Agreed, also. There are quite a few in the cast that I think applied hoping for Sean as TB, in particular.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:34 pm

in2deep wrote:Ok, I've been way deep in school... Just spent too much time reading everything.

I think Ben's secret is that the girls, Arie and Sean will all go to Evolve winery, get sloshed, and Arie will give Sean kissing lessons...by kissing him!

Some think the new bachelor is hot
While others prefer to think not
Whatever the case
I'm sure in January we'll race
To the Monday 8 PM time slot!

It's the Sean Limerick Challenge!

Love the fun!
Thank you. I know we have some talented members here. Limmerick away!

Bach 17's name is Sean
Some prefer to call him Yawn
Blonde's, Brunes and Redheads
Will compete for to be in his bed
But in the end up he'll be MF's pawn

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

+73
Catdwoman50
marloon
Cajunprince7
mtnlvr55
deeliciouz