SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 66 of 81 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 66 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by albean99 Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:48 pm

I love that, @GuardianAngel  I once had a toll paid for me by the car in front while driving on a mountain pass in B.C. It was especially nice because I was going to my mom's funeral.

I don't think we'll get much of the snow/ice they had forecast but our temp dropped from 60 at 2 to 36 right now. The worst is the wind so I'm happy to be cozy at home. I feel for those of you who get really cold, snowy weather. I've lived with it before but am happy to be somewhere where it's very unusual.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15304

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 66 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:27 pm

@GuardianAngel  What a better world we would have if people could just be nicer to those they know and even try to be nicer to those they don't. JMOAA> Love your anecdote.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:47 am

Thanks for sharing @GuardianAngel. It's nice to hear something good. It's been a crappy day. I'm sick again with this horrid flu. I can't breathe. I can't sleep because I can't breathe and I just found out a friends mum passed away today from ALS. Horrible, horrible disease. Six months from finding out she had it...and she's gone.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:51 am

@Sprite so sorry about your friend's mom. prayers for her xx. Hope you feel better as well.

@GuardianAngel how nice!! I can't drink black coffee, i need lots of sugar and creamer laugh out loud

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 66 8367-910 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 66 I_got_13 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 66 E5kqdm15 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 66 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:54 am

@Sprite that's so sad. I had a friend that passed away 12 months from being diagnosed. He was my age, and it was horrific to watch him decline. So sorry to hear you're sick. It's nasty.

@Linds911 when I was expecting my son, many moons ago, the taste of cream in my coffee made me nauseous. I've never had cream since. laugh out loud

@Kashathediva such a simple concept and yet, I stay away from as much news as I can because of the hate that dominates the news links.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Why do I live here?  hmmm

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 pm

I just finally dug myself out yesterday from all of last weeks snow since I was laid up on my couch all week. Thank goodness for snow blowers.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:35 pm

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 66 239598-Have-A-Happy-Valentines-Day

Source

Whether it's with your significant other, your children, friends, furbabies, our Fan Threads, enjoy the love today and always!

Happy Valentines Day!

beatingheart

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Thoughts and prayers aren't working, but my heart hurts every single time.

I cannot imagine being a parent living through this nightmare.

Somehow, some way, I hope the families of Parkland Florida find strength to come out strong while enduring the pain of their losses through this horrific ordeal.

#RIP Kids. You are now joining many others who have gone through the same horror.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:53 pm

So sad for Florida. Many prayers and thoughts for all effected.

Just a question for our members from other countries do you have these mass shooting issues? If this is too political please delete. I just feel like these shootings are becoming way to common place in the USA. Listening to NPR, they could only call it the worse school shooting in that county of the state. Have we honestly had so many that it has come down to just not this county or town yet?

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:11 pm

My heart breaks. No words.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:13 pm

I was watching NBC Nightly News and they featured a woman who was a paraplegic due to a school shooting years ago (in Louisville, KY I believe). 
She counsels students  and one of the things she mentioned is that students are looking at school shootings as becoming the new normal. Many schools schedule drills for this type of thing. I know of several local schools by me that have had lockdowns for issues this year. 
What a sad, scary world we live in. 
I believe a child should feel safe going to school. I believe any person should feel safe going to concert, a street fair, or anything recreational or just their day to day. 
Very sad.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 81 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny