SELECT CONTENT

Contestants Bio/Blogs - Bachelor Canada - Discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contestants Bio/Blogs - Bachelor Canada - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Contestants Bio/Blogs - Bachelor Canada - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:43 am

atem wrote:Is he still gushing over Whitney on his blogs?

But no one hit the straightaways like Whitney. When she drove by the last lap, she was humming! Being beaten by both Sophie and Whitney grounded me immediately. But that is only because I blew the tire off my car on the third turn! ;)

When Whitney won, I was obviously elated. To give her the first impression rose and then to get to spend my first one-on-one time with her couldn’t have worked out any better. Being in a helicopter for the first time and having a blast, not realizing what we were looking at because we were in the moment – it was surreal
http://www.bachelorcanada.ca/2012/10/i-was-so-looking-forward-to-the-actual-dates/

From jet setting in the sun to another quintessential Canadian date, I was so excited to set up a lumberjack showdown. Three vs. three for a gorgeous night out in Victoria’s cottage country! The teams seemed a little uneven at first – even Whitney was boasting about her team’s eventual domination. But I think people underestimated Chantelle, and especially Laura B. Laura made the pole climb look easy! It’s not! I tried it. She had perfect technique. Sophie had the ever-most daunting task of taking on Whitney in the joust event. After seeing how competitive she was in Las Vegas, I thought she had a great chance. But I think everyone was scared to go up against Whitney, especially with the determination she had in her eyes! But eventually it was Chantelle and Laura B who came out on top. Immediately, I felt awful for Nicole. I know she’d been in the house for so long and really wanted the extra time. I thought Whitney’s team had the edge, but on this day after a hard-fought battle, I whisked the Blue Team to the Sooke Harbour House in Victoria.

http://www.bachelorcanada.ca/2012/10/and-so-begins-the-second-week-of-dates/
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Contestants Bio/Blogs - Bachelor Canada - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Contestants Bio/Blogs - Bachelor Canada - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Do the Bachelor contestants have Twitter accounts or just Brad?
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Love_Me wrote:Do the Bachelor contestants have Twitter accounts or just Brad?

I don't know if they do, but Laura B has a fanpage:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Laura-Bateman-The-Bachelor-Canada/197254620389758#!/pages/Laura-Bateman-The-Bachelor-Canada/197254620389758

Contestants Bio/Blogs - Bachelor Canada - Discussion - Page 2 Photo_zpscaed7884
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:17 am

Thanks Love_Me. Just as I thought...he's still gushing about Whitney! I still say she's final one.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:10 am

atem wrote:Thanks Love_Me. Just as I thought...he's still gushing about Whitney! I still say she's final one.
He's not really gushing over her as much as he is the other ones especially Kara and Bianka and Laura B.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10788

Back to top Go down

Post by newfiegirl Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Gotta correct Brad's comment in this week's blog: "I whisked the Blue Team to the Sooke Harbour House in Victoria." Sorry Brad but either your blog didn't get edited or someone rewrites what you want to say in your blog, but Sook Harbour House is in Sooke not Victoria. After the logging event at Sooke River Campground it is only about a 5 minute drive to Sooke Harbour House - a beautiful spot but not in Victoria.

newfiegirl
newfiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ja1968 Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
atem wrote:Thanks Love_Me. Just as I thought...he's still gushing about Whitney! I still say she's final one.
He's not really gushing over her as much as he is the other ones especially Kara and Bianka and Laura B.

I agree. I do not think Whitney is f1.
ja1968
ja1968

Female Posts : 819

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Gabrielle's Blog:

What a rollercoaster ride!

What a roller-coaster ride! From dirty martinis on the first night, and meeting an incredible guy, to building a life-long friendship with Kara – the sister I never had. Being on the The Bachelor Canada taught me so much and was truly an experience I’ll never forget.

Although the amazing Chantelle told me that my honesty is what she liked best about me. I learned from my time on the show that I should keep my opinions to myself. I also learned that it’s a good idea to filter my thoughts before sharing them out loud!

I can’t even begin to explain what a great guy Brad is. He’s so kind, considerate, and charming! He saw a side of me that I haven’t shared with many people.

Life has taught me to put my guard up, and hold back my emotions until I truly trust someone. I guess that explains why I’m often misunderstood, and why so many people have taken offense to my direct nature.

But Brad saw past all of that and got to know my sensitive, family-focused, animal-loving, and adore-spending-time-with-seniors side – the real me!

Many people might wonder why I didn’t cry or feel sad the night I went home. They may think it’s because I’m “cold” or I didn’t like Brad. The real reason is far from it.

That night, I felt a sense of happiness. Happiness because I knew that the connection Brad and I shared was real. Brad is an amazing guy and he’s someone I hope to be friends with for a very long time.

Contestants Bio/Blogs - Bachelor Canada - Discussion - Page 2 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Tyler's Blog:

It really sums up where Brad is

“Mr. Smith, choose wisely”
-Gabrielle

I start with that quote from the end of last night’s episode because it was so perfectly placed and delivered. It really sums up where Brad is as he heads out on his fantasy dates.

With four ladies left there was still a great deal of learning to be done, both by Brad and his bachelorettes. So let’s start with Bianka…

BIANKA

Bianka has made her reputation on being coy and not showing her cards. You know it’s a serious character trait when she won’t even reveal what her favourite flavour of ice cream is. I mean mint chocolate chip is not such an obscure choice. It’s mine and about 1 billion other people’s favourite as well. Rosy rutabaga, now that’s obscure, unless you’re from Lichtenstein.

Bianka did start to talk about her fears and growing feelings for Brad though, which was refreshing and long overdue. It’s clearly important to Brad and his self-esteem to know exactly how someone feels about him. He definitely got the reassurance he was looking for. It was also nice to hear about how Bianka’s parents met, were wed so swiftly, and now have a relationship that has endured over three decades. Bravo! Take that all you Bachelor naysayers!!

All in all, I think you’ll agree that Bianka should be in the mix. The only question I have is, can she really put her past behind her and put her heart on the line unconditionally?

KARA

The first shocker of Kara’s date was that it was raining in Vancouver. Who saw that coming? All kidding aside, I loved Kara’s hometown date. It was in my opinion the sweetest by far. You can really see a physical and playful bond between the two of them. However, after listening to their conversation on the ferry, I was starting to think I was hearing a lot of talking but they didn’t have much to say to each other. Other than…

Kara: “I can’t believe we’re here…”

Brad: “…ya, it’s crazy, you look amazing.”

But Mr. Smith brought it home when he dropped the relocation bomb on Miss K. This was a great real moment between the two of them. You could really see Kara considering that possibility and grappling with the ramifications of it.

My favourite part of Kara and Brad’s date was the surprise visit of her father. That was such a lovely moment and you could see the unfiltered joy she felt knowing the other man in her life was there to share in that day. Kara’s a keeper, but she still needs to show that she can bring it on every relationship level. It should also be noted that she was the first one to use the “L” word. I can just see it now…”Brad and Kara sittin’ in a tree…”

GABBY

Gabrielle proved you should never judge a book by its cover. Her brash exterior and personality is beautifully offset by her kindness and selfless volunteer work at the senior’s home. Bravo G, you made me (and I hope others) think about how important it is to give back.

The most glaring thing about Gabrielle’s hometown date was Brad’s interest level. Just like with Britany last week, his body language and verbal intensity gives his intentions – or lack thereof –away. Despite a wonderful family, a very welcoming experience, and of course belly dancing, for Brad, that spark was clearly just not there.

Although never spoken, I don’t feel Gabrielle was too surprised that she did not get a rose.

WHITNEY

Oh Whitney…

All the confidence in the world…except when it comes to sharing your emotions. I can’t tell you how frustrating it was to watch her time and again come up against her own self-constructed road blocks. I really want to believe there are some strong feelings there. She just needs to get out of her own way and let them flow. She would be surprised how cathartic and freeing it is.

For the first time you could see Brad start to question his relationship with Whitney. I like how he is really hearing, not just listening, to what his heart has been saying about her. He did the right thing pressing her on the date and pulling her out of the Rose Ceremony to reiterate his point. He feels something, it’s there and it’s real, but until Whitney cracks that shell around her he won’t fully know if it’s true.

And in love the truth is everything.

So indeed Mr. Smith, choose wisely.

-Ty

momoftrips
momoftrips

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Brad's Blog:

I can’t believe it’s time for hometown dates already!

I can’t believe it’s time for hometown dates already! I know it may seem like it’s just the fifth episode – too early to meet the girls’ families – but keep in mind, I’ve spent a lot more time with them in the first month-and-a-half of shooting than you actually see in each episode. That’s why I felt confident enough to make my way across Canada to meet four completely different families. Personally, I would never feel comfortable enough going into anyone’s home had I not been given adequate time to get to know someone. I expected that bringing me home to meet their parents had to mean as much to the girls as it did to me! Was I comfortable with where I was in the process? Yes. Was I terrified? Absolutely!

First off was Bianka’s hometown of Mississauga, a place I used to live while I played with the Toronto Argonauts. I was excited to see her family but I was so nervous because Bianka made such a big deal about not being ready to bring me home. I wasn’t totally convinced she wanted me there. That was until I saw her. Right away, she made me feel so comfortable. We stopped at her hometown ice cream parlour and discovered we both loved mint chocolate chip! We had a great talk, but my comfort level was completely diminished when she told me her parents only speak Croatian.

This seemed like a no-win situation. As we walked into B’s living room, my fears were realized. It was all Croatian off the bat! For two solid minutes I felt like the outsider who was sweating through his shirt. Then the ice was broken: “We do speak English!” They were just messing with me. At that point, I knew we were going to get along! Bo, Steve, Daniel, and Anne are great people! They made me feel welcome and are so down to earth. Steve reminds me a lot of my dad, always joking around and very comfortable to be around from the get-go. Bo is a sweetheart, and you can tell her daughter means everything to her. With a great Croatian dinner and a lot of laughs, Bianka decided it was a hit. And as for me, I could see myself spending more Sundays with her and her family.

Then, it was Kara’s turn. I knew I was going to immediately feel comfortable once I saw her. She has a calming influence and a go-with-the flow personality. Meeting on Granville Island in the rain was a very cute way of starting our date. “It’s very Vancouver,” Kara insisted! The surprise of getting a tour of the area on her uncle’s boat was even better! Seeing English Bay that way was incredible. And getting to talk to Kara made me realize even more just how comfortable I am with her. It was effortless! She automatically makes people feel at ease. And that’s the best way to be before going into an unknown environment!

When we got to her house, Kara was visibly upset by the lack of her father’s presence, but she understands that sometimes life gets in the way. Meeting her family was great. And the smell coming from the kitchen was amazing! It was all set up to be a great dinner, and then when her father made a surprise entrance, her family felt complete. During the delicious dinner her family let me be me! I was constantly joking, and trying to make everyone laugh. By the end of the night, it basically turned into a party! I didn’t want to leave. I felt like I was already a part of the family! And that was the best feeling to have after only a short while. It’s a daunting task to go into a family’s home for eight hours, be nervous, and try to make the best impression. But so far…so good!

Next up was Gabby’s hometown date in Oakville. I was really excited to get to spend more quality time with her. Over the last month we had really come a long way. She started off as a very outgoing person around me, but ever since Mexico, she started to emerge as this amazingly sweet person too. Around me, she was open and honest, while always maintaining a straight-forward, no-nonsense attitude, which made it even more surprising that she took me to a senior’s recreation centre on our date. As soon as we sat down to play bingo, I think she was surprised by my reaction. I’ve always had the ability to relate to any age group based on my sense of humour. And by the end of that bingo game, I had Gabby’s friends rolling. It was so much fun, and besides that, just great to see her interact with the seniors. But I was about to step into a home with a serious amount of family members, and I could tell Gabby was nervous.

Entering her house was crazy! There were so many people, and so many big personalities. I had to try and hold my ground. But once again, after about 30 minutes, everything was cool and calm. We told “our” story about how we had gotten to this point, and after that, everyone was so excited to eat what appeared to be the biggest feast to date. My plate was loaded three times! And trying to be as polite as I could, I ate every last bite. It was delicious, but I don’t think I have ever been that full. What’s the best way to work off a food baby? Belly dancing! Oh man, watching that back, I looked like my father with two left feet. But when in doubt, have fun with it…and I did. Meeting Gabby’s family was amazing and everyone was so welcoming. It was only fitting to give her cousin Paris a goodbye kiss on the cheek!

As always, I was excited to see Whitney. But I was hoping that instead of just her intense interactions, she would finally verbalize what she was feeling. I was also excited to see where she came from. But I was absolutely terrified knowing she was setting this date up. What was she going to put me through? I could only imagine! So, as we’re driving up to our date she says, “ski jumps!” Worst case scenario. She knew that I just finished facing my biggest fear on our last date, and told her that I never wanted to do something like that again. I was sweating through my shirt! Finally, she told me that we were bobsledding instead. That, I could do! And it was one of the craziest things I’ve ever done!

After that, Whit was noticeably quiet while we were driving over to meet her parents and sister. I could really see her nerves, and as soon as we got into her house, I could see how emotional she was. Her mother was such a sweetheart, and her dad was such a cool guy! When I was talking to him outside, I really saw how expressive he was. That’s why sitting down at dinner was such a different experience for me. Whit comes from a family that speaks so eloquently, but she couldn’t even verbalize her emotions to me, a guy who her dad just finished saying makes her feel and look a way he’s never seen before. I felt like there was something going on with her. And even though I was having an amazing time, as I left her house, I realized I needed to ask her something before we got any further in this journey. And I needed the answer in words. Not actions.

When I pulled Whit away at the rose ceremony, I flat out asked her if she could be emotionally open with me. When she said that she knew that she could, it was clear to me that I needed to give her more time.

It was hard to say goodbye to Gabby. She had come such a long way, but in the end, my connections with the other girls were stronger. With just Bianka, Kara and Whitney left, I knew I had great girls left. And I knew one of those girls was for me!

Till next week,

-Brad

momoftrips
momoftrips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Contestants Bio/Blogs - Bachelor Canada - Discussion

+7
atem
LoveDovez
ThankMeLater
ryvetted
tigertiz