SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Litta123 Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Longhornfan wrote:One of the things that I am finding the most intriguing is that we already know that one of the women (Selma) was following Sean on Twitter and was someone who he was tweeting back and forth with. Now that is an interesting twist in itself. Will that make a difference in the outcome? Who knows? And it might turn out that there are others that were also tweeting back and forth with Sean. It would be sort of like meeting a blind date before the actual date - so to speak.

What that tells me is that the producers have decided to try and use Twitter to their advantage this time around. They have come to realize that they can't control much of what gets out there on social media, and I think that is one reason that they decided to release the pictures of the bachelorettes so early this time around.

I also like that there was more than one first impression rose handed out on the first night. And that might also mean that the rose ceremony was shortened as well, which could be a good thing.

I'm not sure it should be classified this way. I've read through her tweets. She responded to a tweet he made about coffee and to one when he tweeted a photo of his nephew Smith (swoon btw...that little guy is adorable!). She also retweeted him once as well. KikiLove has them all listed on p.3 of Selma's contestant thread. I don't know how to bring that post over here or I would. I don't believe Sean ever tweeted her.

Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by NCGalBecca Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:51 pm

I don't think they were told a specific bachelor's name because Sarah indicated in her Tweets that she was hoping it would be Sean but was anxious to know who "TB" was going to be. From her comments on Twitter and Facebook, it looks like she was selected or at least a finalist in June.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 pm

TiaMarieArdagna wrote:Just because a girls bio doesn't say they practice the same faith as him or any faith at all doesn't mean she isn't religious or spiritual. I know that some girls don't talk about those kinds of things openly.

Also about having the same career as him...I know that a certain someone doesn't fitness model for a living but just did a photoshoot for fun.

I think someone who is into faith and being spiritually and physically heathy will be his "type." I hope that he doesn't ONLY consider blondes. Let's be honest here, the blondes he has dated in the past obviously haven't worked out. I think he should try rooting for the other team!

Lori, who knows Sean personally, has stated that he actually has mostly dated brunettes with the exception of the DC cheerleader. She left a post about it over in Sean's contestant thread. :Smiley:

NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Back to top Go down

Post by HowSoonIsNow Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:02 pm

JBF wrote:

---

Although Sean may not be comfortable dating outside his faith, he is OK outside his "race". It is nice to finally see multiple shades among the ladies. Granted, he will still likely wind up with a blonde of the Emily School (couple of those here), but at least the critics will lay off of Fleiss for not being diversified enough.

---

Alas... I do not have high hopes for Paige and Kacie. However, some little voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that Kacie will make top four as a contender for next Bachelorette. Anybody else hearing that same little voice?

Linking the 2 paragraphs above together, I think not only was Kacie (maybe Paige) brought on board for possible Bach'ette status (moreso than possible F1 status), I think at least one of the ladies of color might have been as well. Will any of them have that bubbly extroverted "fan-favorite"-type of personality? Then we can suspect it to be true. Perhaps the girl from Seattle. Seems like the type. And the Seattle ppl almost always make it far on this show.

Then next season we could have a Bachette of color. Then maybe the next season a Bach of color. All done "organically", instead of wedging a lead of color in there.

I don't know how much of a motivating factor the lawsuit is vs shoring up their plunging ratings. It could be that broadening their viewing demographic is their primary focus.
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:30 pm

HowSoonIsNow wrote:
JBF wrote:

---

Although Sean may not be comfortable dating outside his faith, he is OK outside his "race". It is nice to finally see multiple shades among the ladies. Granted, he will still likely wind up with a blonde of the Emily School (couple of those here), but at least the critics will lay off of Fleiss for not being diversified enough.

---

Alas... I do not have high hopes for Paige and Kacie. However, some little voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that Kacie will make top four as a contender for next Bachelorette. Anybody else hearing that same little voice?

Linking the 2 paragraphs above together, I think not only was Kacie (maybe Paige) brought on board for possible Bach'ette status (moreso than possible F1 status), I think at least one of the ladies of color might have been as well. Will any of them have that bubbly extroverted "fan-favorite"-type of personality? Then we can suspect it to be true. Perhaps the girl from Seattle. Seems like the type. And the Seattle ppl almost always make it far on this show.

Then next season we could have a Bachette of color. Then maybe the next season a Bach of color. All done "organically", instead of wedging a lead of color in there.

I don't know how much of a motivating factor the lawsuit is vs shoring up their plunging ratings. It could be that broadening their viewing demographic is their primary focus.

Yeah...

Sean does not have to choose her, just bring her to the top three or four so there is enough fan support. Kacie and Paige are "insurance" ladies to fall back on.

Mind you, all we do is speculate here. Sean may actually fall all gaga "head over heels" with ANY of these ladies. He could wind up surprising us all. Even in my above postings, I am not assuming anything here since I really don't know Sean personally and, even if I did, I still wouldn't know his exact "type" or whether he would potentially go against "type".

It is just that many of us have seen how this "recycling" works season after season... Call us all jaded.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:37 pm

[quote="Litta123"]
Longhornfan wrote:One of the things that I am finding the most intriguing is that we already know that one of the women (Selma) was following Sean on Twitter and was someone who he was tweeting back and forth with. Now that is an interesting twist in itself. Will that make a difference in the outcome? Who knows? And it might turn out that there are others that were also tweeting back and forth with Sean. It would be sort of like meeting a blind date before the actual date - so to speak.

What that tells me is that the producers have decided to try and use Twitter to their advantage this time around. They have come to realize that they can't control much of what gets out there on social media, and I think that is one reason that they decided to release the pictures of the bachelorettes so early this time around.

I also like that there was more than one first impression rose handed out on the first night. And that might also mean that the rose ceremony was shortened as well, which could be a good thing.

I'm not sure it should be classified this way. I've read through her tweets. She responded to a tweet he made about coffee and to one when he tweeted a photo of his nephew Smith (swoon btw...that little guy is adorable!). She also retweeted him once as well. KikiLove has them all listed on p.3 of Selma's contestant thread. I don't know how to bring that post over here or I would. I don't believe Sean ever tweeted her.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I did read what KikiLove put on Selma's contestant thread and just assumed that she and Sean had been exchanging tweets. That is what I get for assuming....lol. At the very least it appears that Selma might have been one of Sean's followers on Twitter. And she does seem to share a lot of his same interests.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:47 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:I don't think they were told a specific bachelor's name because Sarah indicated in her Tweets that she was hoping it would be Sean but was anxious to know who "TB" was going to be. From her comments on Twitter and Facebook, it looks like she was selected or at least a finalist in June.

I love your siggy line.. Good luck to your hubby. MM was what my dear mother passed from.
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:51 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
JBF wrote:

Yes :)

My main concern there is, will TPTB want 3 obviously conservative seasons in a row?

I wondered the same thing. Lots of people watch for the crazy antics and if they bring it down too low, I feel like the show will suffer because of it, but I'm in no way saying it would me. I love to see people proud of their faith and not afraid to show it. : )
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Longhornfan wrote:
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I did read what KikiLove put on Selma's contestant thread and just assumed that she and Sean had been exchanging tweets. That is what I get for assuming....laugh out loud. At the very least it appears that Selma might have been one of Sean's followers on Twitter. And she does seem to share a lot of his same interests.

:yes: I totally agree with the bolded. They seemed to be very compatible "on paper." And, yes, Sean is someone that Selma does follow on twitter.
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:01 pm

LoveDovez wrote:
NCGalBecca wrote:I don't think they were told a specific bachelor's name because Sarah indicated in her Tweets that she was hoping it would be Sean but was anxious to know who "TB" was going to be. From her comments on Twitter and Facebook, it looks like she was selected or at least a finalist in June.

I love your siggy line.. Good luck to your hubby. MM was what my dear mother passed from.

Thank you so much. He's hanging in there. I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. BCs are so devastating and cruel.

NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 pm

I am waiting until after the first episode airs to get a better read on who Sean might end up with.

I always have my :rosiecolored on before another season begins.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Starshine_16 Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:55 pm

According to RS a blond woman got the first 1 on 1 date.I cannot wait to hear clues on who got the second 1-on-1 date,

Nephew: Christopher
Niece: Lillian
Nephew: Griffin
I am a proud aunt!
Starshine_16
Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

+73
Catdwoman50
marloon
Cajunprince7
mtnlvr55
deeliciouz