SELECT CONTENT

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Page 32 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 56 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Post by luvlady345 Thu May 15, 2014 9:43 pm

FLChica wrote:Some choose to mock the stereotyping aimed at their heritage / ethnicity.  I recall Emily commenting on going "back-woods West Virginia hood-rat" on one of the creeps on her show.

I was a little surprised that a self-proclaimed virgin Bachelor would promote a "grown-sexy" wedding theme.  The boudoir photo shoot complete with a wardrobe malfunction of the virgin's wife-to-be and camera monitoring the honeymoon suite took things to a rather distasteful level.  But hey - who am I to judge?  :gotcha: 

EXACTLY, I have seen Redneck parties, Ghetto parties, Valley dolls parties you name it, I dunno everything is just so PC I just don't think she meant to offend or was she trying to make fun of anyone.....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

Post by glazedover Thu May 15, 2014 11:01 pm

luvlady345 wrote:
FLChica wrote:Some choose to mock the stereotyping aimed at their heritage / ethnicity.  I recall Emily commenting on going "back-woods West Virginia hood-rat" on one of the creeps on her show.

I was a little surprised that a self-proclaimed virgin Bachelor would promote a "grown-sexy" wedding theme.  The boudoir photo shoot complete with a wardrobe malfunction of the virgin's wife-to-be and camera monitoring the honeymoon suite took things to a rather distasteful level.  But hey - who am I to judge?  :gotcha: 

EXACTLY, I have seen Redneck parties, Ghetto parties, Valley dolls parties you name it, I dunno everything is just so PC I just don't think she meant to offend or was she trying to make fun of anyone.....

Exactly, I don't think she meant to offend......BUT....she is so entitled that her insensitivity to the lives of others just came shining through. As you can see, I am not fond of her either. She has always impressed me as a self-absorbed mean girl with a sweet smile.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu May 15, 2014 11:07 pm

I also remember Emily at Brad's M & G coyly telling him that she was just a coal miner's daughter. He fell in love at that second.  The truth was she was a coal mine owner's daughter.  Not at all the same thing. She has never been "trailer trash" (which really is an unfair nasty phrase and not true), poor or disadvantaged (except what she brought on herself by being too freaking lazy to go to college or work/have a career despite the immense financial status she has had every day of her life).

Last edited by IrishGal on Thu May 15, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu May 15, 2014 11:10 pm

Is Emily's family wealthy? I don't know much about her side of the family, just Ricki's.

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 32 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu May 15, 2014 11:12 pm

bleuberry wrote:Is Emily's family wealthy? I don't know much about her side of the family, just Ricki's.

Yes.

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 32 87b72b10 Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 32 86669110 Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - Page 32 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu May 15, 2014 11:13 pm

She met the Hendricks because her family and theirs were neighbors in an exclusive Florida summer home community. Rich as all get out.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu May 15, 2014 11:14 pm

atem wrote:Well, another Bachelor alum got married!  Moana Dixon https://www.facebook.com/MoanaDixon

Congrats to one of my favs of this franchise!

Loved and love Moana! She was so awesome on Travis's season, and I thought she really did get her heart broke. I will always love her line when the friends asked which ring she would pick, she picked the hugest one and said she was as shallow as a wading pool, loved her making fun of herself!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu May 15, 2014 11:17 pm

I would hope that Sean didn't mean to offend those couples that have actually remained pure until marriage. Hopefully they understand that you can bend your principles for the big paycheck. Wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds you.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu May 15, 2014 11:19 pm

IrishGal wrote:

I also remember Emily at Brad's M & G coyly telling him that she was just a coal miner's daughter. He fell in love at that second.  The truth was she was a coal mine owner's daughter.  Not at all the same thing. She has never been "trailer trash" (which really is an unfair nasty phrase and not true), poor or disadvantaged (except what she brought on herself by being too freaking lazy to go to college or work/have a career despite the immense financial status she has had every day of her life).

She says this on the testimonial she gave for the church. Nope not the same thing at all. I actually joke about being Trailer Park Trash, because I do work so hard for my education and to make my family and other's lives better. BUT, I am offended that little miss never worked a day in her life chooses to make fun of it. It maybe normal and I would probably laugh at others doing it, but this is yet another case where her projected title doesn't match the real person on the inside to me. She has a lovely package, I just don't care for what is underneath and her actions continue to reinforce that for me.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu May 15, 2014 11:22 pm

IrishGal wrote:

Yes, Emily played her role as a contestant on a reality tv show quite well and was rewarded with her own show. As did Des, Sean, Jen, Jason, DeAnna, Jake, Ashley, Ben, Juan Pablo, Ali...well, we all get the idea.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Have been told many years by a very wise woman that what's on the inside will always manifest to the outside. If it sweet then sweet you will get if ugly then ugliness will eventually come out.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu May 15, 2014 11:29 pm

Love the discussion threads that we can have this conversation. Glad there are fan threads too, so those who don't want to hear anything negative don't have to!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 56 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion

+135
Rosepetal
sdmom
loveactually9
Beach Lover
happygolucky